• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

How long have you been playing Animalcrossing:Newleaf for?

KnoxUK

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
New Horizons Token
Isabelle
Me personally have been playing since it was released here in the UK. Which was like 3-4 years ago.

How long have you guys been playing for?

I got it directly on release day and had my very first town until the Welcome Amiibo update came..
thought it would be a great opportunity start a new town, but yet keep my catalog, bells, etc. :D
I can't say how much hours I've played in total tho, since I had to switch my 3DS / 2DS around 5 times
and could never get the files on the new DS, because it was not turning on anymore.. >:

I got it directly on release day and had my very first town until the Welcome Amiibo update came..
thought it would be a great opportunity start a new town, but yet keep my catalog, bells, etc. :D
I can't say how much hours I've played in total tho, since I had to switch my 3DS / 2DS around 5 times
and could never get the files on the new DS, because it was not turning on anymore.. >:

That's unfortunate about the new DS not working :( But since the welcome amiibo update I've been unsure about selling my town.

That's unfortunate about the new DS not working :( But since the welcome amiibo update I've been unsure about selling my town.

For my part, I didn't regret doing it!
It brought back the fun of Animal Crossing for me, since I basically started from (almost) zero again
and had to actually make something great out of the empty town again :D

Oh and.. yeh.. I am unlucky when it comes to consoles x;

Last edited:
For my part, I didn't regret doing it!
It brought back the fun of Animal Crossing for me, since I basically started from (almost) zero again
and had to actually make something great out of the empty town again :D

Oh and.. yeh.. I am unlucky when it comes to consoles x;

I would consider to recreate my town purely for re-decorating it. But i remember the villagers always place their houses in the most annoying spots, potently ruining paths, tree farms ect.

Also my 3ds has been through the wars, the thumb stick is broken from super smash bros on 3ds. But it still functions :)

I would consider to recreate my town purely for re-decorating it. But i remember the villagers always place their houses in the most annoying spots, potently ruining paths, tree farms ect.

Also my 3ds has been through the wars, the thumb stick is broken from super smash bros on 3ds. But it still functions :)

With the new Update you can block the Villagers from movin in randomly.
They won't put their houses on the paths anymore, so that's a great & easy way to place them good! :)

Ahah, I hear that problem often with the thumb stick.
I don't have Super Smash Bros (yet), so I never got that problem.
For me it was once just like that dying, then my cat made it fall perfectly into the
waterbowl of them (she pushed it all the way over the 3m long kitchencounter to do that q.q),
then someone sat on it (that was funny, but painful to watch xD), once display broke and
while repairing it the whole DS broke and the last one I wanted to change the housing,
since mine was quite used.. well, thanks to cheap chinese quality a sharp piece cut through almost every single cable
and RIP :D

Like three years or so now? I don't know my OG start date as I have had multiple copies and multiple towns.

With the new Update you can block the Villagers from movin in randomly.
They won't put their houses on the paths anymore, so that's a great & easy way to place them good! :)

Ahah, I hear that problem often with the thumb stick.
I don't have Super Smash Bros (yet), so I never got that problem.
For me it was once just like that dying, then my cat made it fall perfectly into the
waterbowl of them (she pushed it all the way over the 3m long kitchencounter to do that q.q),
then someone sat on it (that was funny, but painful to watch xD), once display broke and
while repairing it the whole DS broke and the last one I wanted to change the housing,
since mine was quite used.. well, thanks to cheap chinese quality a sharp piece cut through almost every single cable
and RIP :D

Really? I didn't know about that added feature. Thanks :)

I'd be so upset if I saw my DS fall into water or get sat on. For me I have a screen protector on it to try and keep it in good condition, but I didn't expect smashbros to complelety trash my 3DS.

At least your current 3ds is in good condition, right?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Like three years or so now? I don't know my OG start date as I have had multiple copies and multiple towns.

I'd loose interest if I had to start new towns constantly. I still haven't caught all of the fish yet and its been like 3-4 years for me.

Really? I didn't know about that added feature. Thanks :)

I'd be so upset if I saw my DS fall into water or get sat on. For me I have a screen protector on it to try and keep it in good condition, but I didn't expect smashbros to complelety trash my 3DS.

At least your current 3ds is in good condition, right?

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'd loose interest if I had to start new towns constantly. I still haven't caught all of the fish yet and its been like 3-4 years for me.

No problem! :)

Haha, yeah I was quite upset - especially since I don't have a job, so I don't own money.
Yeah, I just got 2 weeks ago a New 2DS XL. Hopefully it won't break that fast..
but my cats already stole my pen and I haven't found it since, gg xD

No problem! :)

Haha, yeah I was quite upset - especially since I don't have a job, so I don't own money.
Yeah, I just got 2 weeks ago a New 2DS XL. Hopefully it won't break that fast..
but my cats already stole my pen and I haven't found it since, gg xD

Ah jeez that reminds me. My 3ds pen always gets lost, went through a ton of them. Currently I use one that is broken in half, so that means I can't pull it out and have to tilt my 3ds upside down in order to get it. Not to meantion that it can get stuck half the time, so I have to resort to shaking my 3ds like an idiot.

Ah jeez that reminds me. My 3ds pen always gets lost, went through a ton of them. Currently I use one that is broken in half, so that means I can't pull it out and have to tilt my 3ds upside down in order to get it. Not to meantion that it can get stuck half the time, so I have to resort to shaking my 3ds like an idiot.

Ahaha, why do I have to imagine that now xD
Sadly I only have pens for the New 3DS XL, which are way longer than the ones for the 2DS..
which means I can't fit them in the DS.. so I always have to carry them extra around D;

Ahaha, why do I have to imagine that now xD
Sadly I only have pens for the New 3DS XL, which are way longer than the ones for the 2DS..
which means I can't fit them in the DS.. so I always have to carry them extra around D;

Well you can always break them in half :) though wouldn't recommend it. Near the slot on my 3ds, the paint is scuffed because of it getting stuck constantly. Plus have you ever tried using half a regaulr 3ds pen, its horribly small.

July of 2013. 4 years now.

Last edited:
Well you can always break them in half :) though wouldn't recommend it. Near the slot on my 3ds, the paint is scuffed because of it getting stuck constantly. Plus have you ever tried using half a regaulr 3ds pen, its horribly small.

Haha, nice tip. Won't try tho :^)
Yeah, that's true. The regular pens are so small..
it's also a big minus point when it comes to thw New 2DS XL.. this pen is soo small, I'm lucky I don't have the biggest hands x)

Been playing since it was released in the states in June of 2013, and I'm up to four towns and four 3DSes.

At least 4 years but I was gone for like 2 years of it and recently got back to it

Back