• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

AdBlock or not?

AdBlock (or other extensions that do the same thing)?

• Yes, on most websites.

Votes: 62 80.5%
  • Only for intrusive ads/I whitelist a lot of sites.

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • No, I don't currently use it. I actually support websites, you pleb.

Votes: 12 15.6%

• Total voters

AnimalCrossingPerson

Please respect GDPR
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
New Horizons Token
20 Envelopes
Red Candy
Red Candy
Winter Mittens
Lucky
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Timmy Christmas Doll
New Leaf Token
Isabelle
On your main laptop or desktop device thing, do you use AdBlock? I'm ignoring mobile since the process of blocking adverts there seems a little more troublesome and uncommon.

Yes, I have it on my laptop. I first got it because my baby brother watches those kiddy YouTube videos and there were so many ads in them, I wanted to find a way to get rid of those so I found AdBlock and no more ads :)

Yes, I have it on my Browser. Advertisements are annoying and waste of time.

Yep, everywhere. If there's a website that won't let you access it until it's disabled, I leave.

Yup. No one can make me feel bad for using it because I've used some popular sites that have had malicious or annoying ads with the sound that never turns off. If a site asks me to whitelist them, then I refuse to use the site. I think we're exposed to way too many advertisements a day anyway. Especially since 99% of them don't encourage me to buy their product or service.

Yes, I certainly do. I can manage them when they're just banner or on page sides but I like the minimalist look so I never disable it. If Youtube start an Adblocker blocker I will stop atching Youtube videos. I will not go through it. 4od made it so you couldn't block their advertisements and I haven't used it for at least two years in response. Though I use uBlock Origin now so I could maybe remove them but I am not willing to try it. Unlike most people these days it seems, I still watch the telly instead of streaming services and am fine with adverts there since it's what we grew up with. On the internet they can piss right off.

I don't know why this is a question. Everybody should be using some sort of adblock software, IMO. I've been burned by ads with malware in them in the past.

There's a couple of sites that I even stopped using because they have too much "please white list me" whining on it.

always adblock. except when the website won't let me, or for certain sites/youtube channels I want to support

lmao i hate those websites that completely block you from entering when you have adblock. glad to see others feel the same way about this crappy tactic. hope those websites lose visitors from doing this sort of thing.

I use uBlock Origin instead! It's just a different add-on that does the same thing.

yep. absolutely. and for those website who won't let you view material for using Adblock, I just easily go to another website with the same/similar information, no problem at all.

Yes, absolutely. Since becoming an indie game dev I wondered if I'd change my mind, as now I'm the one buying ads, but honestly there's just *so much garbage* out there. In the arms race of Ads vs. Ad Blockers, I will forever be on the side of the Blockers, even if it hurts creators like me

i turn it off for twitch and websites i support but generally it's always on

I only have it on for sites with a whole lot of annoying popups, but otherwise it's off 99% of the time because I actually support independent and smaller creators/websites

it's off 99% of the time because I actually support independent and smaller creators/websites

it's entirely possible to do this without having to deal with online ads at this point in time

not that any support is bad, just the wording is rather condescending

I whitelist a few sites, but for the most part on my home computer I used adblock, it's like night and day especially while playing games and watching videos.

Back