• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What makes certain villagers more popular than other villagers

It is usually just because the more popular villagers have a unique look to them, because to be honest, you can't judge a villager by personality. There just aren't enough personality types for that. Ones like Julian or Pietro are special because you cannot get another sheep or another horse like them, and their designs are very appealing. Who doesn't want a rainbow sheep or a blue unicorn that flirts with them in their town?

Another thing is just basically what the others said. If it's popular, I must have it. It definitely will impress people who visit your town if your village is full of expensive/popular villagers.

Personally though, most of my favourites fall under the "Almost there" or "Middle of the road" category. But to each their own. I can't deny liking some of the most popular villagers just because of how unique and beautiful most of them are.

All my favorites are frogs, and the only semi popular frog as far as I can tell is lily. I don't factor in popularity, I just like how the frogs look/how they behave in rain.

However yes I have to echo many others. Popular villagers are popular because they're more unique. Many of the popular villagers have unique models, like Julian, Tia, Drago, Tucker, Zucker and Merengue. I think one thing they can do to fix this is make it so villagers can wear accessories you give them, like in hhd. This way your villagers has a completely unique appearance. I think also making it so being close friends to a villagers makes them act more different, with way more dialogue etc, I think people would be more unwilling to let go of these close friends, even if they are ugly. It's how I can to love uglies like wart jr. Because he was a life long friend in my wild world town, where being friends mattered more and made them act far different than just normal.

Back