• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What town ordinance do you have going in your town and why?

YunaMoon

Iced Coffee Addict
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Easter Egg
Yoshi Easter Egg
Hiya! So I'm trying to decide which ordinance to use in my town and I need some help!

I don't garden much and enjoy my own watering and such so Beautiful is out.

I don't play very late so late night is out.

I am using early bird now because I tend to wake up at 6 am and have to wait 3-4 hours to play for my stuff to open so with this I only need to wait an hour if that!

But I am looking into the wealthy ordinance too, so I can rake in the IGB (although I am doing fine on early bird)

So! Pros/Cons of wealthy? Should I keep early bird? Thank you

I currently set it to Beautiful Town since I'm taking a break from ACNL. I don't want my flowers to die, especially my hybrids. And I wouldn't have enough time to take care of them.

I currently set it to Beautiful Town since I'm taking a break from ACNL. I don't want my flowers to die, especially my hybrids. And I wouldn't have enough time to take care of them.

Yeah I set it for beautiful always if I'm taking breaks or know I can't be on much for a couple days or longer

Do beautiful. You could always visit someone else, time travel, etc so late night/early bird isn't as important. Wealthy isn't that important to me because I am on often and I get enough already. I think most players have a beautiful ordinance.

I currently have beautiful town in my main one as I hate garbage when fishing plus there's a far better chance for hybrids.
In my second town though I have the bell boom ordinance.

My town's ordinance is currently set on the Beautiful Town one. I picked it because I don't want all my flowers dying over time. I can't play all day, so having the ordinance and not losing any flowers is great!

What does the bell boom ordinance even really do? Besides let you make more money

I have the beautiful ordinance up, trying to water plants everyday gets really tiresome at times

I bet! Especially when you have a ton! Lol my town is fairly fresh so I'm still good without the beautiful ordinance

Beautiful town ordinance is my favorite, I have A LOT of flowers so its nice to keep them healthy :) But the money ordinance is also really good especially for the island beetle method.

So much to debate! Allow myself to play early in the morning or get dat munny!?

I have it set on Beautiful Town because I TT a lot when I play. The only bad side of this is that my town is now a complete flower field. Feelsbad when I trample them.

I had bell boom until just this week when I paid off my house! Now it's set to beautiful and I'm concentrating more on town planning rather than making money. It sounds like you're really productive with early bird! If you really enjoy the difference, I think that it's worth it. A trip to the island without bell boom still makes big bells at the end of the day :)

i have the beautiful ordinance set up in my town. i have a ton of flowers and i don't really want to have to deal with the tedious task of watering every single one.

Beautiful ordinance here! My town is full of almost a thousand flowers so there's absolutely no way I'm going to water them all! There's no question. Plus my schedule fits around the current time of the game so I don't need the early or late ordinances, although when I first played many years ago I used the late night ordinance because I used to stay up pretty late. I've never really had a need for the money ordinance as I have plenty of Bells as it is. Even if I did want to use one of the other ordinances, there's no way I can justify not using the beautiful town one, I just have too many flowers that depend upon it.

Last edited:
I always have the Beautiful Ordinance. Never had any other ordinanaces. I have way too many hybrids in my town for me to risk using any other ordinances. Plus I ain't got no time to water every single flower anymore LOL

Personally for me I use beautiful or night owl. Mainly because I TT occationally and I also play later in the evening or at night.

Last edited:
I have the beautiful town one because I tt sometimes and have a ton of flowers that I don't want wilting.
I also can't be bothered to water them all everyday, don't have the time for that.

Beautiful town simply as I don't have the time to get on every day (or even every week) and it helps to keep my town in semi decent shape. I'd also love to have the night owl one on as well, as I don't often get a chance to get in until the evening and night and most of the shops are closed by that point.

Beautiful town ordinance, because I have lots of flowers and I don't want them to die.

Back