• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

How do you get bells?

Geowlett

Sharkbait OoHaHa
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
2087-2633-7612
Jingle Christmas Doll
Holiday Candy Cane 2018
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Timmy Christmas Doll
I have 59 but i have no clue how i got them? I honestly dont know anything about this site other than the forum part of it

Last edited:
You make posts, and depending on how long they are, you get more bells.

You can also go to the Re-Tail thread and offer to sell items, villagers, etc. for BTB/TBT, aka forum currency! ;v;

Last edited:
Watch out when uploading images directly via the site, you lose bells that way.

You also lose bells from getting warnings.

omg the more u learn i never knew about this one .-.

there are places you don't earn tbt for posting though like the basement, introduction board, and bulletin board (? maybe on this one). the quickest way is to offer some services/goods in exchange for tbt. :) good luck!

Oh... Well this thread was actually helpful for me. So thanks.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you also lose bells from editing posts. Again, I could be wrong. :confused:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you also lose bells from editing posts. Again, I could be wrong. :confused:

Hmm, let me try this, by the time this post gets put up I should have 234 bells. I’ll edit it now.

EDIT: How funny, it was actually a post glitch, so I had to edit it lol. Lemme check my bells now.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Woah! I never knew this! I just lost 3 bells! :(
Looks like I have to be super careful now.

Last edited:

The only time you get them from editing is if you shorten your post, so lets say you type out a long post but decide to take out a chunk of it, then you'll lose bells.

Anyways. Bells are a really easy in game currency to get. You get them by posting. The more you post, the more you get. I believe that on your birthday you get 70 bells. Anyways. Every line you post, every Bell you get. So 1 line = 1 Bell. The maximum bells you could get from a post is 10 bells, from 10 or more lines. Players could give each other donations or pay them for things. So here?s a guide through all the forums;

The Bulletin Board - you do not get money for posting in this forum
Bell Tree HQ - you do get bells from posting in here
Introduction Board - you don?t get bells for posting in this forum
TBT Marketplace - you don?t get bells for posting in this forum

Animal Crossing: New Leaf - you get bells from posting on this forum
Train Station (AC:NL Online) - you get bells from posting on this forum
Re-Tail - you get bells from posting on this forum
Villager Trading Plaza - you get bells from posting on this forum

Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer - you get bells from posting on this forum
Animal Crossing amiibo Card Post Office - you get bells from posting on this forum
Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival - you get bells from posting on this forum
General AC Discussion - you get bells from posting on this forum

Nintendo Treehouse - you get bells from posting on this forum
Gamers' Lounge - you get bells from posting on this forum

Brewster's Cafe - you get bells from posting on this forum
The Museum - you don?t get bells from posting on this forum; nor do you in the Museum Shop
The Basement - you don?t get bells from posting on this forum; nor do you in the Cellar

- - - Post Merge - - -

The only time you get them from editing is if you shorten your post, so lets say you type out a long post but decide to take out a chunk of it, then you'll lose bells.

That’s why I lost bells, I took half of the post away (the post glitch) and yeah.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I need somebody to check over my specifications in the Museum Shop, Nintendo Treehouse, and Gamers' Lounge.
But other than that, that’s 12/17 forums that we get that gives us money.

Back