• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What is the meaning behind your collectible lineup?

• The feather is there to celebrate some fair festivity even though it's done now
  • Mist because she's my favorite villager and I was one of the members to get a prize pack last year, and my ticket inside of it helped Mint's release.
  • The cake... just hover your mouse over it to find out why.
  • The lantern because it's rare (I see almost nobody who originally got it active here anymore).
  • The Green Candy since it was a gift from Jean and she left the site, so it's there to remember her by.
  • The Blue Candy because it was a gift from Thunder and accepting candy from strange older men is a totally okay thing to do imo.
Also the last 3 are all Hallowin-related, so that's a bonus.

I've never tried to do a neat and orderly collectible lineup, but I'm fine with that I have now. The ones I have up now minus the feather and maybe the cake never leave my inventory.

My line-up tends to change every season but I almost always incorporate yellow collectibles because it's my favorite color. I tend to get a lot of cute or inspirational quotes on most of my collectibles. idk, I just like having something positive with them & it makes each one I get special.

For this current line-up:

- All the yellow flowers reflect one of my towns which is yellow-themed. I also adore yellow flowers.

- Yellow House: I won it in the collectible raffle at the end of 2016 all from pure luck omg. I was super shocked but happy to get it because it's one of the yellow collectibles I could never afford or justify spending 10k+ TBT for it. I'm sometimes tempted to trade it for date reasons but the chances are extremely low someone would want to trade, plus, I'm kind of attached to its unique date now.

- Star Glow Wand 1: An extremely kind user, Mega Cabbage, just sent it over as a gift around Christmastime. It was so incredibly sweet. So grateful. <3

- SGW2: I won it from an auction from The Pennifer. I was looking to own a second one at the time and was really happy to win it.
<3

- SGW3: If anyone looked at my sweet feather auction, you'll know the whole story lmao Monkey D Luffy was kind to trade so I'm happy having a 3rd. I'd love to have an entire line-up of star glow wands someday but I think it's kind of impossible 'cause no one would want to get rid of theirs and I can't blame them.

Other line-ups:

- Pikachu Eggs: The quotes are Pokemon references to the anime which remains close to my heart. "Pikachu, you're a Pika Pal!" refers to Misty saying that to Pikachu & "Pikachu-Pi!" refers to how Pikachu calls Misty. They develop an adorable bond on the show and I'm so happy to see her again in the anime after so long. I'm a huge Misty/Pokemon fan & collect her merch.

- Spooky Holiday collectibles: That holiday is my favorite of all. One of my pumpkin cupcakes got caught midst the spooky censor so now it's a hilarious joke. I thought I had too much to drink that evening until realizing it was the censor's fault lmao

- Dessert collectibles: I'm weak for sweets.

- Yellow Feathers: I got them last year during the Fair after realizing the star glow wands were sold out. They're still cute, though (although a little difficult to create line-ups with).

That's about it, I think.

So nobody else but me has collectibles that each have significant backstories?

Invader: Jeremy tried to kill me as I worked on it.
Green Feather: Jason tried to kill me as I worked on it.
Green Balloon: Jake tried to kill me after I finished it.
Flower Glow Wand: Might've been Murray that time?
Kapp'n Doll: This one was just self-inflicted.
Yoshi Egg: I don't even remember the process on this one.
Green Pinwheel: Kinda just made this green because I needed another green collectible.

Anyway, you get the idea.

Invader: Jeremy tried to kill me as I worked on it.
Green Feather: Jason tried to kill me as I worked on it.
Green Balloon: Jake tried to kill me after I finished it.
Flower Glow Wand: Might've been Murray that time?
Kapp'n Doll: This one was just self-inflicted.
Yoshi Egg: I don't even remember the process on this one.
Green Pinwheel: Kinda just made this green because I needed another green collectible.

Anyway, you get the idea.

Can I kill you next year pal?

Can I kill you next year pal?

I think Peter has next year and Laudine has the year after that. I might be free in 2020 if that works for you?

I think Peter has next year and Laudine has the year after that. I might be free in 2020 if that works for you?

It's good to know at least you accept people trying to kill you every year.

The top row is showing off my new fair collectibles in an aesthetic way :cool: plus the red and pink feather are there 1) for balance and 2) I won the pink feather from the 12 Days of Collectibles thing and I'm still super shocked by that so I like to have it out

The bottom row, well, I like the fruit collectibles and they look good because I have the whole set. The Yoshi egg is added on at the end because it's my favourite collectible since I love Yoshi so much (and also it just looks nice)

Christmas! I also like the Mitten and Candy Cane in a pair like this. :p

i really enjoy gems and ores in general.
but it also fits my overall personal aesthetic.
i like the shinies and colorfulssss.

i like pears so i have 5

Back