• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Who else loves Jojo's Bizarre adventure ?

KnoxUK

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
New Horizons Token
Isabelle
I'm currently on part 3 stardust crusaders. It's taking them forever to dub it though :/

I have played 2 of the games:
Jojo's bizarre adventure: Eyes of heaven (ps4)
Jojo's bizarre adventure : All star battle (Ps3)

tbf the first 3 eps were just meant as a teaser and I suspect method of gauging interest than a hard commitment to dubbing at the time

plus I guess there was the whole parts 1&2 dub sidetracking things and all

tbf the first 3 eps were just meant as a teaser and I suspect method of gauging interest than a hard commitment to dubbing at the time

plus I guess there was the whole parts 1&2 dub sidetracking things and all

Well its a cruel but effective method, i lost patience and picked up the first manga volume of part 3 a while back. :)

I watched the first six or so episodes. My partner loves that show and I really enjoy hearing him talk about it because it seems like such a nice show. He has a very hot JoJo-inspired jacket too, which helps.

all i really know is that the characters look like every single tough guy w a gang (they even have the leader guy with big hair that is like a unicorn horn (like ryu from shaman king lmao)) in old seinen manga but, like, they've got eyelashes and are sometimes sparkly. idek what the story is about ... i think theyre fighting but idk

I'd say the very first episode was terrible of phantom blood. It sets a really bad first impression (Well for me anyway) + They all look super muscular, but believe me its so whacky and flamboyant at times it's great! (The dubbed voices make it sound more weird and wonderful) I'm not a fan of it being subbed though.

+ Every new season starts a new Jojo, who's completely different from the prevouis one. Persona wise

Last edited:
I have no idea what the show is. I feel like it's the "rawr xd" humor?

I actually really enjoy it, especially the two parts covered in the 2012 anime. SC became really formulaic, which made me sad.

I was probably mainly drawn into the series for the interesting settings that you don't usually find in anime, and just the wild, unpredictable story of the original two parts. Also, the classic rock referencing names. In the first two series they are all over the place, and it is hilarious. The series however is probably amongst the series I'm most shocked I actually like. It's overtly violent and very disturbing in places (the main villain in part 4 is... well, I don't know how to say it). I also very much hate the way that the author treats dogs, and I sincerely wish that would stop. (I'm not talking about Iggy, who is an actual character, and not some random dog killed off for shock factor)

Last edited:
I actually really enjoy it, especially the two parts covered in the 2012 anime. SC became really formulaic, which made me sad.

I was probably mainly drawn into the series for the interesting settings that you don't usually find in anime, and just the wild, unpredictable story of the original two parts. Also, the classic rock referencing names. In the first two series they are all over the place, and it is hilarious. The series however is probably amongst the series I'm most shocked I actually like. It's overtly violent and very disturbing in places (the main villain in part 4 is... well, I don't know how to say it). I also very much hate the way that the author treats dogs, and I sincerely wish that would stop. (I'm not talking about Iggy, who is an actual character, and not some random dog killed off for shock factor)

I seen Iggy from the games, and I'm guessing part 4 is like stardust crusaders season 2? I've only seen the opening intro to it.

I'm reading Steel Ball Run right now, but yeah, love the series.

I'm reading Steel Ball Run right now, but yeah, love the series.

From what I played from the games, isn't it an alternate version of phantom blood. Like it takes place at the same time, but its a different universe?

I don't watch it but I have a friend who is absolutely obsessed with it, cosplays it, quotes it, memes it, it's like 50% of her facebook posts and it's a bit annoying. But it doesn't seem like something I would enjoy watching.

I don't watch it but I have a friend who is absolutely obsessed with it, cosplays it, quotes it, memes it, it's like 50% of her facebook posts and it's a bit annoying. But it doesn't seem like something I would enjoy watching.

Don't let anoying memes discourage you from watching it. You never know you might love it. Before I watched it I was very stubborn and judgemental about it, now I adore it :)

(Just keep note that the very first episode is abloutely terrible and I'd reccomend you watch a few before deciding for yourself if you'd like it or not)

I'm caught up with the anime and manga. I love it :)

At the moment for me, I'm on episode 5 (I think) of stardust crusaders. Waiting for the rest to get dubbed. I also have the first volume of part 3 (Hard back copy) I'm too poor to invest in more Jojo's hardback copies :( But eventually I'll collect all of the manga. High hopes :)

Back