• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Leila

Arjh

Lost soul
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Does anyone else like Leila or is it just me?
I actually go out of my way to catch cheaper bugs like the emperor butterfly just so I can sell them to her and make a little bit extra bells even covering my island trip fee.
I actually think it's really cute how happy she is when you do play with her.

So I was just wondering if anyone else plays with Leila apart from just to get coupons?

Haha, seconding the PP. I avoid Leila entirely lol.

I think she is vewy cute and that her parents, Kapp'n and Leilani, are teaching her well at an early age. I rarely leave the island without selling her something, even moray eels, sunfish, of course bass, squid, etc. When I clear the island of shells to promote more coral, I sell them to her. I especially like that little movement she does at the very end. She's so pleased to be noticed and for me to play her little game with her. :rolleyes:

I just sell when it's an initiative or if I want to clear the island beach of shells.

I'm a big meanie. ;)

I don't dislike her as a character. In fact, I find her to be pretty cute and being taught well at a young age. ;)

But the exchange rates are garbage. I'd rather just put my sharks, fruit, etc. in my basket and sell them at Re-Tail to cover my trip expense and get a substantial profit to boot. With selling to Leila, you may barely cover the cost of your trip, but why? Just sell at Re-Tail and it eclipses the need for Leila entirely.

The only reason I ever sell to her is if I'm in a hurry to get off of Tortimer's, which is rare since I usually only visit when I have some time on my hands. :)

I never talk to her either. I always use the basket thing and make multiple trips to make money

She's a cutie! I always make sure to sell her a little something when I visit the island :) I know a lot of people dislike her because she doesn't pay much, but I mean... she's just a little kid, so it makes sense that she doesn't have a lot of bells to give you ^^;

Although I like how the island has better resources and easier to organize than in town, I don't like selling things to her. Even the most expensive items won't spew out 1,000 Bells, but you can get more at the Re-Tail. If she paid just as much as Reese, I would be at the island all day, but there wouldn't be any fun doing that.

I just want to steal her little plastic shovel and whatever trinkets she has nearby.

I rarely play with Leila. I only play with her if I go back in and have some things that aren't worth much bells.

It's nice to know I'm not the only one who likes Leila :blush:

When I go to the island I try to bring home nothing that costs less than 8000 bells so anything else that I catch goes to Leila. I might not make much but it's still a wee bit extra and makes her happy.

She's adorable. And I think she's kinda helpful, I mean sure, she doesn't pay tons of bells for the
stuff you give her, but even if you just get a few bells for some not so valuable bugs or shells, it's
a few bells more then you had before. And money is money, right? Also whenever you talk with her
and let her buy something from you, she's always happy afterwards and that's a nice thing if you
ask me (especially since it looks like she's the whole time alone and be glad when someone has
time for her). I like her.

I think Leila gives 5% of the price Reese would offer, low but I sell her everything under a certain amount - so if I am doing a 'bug run' its anything under approx. 6k.
If I'm under pressure & need to do a fast trip, I'll sell her everything under 1K.
I store all in the basket until I have a pocket full, just to keep the dialog to a min.

It mounts up, I'm surprised some players hardly talk to her. Plus as another poster said, we get selling to her as an incentive for meow coupons.

Back