• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What is the meaning behind your collectible lineup?

xSuperMario64x

Canadian at heart 💜🇨🇦
Peach 🍑
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
8558-0128-9692
Island
He/him
Green Bunny Balloon
Cyan Bunny Balloon
Snow Bunny
Fresh Feather
Cool Feather
So I just figured, yeah, maybe I should take some pride in my collectibles. They look like a jumbled mess but tbh this is my favorite lineup ever. The only thing that would perfect it is if Pinky was to the right of my tetris collectible lol rip

So since most people think my lineup is just a jumbled mess, they probably also think, why? Why is it like that? Well I'm here to tell ya.

-My arcade collectibles, obviously, are from the fair, and because I love arcade games and I won the tetris collectile from the bucket of paint contest, I figured I'd get them all.

-My fair patch just kinda goes along with my arcade lineup.

-The blue pansy is my favorite flower in AC:NL, and so when this collectible was released I got it, like, immediately.

-My cyan house was given to me by one of my BFFs, Ash. He got it from a collectible restock back in June and didn't want it since he was leaving the site, so he gave it to me. I told him I would treasure it forever.

-The birthstone is from SunsetDelta, another close friend of mine who left, and she bought it for my birthday, on my birthday (she cut it real close though, 11pm lol)

-The tasty cake was just randomly given to me by Ash with the message "Gamecube is better boi". It's like an inside joke where I say the N64 is better and he says the Gamecube is better. More like a never-ending battle.

-The famous mushroom, I just bought it because it's based on the super mushroom from SMB, and I had Ash put the message "grow up" on it cause... well you know why.

-I bought the winter mitten from Flare for 1 tbt, and told him to put a funny message on it. He was hesitant at first cause he said he couldn't come up with anything good, but he eventually put "Wario's glove. He used it to clean something..." and since that message nearly made me die I just had to keep it in my lineup.

-I got the Waluigi egg because... well Waluigi is the best! Kinda wish the egg had an upside-down yellow L on it, though. I had Helium put the message "WALUIIIIIIGI'S NUMBAH WAAAAAN!!" on it to add to the comedy of the egg itself.

What's the story behind your collectible lineup?

Although I don't have it out right now, I normally have a sidebar full of apples, to represent my love for apples and to match the description of my username.

I also have a completed collection of birthstones to represent one collectible collection I have completed, and I have a few tulip collectibles because MoonGlow is primarily a tulip town. Eventually, I may get a sidebar full of chocolate cakes to represent my interest into chocolate desserts.

My town of Magnolia is a rainbow flowery town and I just love flowers and gardening things so I have a full garden line up. Pansies are my favorite flower (besides jacob's ladders) so that's why every single pansy color is displayed.

I have all the birthstones, but since getting my trophies I feel kind of obligated to just display whatever seems to match my avatar and signature the most.

a e s t h e t i c

i always match my lineup to my av + sig

It changes all the time depending on what new collectibles are out and so on, but right now it's actually serving some aesthetic purpose. :'D

Um...my lineup changes a lot. Sometimes it'll match my aesthetic, and sometimes it'll be a seasonal lineup.

I'm trying to collect ones that I personally find adorable. I don't really mind if they don't match or go together lol

The colouring just matched the avatar + sig thing I've got going on. ;)

Usually I try to match my collectibles to my avi and sig. Since my avi and sig are pretty colorful atm, I can kinda get away with having random collectibles on the sidebar. I also think some colors look nice next to each other so there's that as well c:

So nobody else but me has collectibles that each have significant backstories?

well here's the backstory of the vast majority of my collectibles if interested

I bought them. sometimes in battles of the ongoing the great restock wars. other times during events, occasionally during (re)stock skirmishes. and even others just as simple routine shop items

Last edited:
The meaning behind my lineup, is that I like these collectibles and they look cute to me

I mean, there are certain ones that have a little sentimental value (and some that I can't seem to get rid of because they were gifts from friends), but I mainly just choose what looks cute together.

I could tell u the story of every one of my collectibles but that would just be a gigantic post no one would read n I don't need anybody knowing how good my memory really is for pointless things.. lol

I display fair stuff most of the time, like I'm doing rn, because they make me think of all the fair stuff I did to get them. :b The flowers are presents from friends, as is the blue feather.. it was the feather I coveted most at the time because it reminded me of Harvest Moon, but I could never buy it because they used to go for 5k+ in the MP. And the Pok?ball I also consider as a kind of fair prize because I was finally able to save enough for it by buying a purple feather in the end-of-fair restock and selling it for like 7k (pretty cheap at the time).

Also a note on the old feathers - I specifically remember buying them at 11:59pm my timezone because I thought it would be funny to buy them right before the new year for some reason, but now they all display as 12:59am for reasons further unknown so? ?\_(ツ)_/? rip.

Back