Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
May Birthstone (Emerald)
April Birthstone (Diamond)
March Birthstone (Aquamarine)
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
January Birthstone (Garnet)
You know how in the update, villagers no longer can place their house on patterns as long as a 3x3 spot exists somewhere on the map? Well, think about how angry the villagers get when they can't place their house somewhere (the same feeling we get when Isabelle won't cooperate and let you put a bench in that one place it should be able to) because of some conveniently placed patterns that won't allow them to put their house there.

What are your thoughts on this matter?

Don't like my rules then don't move into my town :p

Last edited:
I'm mayor, you live where I want you to and if you don't feel like cooperating, I'm going to warp time and alter the very fabric of reality itself until I create an alternate universe where you DO move where I want you to, no matter how long it takes! Using my specially placed patterns and villager reset trick of course! :)

I think in my second town they will be happy as all villagers are clumped together but it's not a small area it's actually quite big with re-tail at the top.
If they don't they can just move to another town!

I'm mayor, you live where I want you to and if you don't feel like cooperating, I'm going to warp time and alter the very fabric of reality itself until I create an alternate universe where you DO move where I want you to, no matter how long it takes! Using my specially placed patterns and villager reset trick of course! :)

I love how we use our time altering powers for our selfish purposes instead of helping the common man. Or rather common animal? I don't know the correct terminology for this.

Now that I think about it...I wish that the next Animal Crossing game has a option where both the
mayor and villager can decide together which spot the villager should use for his/her house before
moving into the town. Like the villager comes to the town hall, make there first a suggestion for a
spot he/she wants to move in and you (the mayor) decide if it's ok or not. If not, you make then a
suggestion. I mean sure, it can take a few minutes till everything is setup, but if you can prevent
any "future drama" with this, why not?

To come back to the actual topic: For me it's a win/lose-situation. A villager put his/her house on a
spot you don't like and you can't change it anymore: Villager wins, mayor lose. You laid out patterns
on a particular spot and a villager can't place his/her house there because of that: Villager lose, mayor
wins. Also, the villager should have a plan b: Make sure there is a alternative spot you can use. So if
a villager want to move in but can't move to the spot he/she wanted, then the villager should have a
alternative place for the house. If not then it's the villager's fault for not thinking about it and has to
take now the place he/she don't like. :p

(Then again the villagers are just characters controlled by a computer, I don't know if they even
think about it that much, since they also repeat their dialoges after a while or don't care so much
about things you as the player care, so...)

Back