What are your hybrid growing preferences?

ashubii

Dream Weaver
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
White Pansy
I know there are countless hybrid growing guides out there, but that's not really what I'm looking for. I've read and followed plenty and will continue to do so, but I'm more interested in seeing which tips, methods, ideas, etc seem to be the most favored.

- Which layout pattern do you prefer? What have you seen the absolute best results with, or have they all be equally successful?
I tend to favor a sort of checkerboard pattern, but I'm interested in something different if another pattern seems better for more people.

- Do you use the Fence PwP?
For as long as I've played this game I only just heard for the first time that the fence PwP can increase hybrid chances. I'm not sure how true that is?

- Do you keep large hybrid gardens or small ones?
I'm sure the more hybrids the better when it comes to spawning more, but maybe it's better to have smaller gardens if you want specific flowers?

I prefer doing the diagonal layout something like this:

HxH
xHx
HxH

The hybrid would spawn in the H spots.

Which is the most successful layout for me personally. I tend to get about 2-3 hybrids for 1 diamond shape of flowers. I personally never used the fence so I can't answer you there. And I tend to keep smaller gardens as well which I found was more consistent in getting hybrids for me but that's just my personal experience. o:

Last edited:

HxH
xHx
HxH

Which is the most successful layout for me personally. I tend to get about 2-3 hybrids for 1 diamond shape of flowers. I personally never used the fence so I can't answer you there. And I tend to keep smaller gardens as well which I found was more consistent in getting hybrids for me but that's just my personal experience. o:

I've never used that layout before. I may have to try it, my layout seems to be producing really slowly. I'd say I'm getting one hybrid ever 2 or 3 days.

Last edited:
I tend to use:

RxRxRxR
xWFWx
RxRxRxR

The Rs stand for red tulips, the W's white tulips. X's are empty spaces and the F is for fertiliser.

I use the diagonal set up and usually have large gardens. In fact I use my beaches and they are literally overrun with flowers. I only pluck the naughty flowers I don't want and sell them. I have never used my fence for them because it's simply not enough space!

With the beautiful ordinance watering specific pairs of flowers while leaving everything else unwatered appears to have a 100% spawn rate no matter what. So I wouldn?t worry too much about it. It seems like if the game decides to spawn a flower from a pair, and there?s room, it?ll spawn no matter how the flowers are positioned.

The only tip I can give that might increase your chance is spread your flower pairs around your town. I rarely ever get multiple flower spawns (from pairs) next to each other even with beautiful ordinance + no other flowers watered besides those pairs

Last edited:
Diagonally, but i also havent tried growing them after i found out the first 200 or so blue roses i bought were hacked lol.

I tend to use:

RxRxRxR
xWFWx
RxRxRxR

The Rs stand for red tulips, the W's white tulips. X's are empty spaces and the F is for fertiliser.

I'm going to give this a try, I don't think I've ever quite set mine up like that! I don't have fertilizer yet, sadly, but hopefully soon I can upgrade to the Emporium

- - - Post Merge - - -

HxH
xHx
HxH

I think I'm going to try doing smaller little plots like this, too!

I use diagonal patterns and big gardens. I place a lot of red in the middle and surround them with white and yellow. The more reds you have, the more likely you are to spawn hybrids.

I'm kind of a noob when it comes t breeding hybrids but I usually just lay mine out in long strips like this:

Fx
xF
Fx
xF
Fx
xF

The F stands for flower and the x is just open space

It seems to work pretty well but I'm positive there are better ways to lay out your flowers to ensure a higher hybrid spawning chance.

Just planting two diagonally, each set kinda spaced out. They are around a pond near my house so it's the first thing I do when I log on. I only water 3 sets a day (purple tulips, purple pansies, and purple roses) and I yield a purple hybrid the next day almost like 99% of the time. I've never had them not spawn purple hybrids, it's kinda crazy how long my streak has lasted.. I thought I'd at least get none or a random regular flower but nope... I even use a regular watering can and no fertiliser. The only time this didn't work was when I watered them when it was raining.

I use diagonal patterns and big gardens. I place a lot of red in the middle and surround them with white and yellow. The more reds you have, the more likely you are to spawn hybrids.

Really! I've never heard that before, about the reds, but I suppose it makes sense

Back