• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

How much would a commision like this be worth?

Lancelot

Epic
Apple 🍎
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
5782-2975-9876
Toy Hammer
Pink Toy Hammer
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Carnival Pinwheel
Toy Hammer
Rainbow Feather
The Bell Tree Fair 2017 Patch
Rainbow Feather
Feedback
100% (64) +
206ew4w.jpg

2cxgbpx.jpg

2psf3o3.jpg

1g9bm.jpg

2crq5hy.jpg

2lx9xj5.png

How much would something like this be worth? :confused:

Last edited:
A lot of tbt that I do not have. Your art is beautiful ^^

That's really beautiful. Your style is so unique.

You should do commissions for real money.

I agree with the others, you should def go for real money! Nidoqueen looks great, love the pose and colors! If you're looking for price estimates, deviantart or toyhouse can provide better examples on how people charge. I'm not very good with rlc prices bc every artist has a different idea on that but like I said, looking at people's shops on here or other sites can give you a better range. From this forum, I've seen people charge from $5 to more than $30, but again, it's all under different circumstances due to styles and experience.

I've also seen plenty of recent shops go with 'pay what you want' where people post offers of their character & amount they'd spend but that's usually with TBT. Maybe that might work for you?

It also honestly depends on what you would be willing to draw and things you're not comfortable drawing. People want to know if you'd be willing to draw mayors, OCs, animals/feral, etc. so when opening up commissions, it's important to reveal all that and have a few examples. One art piece can be a little tough to give a rate.

Real life cash commissions on here can work but just keep in mind many forum users do not have Paypal. I honestly do think you'll get people interested either way! :)

I agree with the others, you should def go for real money! Nidoqueen looks great, love the pose and colors! If you're looking for price estimates, deviantart or toyhouse can provide better examples on how people charge. I'm not very good with rlc prices bc every artist has a different idea on that but like I said, looking at people's shops on here or other sites can give you a better range. From this forum, I've seen people charge from $5 to more than $30, but again, it's all under different circumstances due to styles and experience.

I've also seen plenty of recent shops go with 'pay what you want' where people post offers of their character & amount they'd spend but that's usually with TBT. Maybe that might work for you?

It also honestly depends on what you would be willing to draw and things you're not comfortable drawing. People want to know if you'd be willing to draw mayors, OCs, animals/feral, etc. so when opening up commissions, it's important to reveal all that and have a few examples. One art piece can be a little tough to give a rate.

Real life cash commissions on here can work but just keep in mind many forum users do not have Paypal. I honestly do think you'll get people interested either way! :)

Thanks for your feedback chicha :D

I added more pics in a spoiler tag. I can also do realistic stuff but cba to upload it atm xD

I agree with everyone above, RLC would be best, and anywhere from $10-50 for each, depending on size and detail.
I always like to tell fellow artists, make sure you're at least making how much time you put into it, so say if you think your art is "minimum wage" then do that times the hours you put into each piece. Also depending on the supplies you can factor that in as well so that you're at least making what you spent on materials as well as minimum wage for each piece. (Of course you can charge over minimum wage, but that's just a starting point.)
If you were doing TBT I would say at the very least like 400+ for a piece.
I love your art style!

Definitely more TBT than I can pay. Your art is so beautiful and detailed! Like other people said, I think you should charge real money for such quality.

Way more then tbt offers.
You should look for real money on DA or something like that :]

Way more then tbt offers.
You should look for real money on DA or something like that :]

I agree with everyone above, RLC would be best, and anywhere from $10-50 for each, depending on size and detail.
I always like to tell fellow artists, make sure you're at least making how much time you put into it, so say if you think your art is "minimum wage" then do that times the hours you put into each piece. Also depending on the supplies you can factor that in as well so that you're at least making what you spent on materials as well as minimum wage for each piece. (Of course you can charge over minimum wage, but that's just a starting point.)
If you were doing TBT I would say at the very least like 400+ for a piece.
I love your art style!

Definitely more TBT than I can pay. Your art is so beautiful and detailed! Like other people said, I think you should charge real money for such quality.

Wow ty everyone :] I was thinking on doing an auction for a pokemon/villager/character of someones choice :p

Probably 1500 tbt. I'd say if you do real cash commissions you should look into framing/laminating pieces and sending them to people. Since it's traditional, this is what people normally do ^^

If you were to frame and send I'd say 30-50$, and then extra for shipping.

Not to bash on this forum at all, but I don't think this is the greatest place to advertise real cash commissions, just since I think most of the users are minors without their own cash... I think tumblr might be better, not sure what deviantart is like these days (I'd assume not great as it never has been :p)

Your art would also likely do very well in artist alleys in conventions.

You have a great talent and I think you could make some good $$ with it :p

Definitely definitely look into hosting a booth at conventions if you can get enough pieces done!

Probably 1500 tbt. I'd say if you do real cash commissions you should look into framing/laminating pieces and sending them to people. Since it's traditional, this is what people normally do ^^

If you were to frame and send I'd say 30-50$, and then extra for shipping.

Not to bash on this forum at all, but I don't think this is the greatest place to advertise real cash commissions, just since I think most of the users are minors without their own cash... I think tumblr might be better, not sure what deviantart is like these days (I'd assume not great as it never has been :p)

Your art would also likely do very well in artist alleys in conventions.

You have a great talent and I think you could make some good $$ with it :p

Definitely definitely look into hosting a booth at conventions if you can get enough pieces done!

Theres a comic con in my city this weekend and I applied for a table like a month or two ago but I got no reply hehe. Gotta keep trying though lol

Back