Annoying fossils

HappyTails

On Indefinite Hiatus
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
I swear searching for fossils is catching up to being the most annoying thing in this game, second to only diving.

Why is it that gyroids and pit fall seeds have no problems showing up but when you are 3 fossils short of completing the fossil exhibit, fossils don't show up for some reason? I only found 2 today and I ran all over my town.

Hm, that is strange. I always have four fossils spawn per day (granted I find them all the day before). I often find them hiding behind bushes and trees - they're annoyingly elusive sometimes.

I've completed the fossil exhibition for my 2 towns and I never tried too hard, if I didn't find all 4 fossils I would just let it be and looks again tomorrow. Eventually they all showed up. So, patience! :)

If you're stuck finding the last few they are probably in really tricky spots. Most likely if you don't find them now you're not going to spawn new ones to find tomorrow... good luck!!! (check behind trees!) I completed my fossil collection fairly easily, didn't really think about it actually. Brewster just told me one day it was complete and I was just like oh ok.

One thing about fossils: As long as they aren't assessed by Blathers, they do not have a hidden identity. No really: there was a time I unintentionally reset after he assessed my fossils. When I came back to Blathers to get them identified again, the fossils were entirely different kinds from the ones I got before I reset!

In this regard, I think item luck may factor in to how they are identified... Also, maybe you can hoard unidentified fossils until the opportunity arises to use this luck.

Well I went back after taking a break and still couldn't find them. I'll not going to dwell on it anymore because the only thing I'll do is get irritated. They will likely show up if I'm not looking for them. That's usually what happens.

Back