• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Who else loved the Mass effect franchise ?

KnoxUK

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
New Horizons Token
Isabelle
I absolutely loved the trilogy, but I'm unsure wether to purchase andromeda. (Played 2 full play throughs)

Also I'd reccomend playing renegade over paragon. Paragon felt too cookie cutter good, it gets boring. Where as I found renagade more manipulative but realistic on subjects. (Although on ME3 renagade was less manipulative and more Shepard being an angry idiot)

For those who might of missed my prevouis post. I'm giving out a QR code for a design I made, its the N7 armour. Enjoy :)

http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?433707-For-those-who-are-Mass-effect-fans&p=7609563#post7609563

It's great. I love the original trilogy. I'm a nerd enough that I've read most of the novels and comics too.

I haven't played Andromeda, but it's only because I still don't own a PS4. I'd like to play it eventually.

I know for a fact Andromeda is a Trainwreck bad fps bad grafs it became a free roam game too

Mass effect 1-3 were fantastic, Andromeda is trash

It's great. I love the original trilogy. I'm a nerd enough that I've read most of the novels and comics too.

I haven't played Andromeda, but it's only because I still don't own a PS4. I'd like to play it eventually.

Are the comics any good?

- - - Post Merge - - -

I know for a fact Andromeda is a Trainwreck bad fps bad grafs it became a free roam game too

I liked the marko sections in ME1, but from the looks of it I'm not a fan of the new story writing in Andromdea (Seems disconnected from how serous the trilogy was) Also the bad guy reminds me of a cartoon villain.

To be fair I played ME3 on both PS3 and 360, the PS3 is a bad port (Only in the campaign, the FPS remains like 20 to sub 20) Its horrid. But in the multiplayer its complelty fine, which is weird because a lot more is happing on screen.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Mass effect 1-3 were fantastic, Andromeda is trash

Would you say its worth picking up, if its discounted. Or is it so bad I shouldn't bother?

I love the trilogy so much! I'm actually playing the first one right now, I bought it on Steam for $2 recently so I just had to play it again.
Andromeda is... I don't know what to say, really. In my opinion, the first two planets are quite different and fun. The rest of the game just feels very repetitive and boring. The gameplay feels very different from the trilogy, which doesn't bother me, but I at least wish it'd be fun then. The characters were okay and I loved how each of them had so many different lines and they'd actually interact with other crew members! Talking to them was probably the best part of the game for me.
Some people said they loved the game. I guess you just have to try it and then decide! I definitely wouldn't call the game absolute garbage, but it's far from a great game. Not worth the price.

I love the trilogy so much! I'm actually playing the first one right now, I bought it on Steam for $2 recently so I just had to play it again.
Andromeda is... I don't know what to say, really. In my opinion, the first two planets are quite different and fun. The rest of the game just feels very repetitive and boring. The gameplay feels very different from the trilogy, which doesn't bother me, but I at least wish it'd be fun then. The characters were okay and I loved how each of them had so many different lines and they'd actually interact with other crew members! Talking to them was probably the best part of the game for me.
Some people said they loved the game. I guess you just have to try it and then decide! I definitely wouldn't call the game absolute garbage, but it's far from a great game. Not worth the price.

Love the user name XD

That's a crazy good deal! I'd happily purchase it a 3rd time if they did a proper trilogy box set (Remastered with all DLC, promotional items and behind the scenes included) That would be amazing! But EA are too busy messing up the franchise instead :/

Also I loved all the DLC throughout the franchise, but my favourite would have to be kasumi's loyalty mission, Shadow broker in ME2 and the Citadel in ME3.

Mind you all of them had amazing music especially the shadow broker boss and project overlord boss fights in ME2 :)

Are the comics any good?

- - - Post Merge - - -

I liked the marko sections in ME1, but from the looks of it I'm not a fan of the new story writing in Andromdea (Seems disconnected from how serous the trilogy was) Also the bad guy reminds me of a cartoon villain.

To be fair I played ME3 on both PS3 and 360, the PS3 is a bad port (Only in the campaign, the FPS remains like 20 to sub 20) Its horrid. But in the multiplayer its complelty fine, which is weird because a lot more is happing on screen.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Would you say its worth picking up, if its discounted. Or is it so bad I shouldn't bother?

Yeah if it’s discounted and you don’t have anything else you would rather be doing it’s an okay way to waste some time. But definitely don’t go into it with high hopes and DEFINITELY don’t pay more than 20 dollars for it

Love the user name XD

That's a crazy good deal! I'd happily purchase it a 3rd time if they did a proper trilogy box set (Remastered with all DLC, promotional items and behind the scenes included) That would be amazing! But EA are too busy messing up the franchise instead :/

Also I loved all the DLC throughout the franchise, but my favourite would have to be kasumi's loyalty mission, Shadow broker in ME2 and the Citadel in ME3.

Mind you all of them had amazing music especially the shadow broker boss and project overlord boss fights in ME2 :)

Thanks! :D

Yeah, it's a really good deal, but the game is kind of old now so I'm honestly not surprised. I really wish they'd remaster it, though.
The DLC was so good! I can't pick out my favourite one, I really loved The Shadow Broker, Kasumi and of course the Citadel DLC... But all of them were really good imo!

And yeah, the only complaint I have about Mass Effect 1 was that there just wasn't much music? The second and third part have an absolutely amaaazing soundtrack, meanwhile in the first part you just drive around in the mako and the only sound you hear is the wind and your tires lol. The main quests do have decent music but side quests seem to make up the biggest portion of the game. At least that's the feeling I got?
Still, I think ME2 has the best soundtrack. The Suicide Mission is unforgettable!!

I'm jealous of you though, because you have it on PC, you can access items that are hidden in ME1. I found out about these while I'll was replaying the series and I recognise the purple armour. The boss in samara's recruitment mission in ME2 uses it. Really weird these items were never used in ME1 though.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/masseffect/images/a/ab/Light-human-Partisan.png/revision/latest?cb=20100209143515

Same :) + I think they're all good DLC especially the music for when you fight the boss in project overload in ME2.

Yeah ME1 didn't have much music, However when you're on The planet to destroy saren's reasearch. The music is good, well also whenever he's on screen the music changes to something cool. To this day I think ME2 has one of the best end levels in a video game, the music as well on the level is very motivational :)

I'm jealous of you though, because you have it on PC, you can access items that are hidden in ME1. I found out about these while I'll was replaying the series and I recognise the purple armour. The boss in samara's recruitment mission in ME2 uses it. Really weird these items were never used in ME1 though.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/masseffect/images/a/ab/Light-human-Partisan.png/revision/latest?cb=20100209143515

Same :) + I think they're all good DLC especially the music for when you fight the boss in project overload in ME2.

Yeah ME1 didn't have much music, However when you're on The planet to destroy saren's reasearch. The music is good, well also whenever he's on screen the music changes to something cool. To this day I think ME2 has one of the best end levels in a video game, the music as well on the level is very motivational :)

I'll have to check those things out because I had no idea! ;;

Mass Effect was one of the games I least googled about except for the lore things. I'll definitely have to search for some hidden things and secrets.
I can't remember what the music was like in the third part since I actually played that one the least for some reason. I'm a bit of a perfectionist so I can't start my ME2 run if my Shepard isn't level 60 in ME1 which does take about two or three runs to complete if I remember correctly.. So it takes forever until I get to the third part lol!

By the way, did you play multiplayer? I played it but only a bit since I just recently got ME3 on my PS3 which stopped working in the end. : (

I'll have to check those things out because I had no idea! ;;

Mass Effect was one of the games I least googled about except for the lore things. I'll definitely have to search for some hidden things and secrets.
I can't remember what the music was like in the third part since I actually played that one the least for some reason. I'm a bit of a perfectionist so I can't start my ME2 run if my Shepard isn't level 60 in ME1 which does take about two or three runs to complete if I remember correctly.. So it takes forever until I get to the third part lol!

By the way, did you play multiplayer? I played it but only a bit since I just recently got ME3 on my PS3 which stopped working in the end. : (

You'll have to input code to obtain them, but they do look really cool!

Well if you do, I could show you a really helpful glitch/exploit on ME1, if you're interested?

In ME3 its piano based and has a more darker vibe. Also same I'm a protectionist as well. The reason why I didn't play the story for ME3 as much was because, mainly you cap your character level out in one play though and the fact that no data gets transferred over, unlike the previous games. On ME2 I messed up twice :'( (Be careful and do everything before obtaining the Reaper IFF in ME2)

About 2.5 Play throughs. Hey you're on PC, you could always cheat :) I think I v'e done like 5 playthroughs on ME1. I played it originally on 360 then, recently got it for ps3 and did all the trophies.

Yes! on my 360 I had alot of unlocked content that I sorely miss on my PS3 account :( (The game or console?) + I'd happily have a match with you :) But please don't pick the platinum difficulty, its a bit brutal :D

If you say your a perfectionist, then I hope you'll find the ' The Shifty Looking Cow ' on ME1 :)

Are the comics any good?

They're OK. I think the art is a bit ugly. The story isn't bad, but I wish it was longer. Basically it's split up into stories that are a few issues long each, most of them being 4 issues long. Since 1 American-size comic book is, well, not that many pages, you can probably understand what I mean by it being too short feeling.

The first 3 novels are pretty decent though. Mass Effect: Revelation, Mass Effect: Ascension, and Mass Effect: Retribution, all by Drew Karpyshyn, fill in some gaps in the story before ME1, between ME1 and ME2, and after ME2. The 4th novel is supposed to be trash. I haven't read the Andromeda ones.

They're OK. I think the art is a bit ugly. The story isn't bad, but I wish it was longer. Basically it's split up into stories that are a few issues long each, most of them being 4 issues long. Since 1 American-size comic book is, well, not that many pages, you can probably understand what I mean by it being too short feeling.

The first 3 novels are pretty decent though. Mass Effect: Revelation, Mass Effect: Ascension, and Mass Effect: Retribution, all by Drew Karpyshyn, fill in some gaps in the story before ME1, between ME1 and ME2, and after ME2. The 4th novel is supposed to be trash. I haven't read the Andromeda ones.

I'll have to look into them, anything related to the trilogy would definitely interest me. Does it cover minor characters from the series, like zaeed, kasumi ect. or is it based on a completely new cast of characters?

Back