• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Move in - option on Home screen -

You use a different 3DS, both with AC (cartridge or not) and you click move in and
you can move a character (that's not the mayor) into another town.

Ooh, I never knew this existed! Would their house appear in the other town? With everything inside? Or would you have to build a tent and go from the start? Because if so, I don't really see what would be the advantage over creating a new character...

iirc you get to bring everything in your house and player inventory, plus all your money (including all that's deposited) and your catalog as-is at least

no idea about (secret) storage (I think it'd all transfer, but....), though your mail I'm pretty sure doesn't transfer (and of course items put up at re-tail won't as well)

Last edited:
Ooh, that's really cool! So, technically, if I have 2 cartridges and a character in one of my towns whose house placement I dislike, I could move him in to my other town and then back to the first but on a different location? If so, that's awesome.
Also, would you need 2 3DSs for this?

Back