• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

King of the Hill

xSuperMario64x

Canadian at heart 💜🇨🇦
Peach 🍑
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
8558-0128-9692
Island
He/him
Green Bunny Balloon
Cyan Bunny Balloon
Snow Bunny
Fresh Feather
Cool Feather
So I hear most peeps on this site have either never seen King of the Hill or have never even heard of it! So I'm gonna change that cause King of the Hill is the best anime ever is one of the best adult cartoon shows ever made.

K so there's this guy named Hank Hill and he's a rly cool guy. He works at a place called Strickland Propane and takes immense pride in his job. He also loves to do yardwork, mow the lawn, watch football, play the guitar, hang out in the alley with his friends, and say things like "I tell ya hwut" and "that boy ain't right". He's like really uptight but a cool bean nonetheless. He has a wife, Peggy, who is a bit condescending, thinks too highly of herself, and is really bad at Spanish, and he has a son, Bobby, who loves prop cometry and is the class clown at Tom Landry Middle School. He's also a wimp. He also has a Georgia bloodhound named Lady Bird, who is named after the first lady of the USA with the same name.

Hank's friends are Dale Gribble, Bill Daughterive, and Jeff Boomhauer (simply referred to as Boomhauer). Dale is like a sociopathic twig of a man who fears the government and has his own big extermination business. Bill is a fat lonely guy who works for the US Army as a barber. He's always really depressed and has no self-esteem or self-confidence because his wife Lenore left him forever ago and he still mopes about it. Boomhauer is a really smooth guy who loves the ladies. All 3 of them cause trouble all the time and Hank has to be their mother leader a lot.
Hank also has a neighbor, Kahn Souphanousinphone, who is from Laos. He moves in next door in the 5th episode and throughout the whole series he only sees Hank and his neighbors as a bunch of lazy rednecks. He is a suck-up and likes to boss people around a lot. His wife, Minh, likes to make Peggy feel like trash but is still her friend. His daughter Connie (Kahn Jr) is a close friend of Bobby.

The show revolves around the wacky antics of the Hill family and their friends, whether it be Hank having trouble with his boss, Buck Strickland, or Peggy accidentally smuggling a Mexican girl back to the US, Bobby getting caught up in some kind of stupid thing like believing that Hank makes $100k a day, or Hanks friends getting into some kind of big trouble like getting locked up in an asylum. The show has been praised for its wit and charm, and keeping a realistic feel (unlike many cartoons).

I personally really like it because it tackles many real-life issues while also having a comical effect. It's funny but in a real sense. I know quite a few people who have watched it and also love it, cause, you know... it's just so great!

If you have seen it, what do you think of it? I love all the characters and the plot is always intriguing to me. I especially love Hank because he's so modest and is really bad at expressing his lovey-dovey emotions, just like I am. Also some of the episodes are just so great, I could watch them over and over and never get tired of it!

If you haven't seen it, you need to!! It's awesome!!

Yeah,King of the Hill is one of my favorite shows of all time.I love the catchphrases:

"The boy just ain't right."
"Gimme back my purse!"
"Dang o.."unintelligible mumbling"...."
"My Bugabago!"
"I sell propane and propane accessories."

The guys that wrote and performed the theme song "Yahoos and Triangles"(a band called The Refreshments) are from my hometown.

I really don't like it. The art style kinda ruins it for me. I see it on television every now and then, and I can only last about 10 minutes before I have to switch channel.

I really don't like it. The art style kinda ruins it for me. I see it on television every now and then, and I can only last about 10 minutes before I have to switch channel.

Boi how can you say that I'm so hurt

Lol I watch it on a daily basis, it keeps me happy. I suppose we all just have different interests.

One of my top favorites.

When I first heard of it, I'd have it on in the background and find it to be really boring. However, later on I sat down and actually paid attention to it and found it to be great. I love how unlike pretty much every other "adult" humor cartoon (even Futurama in its seasons after the return, sadly) it doesn't rely on shock humor. There is no unnecessary violence. It's just dry humor, and it is dry humor at its best.

I haven't been able to really watch the show in years, though. :(

hank hill is the best dad ever

YES HE IS

One of my top favorites.

When I first heard of it, I'd have it on in the background and find it to be really boring. However, later on I sat down and actually paid attention to it and found it to be great. I love how unlike pretty much every other "adult" humor cartoon (even Futurama in its seasons after the return, sadly) it doesn't rely on shock humor. There is no unnecessary violence. It's just dry humor, and it is dry humor at its best.

I haven't been able to really watch the show in years, though. :(

Exactly! The show isn't really crazy or violent at all, yet it's still funny. I think that's why I like it the most, because I appreciate its dry humor. It's a refreshing step away from cartoons like Family Guy and Futurama.

And it's sad to hear you haven't been able to watch it. Tbh I watch it on Youtube. You should look it up sometime!

Last edited:
okay so my dad. he looks, acts, sounds, and does everything just like hank hill. same wrinkles, same skin tone, same accent, he drinks beer and sometimes he buys propane. we live in coastal texas and he was born here too. he has the exact accent. sometimes he says "god dang it". he has the exact haircut and wears black rimmed glasses and often wears a plain white t-shirt.
god help us all

okay so my dad. he looks, acts, sounds, and does everything just like hank hill. same wrinkles, same skin tone, same accent, he drinks beer and sometimes he buys propane. we live in coastal texas and he was born here too. he has the exact accent. sometimes he says "god dang it". he has the exact haircut and wears black rimmed glasses and often wears a plain white t-shirt.
god help us all

you are the luckiest person on earth

It's like the early 2000's version of Bob's Burgers. It was probably the most wholesome adult sitcom of the time. I kind of miss it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

god help us all
Does he have a concave booty, too?

I'll tell you h'what! I always watched it when it was on, I remember watching it way back in the day too. Now I don't have cable anymore so it's been a while. We borrowed the DVD's of the first two seasons from a friend so we could watch it a few months ago. I've always found it to be an enjoyable show. It'd be one of my regular binge "background" shows if it was on any of my streaming services.

I'll tell you h'what! I always watched it when it was on, I remember watching it way back in the day too. Now I don't have cable anymore so it's been a while. We borrowed the DVD's of the first two seasons from a friend so we could watch it a few months ago. I've always found it to be an enjoyable show. It'd be one of my regular binge "background" shows if it was on any of my streaming services.
Its on Adult Swim every weekday night, fam.

I mean, yeah. I will give animation-wise it's pretty much complete trash. but so is just about every other western produced "adult" cartoon

for me though, it's the grounded deadpan sense of humor that makes it work, despite this failing

- - - Post Merge - - -

well it WAS on netflix

I remember marathoning it with family all the time through the service

Last edited:
well it WAS on netflix

I remember marathoning it with family all the time through the service

I remember when I was about 12 years old, I would watch it all the time on Netflix. and I was so upset when they took it off. My brother was mad too, he even put a post on Miiverse about it saying that he wished they would bring it back and a lot of people liked it.

Of course now I watch it all the time through Kodi and Youtube so it's all good (I tell ya hwut)

- - - Post Merge - - -

god help us all

If he has the same personality and love of propane could I come visit you cause I want him to be my dad too lmao (jk)

I actually remember watching the very first King Of The Hill episode when it originally aired in 1997 (that kind of makes me feel old, even though I'm not). Anyway, it was a great cartoon series with a bunch of memorable characters, but I mostly just enjoyed the first six or seven seasons. Just like The Simpsons, I feel that the quality of the series later went downhill. I still find the majority of the early episodes entertaining though. The firefighter episode in particular was one of my favorites.

I love King of the Hill. A lot of the episodes are genuinely hilarious and memorable. It has humor but also heart, man.

Back