All New Villagers Moving In on One Side of Town?

bcmii

The tense past is swaying
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
So I just restarted my town a few days ago, and I noticed something strange with the new villagers coming in. . .View attachment 208050View attachment 208051

All the new villagers moving in have moved in on one side of the town (right next to the cliff). For the most part, they are in a line down the side of the cliff. . .Not that I have a problem with that. . .

Is this just a coincidence? Cuz I've never seen anything like this. . .

I actually REALLY like it being set up like this, but the problem is that one of the villagers on this side is Bella, whom I really don't like. I'm afraid that if I get her to move, the next villager to come in won't move into the same area, but rather in the middle of my town, and thus messing things up. . .

Of course, I still have 2 more villagers who need to come in, and there is no guarantee that they'll move on that side.

I don't know what to do, I guess I have to choose between different villagers or good town layout. . .

Edit: Sorry for the low-quality pics, I just didn't feel like going through the work of taking a screenshot and transferring the picture over.

Last edited:
vU1s6EL.jpg
The same thing happened in one of my towns.When I started the town,all five of the villager houses were located in that area by the beach and just about every other villager that moved in afterwards plotted a house there too.A couple of villagers plotted near the town hall but with just a bit of plot resetting they also wound up by the beach.

If you updated to Welcome Amiibo, you can throw down patterns in a grid to keep villagers from plotting there. Basically, you want a single pattern in the middle of every three by three space, or a pattern after two blank squares, whichever helps you visualize it more. X is pattern, O is whatever (nothing, trees, etc.).

XOOXOOX
OOOOOOO
OOOOOOO
XOOXOOX

If you updated to Welcome Amiibo, you can throw down patterns in a grid to keep villagers from plotting there. Basically, you want a single pattern in the middle of every three by three space, or a pattern after two blank squares, whichever helps you visualize it more. X is pattern, O is whatever (nothing, trees, etc.).

XOOXOOX
OOOOOOO
OOOOOOO
XOOXOOX

Interesting . . .I may have to try that.

Nice map, really! Love where you put your house!

I prefer villagers all in one area or side of the map.

I'm jealous! ;p

Back