• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Harvest Town Help!!!!

ja2mine

ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Red Candy
October Birthstone (Opal)
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
Tasty Cake
Voodoo Doll
I was thinking of doing an orchard for my harvest town Evening but I'm not sure what other PWP's and things i can do.

PWPS and Areas I have so far -

Fruit Tree Orchard
Fence PWP
Scarecrow guarding crops

What are some other areas that would be good for this type of town, and what should I do with my characters houses?

Maybe a picnic blanket or a log bench + stumps to form a little area where visitors can relax when they're not apple-picking and whatnot?
I've also seen some cute vegetable patch qr codes that might look good in the fences.

It sucks you can't have more than one windmill, but that PWP would be really nice in a harvest town. Other than those said above already, you could go for more natural looking ones like the stone tablet and stone henge just to make a foresty part of town. Also make some good use of the sign post PWPs so you can have different signs for your orchards. The streetlight PWP is a nice one too and kinda dingy lookin lol.

windmill, hammock, log bench, water well, flower bed, rack of rice, water pump, wisteria trellis.

for a house, maybe a barn? or have a house like a little farmhouse?

Maybe a well, racks of rice, water pump, windmill, and wind turbine would fit!

It's not harvest themed at all really but these days you see (at least around me) fields full of solar panels since farmers get subsidies, same with wind turbines actually. Harvest makes me think of a Constable painting so a lot less modern but could be a twist on it.

It sucks you can't have more than one windmill, but that PWP would be really nice in a harvest town. Other than those said above already, you could go for more natural looking ones like the stone tablet and stone henge just to make a foresty part of town. Also make some good use of the sign post PWPs so you can have different signs for your orchards. The streetlight PWP is a nice one too and kinda dingy lookin lol.

I had no idea you couldn't add multiple windmills!

Instrument Shelter PWP. It give you the weather.
The Rack of Rice is a nice PWP. I used it in front of a villagers house to give them a nice private side yard. It looks like a small fence. I wished I could put it on the other side but the bridge was too close.

I used to have a little autumn themed town, but I didn't really include a lot of pwps. It was mostly a forest, and I had a lot of sweet-olive shrubs and orange/black flowers mixed with white cosmos. It's probably not much help, but one of my favorite spots of that town was just a little nook with a bench.

pawdon.jpg

I like the suggestion of having like a little farmhouse or barn, you could find some super cute pumpkin crop qr codes i bet! The cafe might look good, and/or the classic police station. Maybe the streetlights, too? I'm always a fan of those in towns kinda like this for some reason. The zen lights might look good too. The scarecrow too perhaps. And of course some of the other suggestions: well, water pump, windmill, log bench, etc. If you can get some perfect apples having some left out in baskets as decoration may look nice, especially near the orchard.

There are a lot of cute crop field qr codes out there! Definitley use those. I'd use mostly apple, Persimmon, and pear trees as those are all fall fruits. The bus stop pwp could also look cute and fit in a forest themed town.

As for character houses maybe try and make a barn? Using soil flooring, rooster of Barcelona and zodiac rooster items, as well as milk cans and wheat fields/bundles and watering troughs you could probably make something pretty nice! Or for your main house have you ever played a harvest moon game? Recreating your house in that could be nice. You could have another house look like it's collecting and using apples! Like a character who uses apples from the orchard to make fresh apple juice/cider/pies they sell on site!

Last edited:
I have a pumpkin patch in my fence, it's a bummer you can't have more than one fence though. =[ I also agree with the log bench and stuff, and it's neat to incorporate a few dead trees here and there so it doesn't seem too repetitive. The scarecrow is a good idea as well, always need a guard for those crops!

Also prob stealing the barn idea for my town, cause that sounds really cute.

Ok working on the farm house! I'm almost done the main room, so I'll post pics when i'm done so you guys can see :)

Back