What do you do when you have... ELEVEN dreamies?!?!

WitchOfMiracles

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Silver Mailbox
Lobo
Tasty Cake
I have exactly eleven dreamies, I don't know what to do about it! I thought I only had ten, and that they perfectly fit the maximum villager amount, but it turns out there's one more villager I really like, but there's no way I'd be willing to let any of my current ten go. Plus, I went through tons of effort putting patterns and flowers around the whole town just to accomodate my villagers' house placement, and the ones I moved in after I spent days and days resetting their plots to get them just right. I also wouldn't want to lose all the memories I have with my current ten. What to do?! I could get a whole second town but that seems excessive just for one more dreamy. Maybe if there were at least 5 or 6 other villagers I'd want, a second town could be justified, but it's just ONE more! I'm at a loss in this situation. :( Anyone else go through something similar?

Keep that dreamie as a backup just in case one of your ten. Move out without telling you, or an unexpected break happens. And you find someone moved out. Though plot resetting would suck, at least you'd know who you wanted.

Eventually you’ll get bored, have an epiphany or get insulted by one of your dreamies and then will want them out. Happens to me all the time, then I make room for someone else. My coping mechanism is getting their amiibo cards which I wouldn’t recommend unless you want to waste a lot of money

I've looked through the entire villager lists a million times (almost literally!) and realized these are definitely the only villagers I really especially want, the only problem is there's eleven of them. One other aspect is the fact that I want to have at least one of each personality type in my town. There are a couple villagers that I don't necessarily like more than this eleventh dreamy, but I want to keep them because they're the only ones of their certain personality types in my town. Then there are three villagers I have that are all the same personality type but I like them all too much to let go of them... Aggghhh... I think I might just end up going ahead with getting a second town... lol.

I love way too many of the villagers to have just 10 dreamies. Even with two towns I don't have all my dreamies. Mostly because my second town I made color themed and wanted to accommodate and at least have 1 of each personality. But it's hard when you can't fit them all in. It's really down to the top ten. You could always rotate them but that's a bit of a pain. So I mean, if you really want to spend time with that villager a second town is your only choice. =[

Make two of them battle till only one remains?

But on a less morbid note...You could try getting DA so you can visit to interact with the one you don't have. You could buy their card so you can scan them in just to talk to them and get a gift. While it may be hard, I think if you examine them honestly, you'll know who your top ten are and that helps in bringing yourself down to a realistic view. I've gone through this multiple times and it just comes down to that I realize I love my current villagers more over the one I don't have. On the flip side, if you get cards, you can try out them all and see which really suits you and your town...you may come to find one isn't as sentimental as you thought and that may allow you to replace with the one you couldn't fit in. So giving yourself time may be the best idea in seeing how your feelings change.
I would only get a second town if you truly have a desire for a second town and not just for one dreamie.

Last edited:
Make two of them battle till only one remains?

But on a less morbid note...You could try getting DA so you can visit to interact with the one you don't have. You could buy their card so you can scan them in just to talk to them and get a gift. While it may be hard, I think if you examine them honestly, you'll know who your top ten are and that helps in bringing yourself down to a realistic view. I've gone through this multiple times and it just comes down to that I realize I love my current villagers more over the one I don't have. On the flip side, if you get cards, you can try out them all and see which really suits you and your town...you may come to find one isn't as sentimental as you thought and that may allow you to replace with the one you couldn't fit in. So giving yourself time may be the best idea in seeing how your feelings change.
I would only get a second town if you truly have a desire for a second town and not just for one dreamie.

Hmm, this is all very true, I think I'll do what you said and just give it more time and maybe get their card (they're a cheaper one) and see what it's like interacting with them through that. Or perhaps someone with this villager in their town could let me interact with her a bit? The villager in question is Muffy the uchi sheep.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Does anyone else run into issues because they want to prioritize having at least one of each personality type over villagers you personally like more?

Does anyone else run into issues because they want to prioritize having at least one of each personality type over villagers you personally like more?

I used to want to have one of each personality type but I find some of the personality types just doesn't suit my taste. Right now I have:
1 Normal
1 Cranky
2 Smug
2 Snooty
4 Lazy

I find lazy villagers are more of my style and actually suit my own personality type lol. I like Normal personalities too as well as Smug. I have so many characters that I want to live in my town you have no idea how hard it is to look at other villagers and be like 'I want you in my town but that means I have to kick out someone that is of equal value to you'

I wish there was some sort of PWP called an apartment that can house villagers, even make it part of the main street.

My situation has been the opposite. I have too little Dreamies, so then I end up wanting the same villagers for my seperate towns.

For your situation, the only option would be to make a second town. Unless you decide to give up one of your current villagers.

Back