• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

New Name

Aderyn

b a d
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
White Rose
Red Rose
Yellow Rose
Is there any way possible I can change my name without hacks?

I was thinking I could I delete my character and bring a new one in, but i don't know how that works and I wouldn't know if the new character would be mayor or not ..

might reset

lol

anyone got anything?

Nope, as far as I know, without hacks you can't change your name. I might be wrong and there's a glitch that lets you do it? But I'm pretty sure there isn't.

The only way is to reset. Is your name really that bad? Lol

not really, its only my second in game day as ive recently reset from another town

Think that's my best option

Would you be available today for around 10 minutes so i can drop some stuff off while im resetting and pick it up later?

If you delete your mayor, the whole town gets deleted, yes. You can have the animals call you by a nickname, though...

If you want to change your name as mayor, you'd have to start the whole town over :( Nicknames are a good solution.

Yeah if you only want a mayor's name change, then just have the villagers call you by a nickname. A town change name can't be done without hax, unfortunately, and I hope it can be a feature in the next AC game.

Pretty sure that there's no other way like everyone else has said. :( ( actually didn't even know hacking to change your name was a thing (then again, I know little to nothing when it comes to hacks). I understand the feel of wanting to change your name though haha. I made my town over 4 years ago and just named my mayor my own name, but since coming back to my game again this summer, I've starting developing my town a lot in terms of lore. head canons etc and see my mayor as one of my characters rather than myself. Wasn't much I could do but I figured that I'd get all of my villagers to call my mayor the new name I wanted. My head canon here is that the name she goes by atm (her nickname) is her middle name, which I think works since many people irl go by their middle names as well.

Back