Question about Contests?

CHERRYBABY

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Hello! I'd like to host a little contest on here with in-game prizes such as bells, sets, and flowers. The contest would be for people to submit art of my Mayor alongside my two favourite villagers, Flurry and Caroline! They could do it on paper or a graphic design program! I'd just really love to see everyone's creativity and reward people for having some fun! Is this something that I'd be allowed to do on this forum or is there a rule against hosting contests for art?

It's allowed, but I've seen a few of these come and go and most users (understandably) don't want to do free drawings for a "maybe" placing prize. So if it were to be successful, either the prize payout would have to be really worthwhile or like you said, all participants get a something for their entries. If it's like a doodle contest or something then I think there'd be a lot of interest, but if you're looking for fully rendered beautiful pieces, maybe not.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's alright to do. But if it was just for in game stuff I think most people would pass, like Dizzy said, but for something more worthwhile I could see a lot of people participating. Like if there was a rare collectible or a big TBT prize I could see more people going for it, but in game stuff comes so cheap these days.

Back