• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

AdBlock or not?

AdBlock (or other extensions that do the same thing)?

• Yes, on most websites.

Votes: 62 80.5%
  • Only for intrusive ads/I whitelist a lot of sites.

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • No, I don't currently use it. I actually support websites, you pleb.

Votes: 12 15.6%

• Total voters
On most sites, yes. I have it unblocked for maybe one or two sites only.

Last edited:
Yeah, I mean I have FR, TBT and a few others unblocked but mostly I need to use it or I will get weird ads/malware crap -.-

I've never used AdBlock, actually. I never felt the need to install it. I'm not against it or anything though.

Yep. I hate adverts. I mostly watch YouTube on my phone, so I am supporting my favourite channels' that way.

i haven't actually gotten around to using it in ages, i'm not really bothered by ads but i probably should start

i always use an ad blocker, ads suck and there are way too many of them on every site. i would be okay with one small picture ad but when my ad blocker blocks like 50 things on one page i really don't think i will ever stop using it. i have disabled it for a few small websites that don't have obnoxious ads but i keep it turned on on almost every site i frequent.

i used to remove it from youtube sometimes but when there's a ten second long ad before every single video and another every ten minutes i never remove it. watching from mobile devices sucks because there are so many ads

Yeah I have it off on youtube... if they could stop including them every 5 minutes in a less than 20 minute video, then yeah maybe I could turn them off if they could like restrict the ads to be like around the videos since you search and go around the site anyways. Not that I watch any youtubers or stuff much that includes ads since I mainly use the site for random obscure music and movies and I don't think these people do it for ads anyway lol

I don't know if I do have AdBlocker but I know I have a Facebook add-on called "turn off political posts". Started to get really annoying after a while.

I don't know if I do have AdBlocker but I know I have a Facebook add-on called "turn off political posts". Started to get really annoying after a while.

It's more or less a plugin for browsers, so you should see/know if you have it installed :p

I use ublock origin on pretty much every site. Ads are so annoying and I don't need malware on my laptop eugh

I live for adblock. I could never browse the internet without it.

i keep it on all the time unless i'm on a website that detects it and doesnt let me do what i want in peace until i disable it (i'm looking at you forbes)

well i guess i can't blame some websites for forcing people to disable adblock for them because they probably make a lot of their revenue just from ad space :/

It's a must have on my laptop, but my Kindle has no real adblock so I get like 2 apps a day on YouTube since it normally can't load them but somehow one american ad makes it through (and I'm not american...).

Ads on my phone are just the worst, many sites just become straight up unusable because apparently the ad is more important. Really sad, I'd use the Adblock Browser app if I didn't have to rely on the chrome app to help me across platforms.

I might be much more tolerant to ads outside of Internet, since they are mostly unobtrusive by nature and I can easily ignore them. Ads on TV? At least, they give me timely opportunities to watch away from the TV. Ads on poster and magazines/newspapers? I can skip them without a single care in the world. Someone aggressively advertising their products on me? There's no harm on ignoring them ASAP.

Ads on the Internet, however, are a pain in the rear. More often than not, they bring unintended issues to whatever device I'm using, and there's no guarantee that these instances won't happen. Malwares, sudden high data consumption, sluggish interface, obnoxious unskippable interruptions on videos, being out of place on whichever website I'm in. Those issues were enough for me to shake my fist at capitalism and opt for AdBlockPlus add-on for my Google Chrome.

I whitelist small sites that I know that are safe and have secure ads. Other than that, I adblock everything.

I get the purpose of ads and I understand that creators need to run ads to make money but ads are intrusive and annoying. If it's a small trusted website I'll enable, but sketchy sites and then big corporations that don't need ad revenue to strive are on the block list.

I will however pay premium to go ad free on things like youtube or hulu

Back