• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Surveys for money? A scam?

~Unicorn~

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Jack
Leaf Ticket Easter Egg
Coco
Black Feather
Peach (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
Isabelle
New Leaf Token
Pinky
I've seen a lot of websites and apps that have surveys and stuff that you do and earn money from, or earn points that you exchange for gift cards. I'm not exactly sure if those things are even real? They're quite popular and some people claim that they have gotten cash out of them, but to me they kinda seem fake.

Are they real? Has anyone actually done these and gotten rewards and stuff from them?

I have a friend who did swagbucks, which is where you fill out survey or download apps and you get points for it. Those points usually earn you gift cards to amazon, iTunes, etc. so not actual cash. I think some of them are legit but you have to be real careful which one you pick.

I used to use Prizerebel and it worked perfectly fine. Got $20 amazon gift card.
buutttt I think it's sorta a waste of time because half of the surveys don't even accept you. On average you get about 100 points per survey and in order to get a $20 gift card you need 2000. It took me 3 weeks to get it lmao

Yeah those sites where you have to watch videos and take surveys that you're probably unqualified for are just a huge waste of time. They give you like 2? 3? cents maybe per 5 minute video lol.

But I actually frequently use this one browser extension where basically when you're shopping online they search for coupon codes for that website and try to apply them for you. Sometimes there's none but other times they'll give you money back. A couple of days ago I bought something from nastygal and they gave me $5 back in amazon gift card form so that's cool. I think it's way more worth it than spending all your time doing surveys and giving out your personal information to those rando surveys.

I used to use Prizerebel and it worked perfectly fine. Got $20 amazon gift card.
buutttt I think it's sorta a waste of time because half of the surveys don't even accept you. On average you get about 100 points per survey and in order to get a $20 gift card you need 2000. It took me 3 weeks to get it lmao

I'm worried about those gift cards being illegally purchased

doubt they are tbh
I mean it's a legit website not like one of those sketchy virus websites.

I used to use Swagbucks and I did earn a few Amazon gift cards. It was a huge waste of time now that I think about it.

It's a mixed batch. Generally you'll end up with your data sold and/or them not paying out. Regardless, you will always end up spending a lot of time just to earn a small amount of money in whatever form, be it gift cards or Bitcoin, when you could have been doing something more profitable in that time.

It's a mixed batch. Generally you'll end up with your data sold and/or them not paying out. Regardless, you will always end up spending a lot of time just to earn a small amount of money in whatever form, be it gift cards or Bitcoin, when you could have been doing something more profitable in that time.

I guess that's true. I was using AppNana and realized that it would take forever just to get a $10 iTunes card, so I decided to not waste my time on that stuff and just slowly collect daily nanas instead

I tried Swagbucks and it was the most pointless thing I think I've ever done in my life so far.

majority of these are scams and the ones that aren't make it RIDICULOUSLY difficult to get something nice out of it.

some ppl in my family use you gov which pays out p well aparently? idk they give you ?50 amazon idk much about it

i used to play an online game which gave you some of the premium points if you did surveys/watched videos/ etc. i would always use http://www.fakenamegenerator.com and then edit the info i gave them so it would be what they are looking for (eg if survey is about teenagers experience with games, i would set my age as like, 17 or smth, and say i owed EVERY games console ever made lOL)

i remember taking a bunch of these in a frantic attempt to get free robux once

eh. If you do a survey for money, it's on you if it screws you.

ohh, that rings a bell! i planned to play it closer to when it was released i think but i never got round to it :c

yeah honestly i played it religiously back aged 11-13 but now its just bland and boring kjhkjh

I don't think I ever took surveys specifically because 99% scam stuff, I did however watch stupid videos for RLC on some MMO and sites.

But yeah be careful and if it's too good to be true like, earn $100 just by filling out something then yeah it's probably gonna screw you big time.

Back