Yellow Tulip
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Orange Candy
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
Feedback
100% (144) +
Since I want to rebound to 10k TBT so quickly without any worthy collectibles to sell, I decided to sell art. Just recently, I made this on MS Paint.

GsVnL7j.png

It's Andrea, my mayor of MoonGlow, and my interior designer of Happy Home Designer. I know the image is small, but it can fit in your signature without breaking the rules. I wonder if this is going to worth anything if I make other chibis using this style, and if so, how much would it worth?

EDIT: Just letting you know, I am not charging 10k TBT per commission. I was saying 10k TBT because that's how much I want to own. I'm not even charging 1k TBT per commission.

Last edited:
I would personally probably pay about 50-75 tbt on it depending on how detailed it is. If I was paying for the one you just made it'd be about 50 tbt.

I would personally probably pay about 50-75 tbt on it depending on how detailed it is. If I was paying for the one you just made it'd be about 50 tbt.

And why less than 100 TBT? Is it because my art is not that good, or is it because of how low the TBT in circulation is?

What could I do to improve the quality of the art?

Last edited:
And why less than 100 TBT? Is it because my art is not that good, or is it because of how low the TBT in circulation is?

tbh i wouldnt buy this >.<
the whole figure seems very stiff, and the pose seems unnatural. the arms are straight outwards, as if it was a character t-posing through a wall or smth. theres not much attention payed to anatomy, and although you could argue its a style choice, it still looks...off. in addition, theres not much shading or detailing.

to improve it, i would recomend trying to draw figures without the long coat covering the anatomy, and work on shading and detailing it before selling. its okay if the anatomy is off a little, but try and work on it a little more. in addition, use references to find a pose that looks natural but not stiff

good luck!

tbh i wouldnt buy this >.<
the whole figure seems very stiff, and the pose seems unnatural. the arms are straight outwards, as if it was a character t-posing through a wall or smth. theres not much attention payed to anatomy, and although you could argue its a style choice, it still looks...off. in addition, theres not much shading or detailing.

to improve it, i would recomend trying to draw figures without the long coat covering the anatomy, and work on shading and detailing it before selling. its okay if the anatomy is off a little, but try and work on it a little more. in addition, use references to find a pose that looks natural but not stiff

good luck!

That coat is actually a dress, hence why it's covering the body like that.

So basically speaking, if I can't improve on my art, I'm better off waiting another year (or at least a few months) to gather more collectibles to sell than to actually make art and sell it.

I agree with himeki about the situation. The character is very simple and the anatomical structure is stiff. People generally pay more for art that has a lot of emotion and character and movement in it.

Though that's not to say your art is worth nothing. It's just not worth as much as you might expect.

You see, i've never been good at drawing characters, so what are some other projects I can do that I can sell for at least 100 TBT per project? I do feel discouraged from doing anything that isn't going to pay much.

That coat is actually a dress, hence why it's covering the body like that.

So basically speaking, if I can't improve on my art, I'm better off waiting another year (or at least a few months) to gather more collectibles to sell than to actually make art and sell it.

yes but the same principle applies - you're relying on the dress to cover the body, but you dont actually know how the legs work so it looks like theyre just glued on to the bottom of a skirt. the anatomy is simmilar to hoe wyou would draw a stick figure with a skirt.

you'll be able to imrpove your art, i promise! if you look back on how i was a while ago you'd see how bad my anatomy was then haha

- - - Post Merge - - -

You see, i've never been good at drawing characters, so what are some other projects I can do that I can sell for at least 100 TBT per project? I do feel discouraged from doing anything that isn't going to pay much.

if you've just started, it wont pay much. thats just how it is. you have to work at it if you want to sell, and even then you shouldnt just try to draw so you can earn more money for it.

The only ways I've ever been able to make tbt are:
1. Selling in game stuff
2. Art
3. Selling collectibles
4. Posting

Your next best bet would be just to sell in-game items. Maybe have a shop. Take some time to make it unique and appealing to people. That'd prob be the best way for you to make tbt without selling collectibles.

yes but the same principle applies - you're relying on the dress to cover the body, but you dont actually know how the legs work so it looks like theyre just glued on to the bottom of a skirt. the anatomy is simmilar to hoe wyou would draw a stick figure with a skirt.

you'll be able to imrpove your art, i promise! if you look back on how i was a while ago you'd see how bad my anatomy was then haha

- - - Post Merge - - -

if you've just started, it wont pay much. thats just how it is. you have to work at it if you want to sell, and even then you shouldnt just try to draw so you can earn more money for it.

I'm going to give re-doing the picture to try. It could take up to three to four more uploads.

I'm going to give re-doing the picture to try. It could take up to three to four more uploads.

You could always look up some gestural drawings to help you with anatomy. It'll help make your character look less stiff and more appealing.

Also you could try shading to give it some more color and make it look less flat.

I agree with himeki's advice, and one thing I could add is that when doing pixels, the lines need to be clearer, for example I found these on google:

cleanlines.gif

Tutorial1-LineArt4x4.png

when I was learning I went through as many tutorials as I could find (deviantart has a lot to choose from) for everything: lining, coloring, shading and animating - and it helped a lot! there's always a ton of tutorials out there (on google as well) to help you achieve what you want to draw!

I'm still a beginner, but I hope I was able to help a little :) good luck with your drawings! practicing is the best way to learn ;)

Thanks for the advice guys. After all, this is my first attempt.

I'll start attempt #2 in a few hours. Hopefully it will be better than the first.

For starters try getting a better program like paint tool sai, paint can only get you so far.
Tbh I wouldn't really want to pay for this, the character is stiff and poorly made ;-;
Try improving your art on paper before digitally.
Or if you're only doing line work, try making the lines more curved instead of just drawn on. When your doing it on MS paint, try using the curve line tool for more curved lines.

Last edited:
I agree with himeki's advice, and one thing I could add is that when doing pixels, the lines need to be clearer, for example I found these on google:

cleanlines.gif

Tutorial1-LineArt4x4.png

when I was learning I went through as many tutorials as I could find (deviantart has a lot to choose from) for everything: lining, coloring, shading and animating - and it helped a lot! there's always a ton of tutorials out there (on google as well) to help you achieve what you want to draw!

I'm still a beginner, but I hope I was able to help a little :) good luck with your drawings! practicing is the best way to learn ;)

Yes, I myself have quite a bit of experience with pixelated images (I've made tons of them in Flipnote Studio) and while it does take quite a bit of work and experience, once you learn how to do it effectively it looks really nice. It just takes practice.

Just try not to become impatient with it. Art takes a lot of practice and a lot of patience.

If art doesn't work out for you, that's okay, sell animal crossing stuff. All of my tbt came from selling stuff in animal crossing.

Pixels are kinda complicated, especially if you're just starting out. I'd rather start out drawing normally than with pixels.

Just try not to become impatient with it. Art takes a lot of practice and a lot of patience.

For this reason, I'll go with selling in-game items. I do well with selling balloons anyway. I have all 24 of them available to order.

Last edited:
If I offered you 50 tbt would you be willing to draw my mayor? You can even draw an apple on his head lol

If I offered you 50 tbt would you be willing to draw my mayor? You can even draw an apple on his head lol

Yes I would, as some is better than none. But due to my lack in patience and my inability to overcome it, I decided not to sell art. If anyone were to tell me that my art sucks, that's not going to stop me. It's only because of how I like to get things done too soon.

Yes I would, as some is better than none. But due to my lack in patience and my inability to overcome it, I decided not to sell art. If anyone were to tell me that my art sucks, that's not going to stop me. It's only because of how I like to get things done too soon.

So no then? If you don't want it's fine. I just hope you don't think that I think your art sucks (because it really doesn't it just needs work)

Back