People who quote the Original Poster

Hey, where's that post gone where someone quoted each word from my post individually? Moderators, please.

They got to me.

Resetti said:
You have received a warning at The Bell Tree Forums

Dear pft7,

You have received a warning at The Bell Tree Forums.

Reason:
-------
Post Quality

While we understand the intent behind your post was to be funny, unnecessarily stretching the post out for others we need to draw the line at. Next time, consider putting your post in a spoiler tag or at least shortening the amount quotes. Partially quoted below is a an excerpt from our Rules and Guidelines, please try to be courteous of other members in your future posts. Thank you.

Rules and Guidelines - 1.b. Post Quality (partial quote) said:
The following types of content fall under post quality violation and may be removed or moved to The Basement at a moderator's discretion alongside a warning, infraction, or suspension:
  • Poor quality replies which add little or no meaningful content to the conversation or thread. This includes, but is not limited to the following:
    • Low content replies which add little or nothing to the conversation. If your post is only a few words, you should probably say more, or don't post.
    • Image or smiley replies, including GIFs or videos, with little or no other meaningful content alongside them.
    • Replies which are off-topic, do not contribute to the subject, or are otherwise irrelevant.
    • Simple and short agreement replies, such as "I agree", "This", "Thanks", "Lol", and "Haha". Instead, use the Like button or contribute to the discussion by explaining your opinion in more detail.

i think it's really unnecessary but on the other hand
How do you feel about people who quote the OP on forums when posting in a thread? I find it unnecessary and annoying, unless they're perhaps highlighting a specific sentence/paragraph to respond to. The same applies to those who quote really long posts when replying instead of just taking an excerpt.

I hate it but i am also dyslexic and sometimes looking back and forth at the post while typing is hard for me so maybe that is why they do that?

How do you feel about people who quote the OP on forums when posting in a thread? I find it unnecessary and annoying, unless they're perhaps highlighting a specific sentence/paragraph to respond to. The same applies to those who quote really long posts when replying instead of just taking an excerpt.

wait why is this a problem?
if you are reading through a thread.... and you come to a quote, you can just pass over it because you know its a quote.
If you are just going through a thread, you also can clearly know what is a quote and what is not, so you can skip over it...

do you want me to feel bad for you because you have to scroll a little bit more?

wait why is this a problem?
if you are reading through a thread.... and you come to a quote, you can just pass over it because you know its a quote.
If you are just going through a thread, you also can clearly know what is a quote and what is not, so you can skip over it...

do you want me to feel bad for you because you have to scroll a little bit more?
Its a problem because it's dumb

Oh well, I think that if the original post is only a few words, it’s ok to quote, example:
“Who else here feels that they have deja vu at some times?”
I think that if it’s a brief question, then it’s appropriate to quote.
But if the original post is like, 3378389 lines long I think it’s just unessecary to quote, and I feel that it just takes up more space on the page. A better option should be to highlight/bold the specific words that you’re replying to or just cut the sentences or words in the quote. I don’t like how people quote the full, long original post and only reply to 1 sentence in the whole thing.

Back