Island
Comatose
New Horizons Token
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Winter Mittens
Tasty Cake
User Title Color Change
User Title Color Change
I feel like it'd be really cool if Animal Crossing took more of a Tomodachi Life style in one of their newer games where the villagers could be unacquainted, enemies, acquaintances, friends, best friends or more than friends ;). I know it technically happens in game with villagers chatting to each other and villagers mentioning other villagers relationships with each other, but it never really affects gameplay whatsoever.

It might seem like it'd be inappropriate for some ages, but Tomodachi Life got away with being pegi 3, soooo...

I always get the feeling that smug and snooty types are very flirty and they always make me feel as if the game was almost going for this sort of style. One of my snooty villagers even said "Don't _____ and _____ make a cute couple? Oh, don't get me wrong, they're not a couple... yet."

Also I want to be Julian's girlfriend ok thanks bye

I feel like it'd be really cool if Animal Crossing took more of a Tomodachi Life style in one of their newer games where the villagers could be unacquainted, enemies, acquaintances, friends, best friends or more than friends ;). I know it technically happens in game with villagers chatting to each other and villagers mentioning other villagers relationships with each other, but it never really affects gameplay whatsoever.

It might seem like it'd be inappropriate for some ages, but Tomodachi Life got away with being pegi 3, soooo...

I always get the feeling that smug and snooty types are very flirty and they always make me feel as if the game was almost going for this sort of style. One of my snooty villagers even said "Don't _____ and _____ make a cute couple? Oh, don't get me wrong, they're not a couple... yet."

An older couple is driving across the country when they get pulled over by a cop - the husband is driving.
"Sir do you have any idea how fast you were going?" Says the police officer.
"What'd he say?!" the man's wife screams at him.
"We got pulled over for speeding!" Man yells back at his wife. She nods in understanding.
"May I see your license please?" The police officer asks the driver.
"What'd he say?!" the wife again screams at the driver.
"He wants to see my license!!" the man explains back to his wife. She again, nods in understanding.
The man hands the officer his license and a smile spreads across the officers face.
"Tallahassee, Florida? I had the worst **** of my life there!!" the officer chuckles.
"What'd he say?!?!" the woman yells again.
The man looks at the officer and then looks at his wife and shouts back "He says he thinks he knows you!"

Last edited:
You know, I never thought about it, but that'd be an AMAZING idea! I love Tomodachi Life (Can't wait for the next installment!), and I think adding it's relationship system into Animal Crossing would be wonderful! It'd definitely make towns a lot more interesting with all the different personalities running around and doing relationship stuff.

You know, I never thought about it, but that'd be an AMAZING idea! I love Tomodachi Life (Can't wait for the next installment!), and I think adding it's relationship system into Animal Crossing would be wonderful! It'd definitely make towns a lot more interesting with all the different personalities running around and doing relationship stuff.

I would love to watch them do relationship stuff ;)

It would be fun if they flesh relationships out in future games! I love when my villagers reference each other - I fill in the gaps in my mind :)

No, it will be too weird and we don't need more games like that. Just let everyone be friends.

Leave it for the special NPCs only, I don't need Marshal prancing around my town talking about who he's dating.

Last edited:
That sounds so cool! I would agree that there's loads of references to people being perfect matches and stuff from villagers, but nothing comes from it. Having the villagers getting into relationships would be so cute! Playing cupid would be equally enjoyable. :p

Rudy and Fang have been the celebrity couple in my town for years

Yeah I think'd it'd be a good idea and add a lot more depth and variety to the game. ^^ I actually have a bunch of head canons for my town, which keeps me invested in the game as well as more motivated to play haha.

I liked Tomodachi Life, but it was missing aspects of animal crossing as there wasn't much freedom. I think the next animal crossing game would be amazing if it had relationship statuses and more

I don't like the idea of actual relationships, I think it should be left to the NPCs at that point. I like the idea of villagers having best friends though, like you always see them together.

If they do flesh out friendships in the next installment, I'd like to see them together, maybe even use that table in The Roost that hardly ever gets used. Or like see them sit on the tree plaza, go about main street or see them in the museum.

Then if one of them moves out they should get somewhat sad and reminisce about the times they were together.

I think implying romantic relationships might be a bit much, but I'm absolutely for emphasizing and fleshing out friendships between the villagers.

I like how the smug type villagers seem like they're romantically interested in some of the other villagers. It's so cute. I'd also love it a ton if this system were implemented! I'd love to be able to have relationships with some of my favorite dreamies~ <3 ^^

I don't think that would ever hit off too well, plus the coding effort would be great. Having the present villager interactions is already a lot of work for Nintendo.

Back