• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What town ordinance do you have going in your town and why?

I always use beautiful town. My town is absolutely littered with flowers and I would just never have the time to sit there each day and water them. Plus I don't enjoy watering flowers. But really I think you should get the wealthy town one. I've really wanted to try that forever but I didn't want my flowers to die. The early bird one is also good for me but I usually just TT a couple of hours, buy what I want and TT back.

Whatever floats your boat, man.

Beautiful Town. Ain't nobody got time to be watering hundreds of flowers.

Before I had the Bell Boom ordinance since I like grinding beetles on the island to earn bells but now that I don't really care about bells, I know have the Beautiful Town ordinance, definitely the best town ordinance imo ~

I have the Bell Boom ordinance because I loooove making that money!!!1!!11 The only downside of it is that prices go up (like before Redd's paintings were like 3k and now they're 4k), but it doesn't really bother me because I always get money everyday. And I don't have to worry about my flowers not getting watered because my villagers do it literally everyday... and they're always planting flowers by my house or in the middle of town (it's cute but gets annoying). And I bought the golden watering can from someone, so I don't have to worry about watering every single hybrid. I don't have a lot of hybrids anyways, I have a little area where all my hybrids are, so it's all good.

and I have way too many flowers in my town from trying to breed hybrids, and I want them gone so idc if they wilt lmao

I've always have Beautiful Town. I've never changed it. Its the ordinance that's the most helpful in all honesty, especially since my town is overrun with flowers and hybrids. I would not want to water each and every one of them lol

I had the night owl ordinance for about a week in my new town because I usually don't play until my boyfriend leaves for his graveyard shift, but I started losing flowers and switched back to my usual beautiful town ordinance. It's especially nice to have when real life gets hectic and I can't play for a significant amount of time.

I always have the beautiful town ordinance, the one time I changed it I forgot it takes a day to take affect and another to reinstate it.. most of the hybrids I created myself in my field died :( it was devastating and took awhile to replace them again

Beautiful town. Too lazy to water the flowers. Even if I feel like doing, I'd probably lost interest halfway because they're a lot. I thought about Night Owl since I mostly play at night but I could just tt to earlier time if I really need to visit the shops and catch the villagers awake. I don't see the point of Bell Boom since the selling price also goes up and I don't go to the island regularly. I'd go whenever I want to. I'm fine selling the beetles even without the ordinance.

Beautiful Town Ordinance! I like and have this one due to the fact that I'm very much into time traveling and there are times that I don't play my game for awhile. I'm also not a fan of coming back to have cockroaches finding its way into my house and I really love it when my flowers bloom. I admit that at times having alot of flowers can be daunting since I always have to go around town and water almost all of them but I've making it a habit it when I started playing again. I kind of like seeing the flower sparkle after using the water can as well as being able to grow a few hybrids as well.

Hehe assuming 85% of players have the Beautiful Town ordinance...especially when most of us are busy irl or have so many flowers!
I have that ordinance myself, but when I was new to the game, I had the Night Owl ordinance. It was summer and I was playing the game at late night, so I wanted to access the shops then.

I use Beautiful town because otherwise I'd have to waste a ridiculously large amount of time watering flowers. If I didn't have that one I'd definitely use early bird, because the shops all open irritatingly late for me, as I'm a pretty early riser.

Also Beautiful Ordinance :) I have way too many flowers to upkeep and this feature saves me time for other things.

I am using the Beautiful Ordinance because I need to make sure my flowers don't die if I miss playing by a day or so. I wish there were more to chose from in a way, or a chance to stack ordinances. Like maybe two? I thought about switching to the early bird ordinance since I get to school so early.

What does the bell boom ordinance even really do? Besides let you make more money

It makes you more money and it makes things more expensive.

I have the Beautiful Town Ordinance because I time travel a lot, if I had a different ordinance I would forget to water my flowers and they'd all die. There is also a higher chance of hybrids too.

Last edited:
i have the beautiful town ordinance in all my towns. i have a bunch of flowers and i hate getting wilted flowers, weeds and cockroaches everywhere. it's just a Lot easier w/ that ordinance, it's totally the best one and imo it would be a giant pain to play the game without it.

Beauriful town only because i have at least 1000 hybrids in my town and there's NO way i'm watering those everyday lol. It does suck tho because id love the bell boomer ordinance. Maybe one day when i don't TT to breed flowers i need to fill my town ill switch it but until then nada.

I have the beautiful town ordinance because I have a lot of hybrid flowers. And I don`t have time to water them all.

I choose night owl. Being able to stay up late is great! I really don't give two carps about gardening, so I don't choose that one.

Back