• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Need help figuring out my town path.

TangledBowties

Bells
Tasty Cake
So I have two ideas right now in mind. I'm open to other suggestions as well. I'm just not sure which one I like.

BAFCD214-E99E-4DA1-8A8B-83B88DEE0D0C-382-000000913AC84EED.jpeg

D9DA2C21-7BB8-433D-8FC1-5788FDEA1835-382-00000091459308AC.jpg

Which one do you like more?

Last edited:
I love the clovers; but I'm biased, that's similar to what I'm doing in my town. I love how they add depth to paths. But you could start with the first one and then gradually fill in with clovers as you obtain them. If you already have enough, then I'd definitely go right for the second one! Also, you could do the first one in more "developed" parts of town (near houses, town hall, etc), and the second one in more "isolated" / nature-y parts of town.

I love the clovers; but I'm biased, that's similar to what I'm doing in my town. I love how they add depth to paths. But you could start with the first one and then gradually fill in with clovers as you obtain them. If you already have enough, then I'd definitely go right for the second one! Also, you could do the first one in more "developed" parts of town (near houses, town hall, etc), and the second one in more "isolated" / nature-y parts of town.

Yeah, that's kind of what I was thinking of doing. I wanted to incorporate them into the path but every other space seemed a bit much for the clovers. Although, I wasn't having issues placing them without them looking odd.

Personally, I'm in favor of using both. I think having certain sections with the two stones, and certain areas with the stones and clovers would add some nice diversity to the paths throughout the town. I tend to do little alternating paths with stones (or stones with clovers if I have them) as little trails leading to houses or something, and then using more solid paths for my main areas.

Personally, I'm in favor of using both. I think having certain sections with the two stones, and certain areas with the stones and clovers would add some nice diversity to the paths throughout the town. I tend to do little alternating paths with stones (or stones with clovers if I have them) as little trails leading to houses or something, and then using more solid paths for my main areas.

Yeah I like that idea. I just need to do a lot of landscaping to figure out where I'm going with it.

I'm also biased toward the clovers - very similar to my town! But I do like the stone pattern, I think a combination of both would look great. It's just about deciding what fits where (but that's part of the fun!)

I find that if you do path clover path clover in every single section, it looks very uniform and too structured. I mean if you like that then by all means go for it though! I like the overgrown feeling more which is what these clover paths should feel like imo.

I find that if you do path clover path clover in every single section, it looks very uniform and too structured. I mean if you like that then by all means go for it though! I like the overgrown feeling more which is what these clover paths should feel like imo.

Yeah, that's why I'm iffy about the clovers. I really want to use them I'm just trying to figure out a good way to incorporate them but not have them so uniform.

Yeah, that's why I'm iffy about the clovers. I really want to use them I'm just trying to figure out a good way to incorporate them but not have them so uniform.

What I ended up doing for my town was mix it up like two paths clover or three paths clover so that way it felt a bit more random but you still get to incorporate clovers into your paths. c:

I do agree - in some places I have them uniform, in others it's overgrown. It depends on the vibe I'm going for. Experiment! Something will click, OP :)

I like the 2nd one but I like the idea of using both types of paths. Although I prefer it when the cobblestones are darker so it blends in with the ground more, especially since you'll be able to see dirt paths under it over time.

I started messing around with it and I think I found something I like. I still need to play around with smaller paths leading to houses and stuff like that.

IMG_0017.JPG

I prefer the first path. I like clovers but I find town that have them in all their paths are bit much, as the can also blend to the grass.

I like the path and clover pattern more. Where did you find those paths anyway? They look really nice.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I started messing around with it and I think I found something I like. I still need to play around with smaller paths leading to houses and stuff like that.

View attachment 208192
Ooh, that's nice, you should do that instead.

lol I have one of those paths in my town
I personally like the clover one, but it depends what kind of theme you have

I like the path and clover pattern more. Where did you find those paths anyway? They look really nice.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Ooh, that's nice, you should do that instead.

You can find the three stone qr codes here
http://pin.it/vHW_YKM
http://pin.it/Do1r0tE

I can't seem to find the other one, which is weird because I though I saved it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

lol I have one of those paths in my town
I personally like the clover one, but it depends what kind of theme you have

I haven't quite set on a theme, but I definatley want something more rustic, I guess?

Back