• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

How much would this chibi worth?

I'll agree with other posters to get more practice in; there's tons of tutorials on deviantART. Looking at real life references can also help. It'll help give you a better idea how anatomy works (like for example, your hand). Don't be afraid to challenge yourself, for this is how you'll really allow yourself to improve. I notice people tend to get comfortable doing one type of style or pose and don't go beyond that stage so it's very easy to fall into it. Look at different poses or objects.

I will say that it's okay to make art solely for the gain of bells, but you may set yourself up for disappointment. While price is important, I personally think it's best that you draw because you have that interest in drawing. If you're not passionate about something, then it'll definitely feel like a chore or bother sooner than later.

I think you have potential for pixels! Try looking at bases to get an idea how proportions work. (Obviously, if you use bases, be sure to credit the artist and say so when opening a shop.) For art programs, I recommend using GIMP, Artweaver, or Paint Tool SAI if you're looking to keep going.

Don't feel discouraged! We all have to start out from somewhere so practice makes perfect! Good luck! :)

Again, thanks for the advice. I know there's always room for improvement as patience definitely isn't a bad thing, but I'm gonna stick with in-gane items for sale.

Even though my work of art isn't worth paying for due to the stick figure position and lack of shading, I can say that at least I didn't stral someone else's art. I remember that over two years ago, someone was trying to sell art mostly by using a pixel generator or copy someone else's work, then was scolded for attempting to before selling one. But when I tried making this, I made it on my own without looking at anything other than in-game screenshots. So I passed the originality test. The drawing test needs improvement.

Back