• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Thoughts on Time Traveling???

bcmii

The tense past is swaying
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
So. . .After nearly 3 years of working on my Animal Crossing: New Leaf town, I decided to reset. I had come so far in the game, had collected so many things (including several rare things that I'll probably never get back). I reset because really my town had become a mess beyond repair. It was overgrown with flowers, I had poorly panned the locations of the PWPs, etc.

But that's beside the point. . .

Anyways, now that I've started in my new town. . .I've had a desire to time travel. I guess that I've become impatient with the game, thinking about what I used to have and trying to regain all that. For example, when I'm supposed to get an upgrade from Tom Nook, I always want to skip a day ahead, so that the next day I can schedule the next upgrade, etc.

I honestly don't feel like going through the normal time just to get back to where I was, but I'm honestly a bit scared about time traveling. I've heard things about it corrupting the game and making villagers move and whatnot.

Honestly, though, In my new town, I've only done it once, going two days ahead to accomplish a certain task. Really I didn't get the same satisfaction that I did the first time around, when I accomplished the task in normal time. Perhaps it has something to with the fact that the first time around, everything was new to me and I didn't know what to expect in things.

What do you guys think about TT, do you think it's OK (in small amounts obv.), or should I avoid it at all costs?

I TT all the time, and in big amounts. I don't have the time to play everyday because I'm in my senior year, so I tend to play in bursts and thus time travel a lot to speed forward the villagers moving in and out process. I TT to get my dreamies as well, if I can't buy them here. It doesn't bother me much, to be honest, but I understand some players want to experience the game as it should - in real time, for the real deal. But because of my circumstances and how often I play, I tend to jump into the future a lot to get what I want before I put the game away for a few days.

If you've already played the game in full, go for it! There is something wonderful playing day by day, but now you can take your chance to create! I TT now I've played for years, making my dream town, finding a season, moving in and out villagers. As long as you have fun~

my thoughts: idc, let people do whatever they want. both methods in any capacity are valid, and anyone who says otherwise needs to tone down their arrogance

Im finding myzelf with a lot of indecisiveness after resetting aboit tt'd. Modtly i do it to speed up the fossil process/getting the nook highly upgraded store.

I like to tt day by day but I do it through the system settings rather than the game itself. I've tried both playing normal and tting but found I lost interest if I played it normally, having done peach basic daily task I got bored.
At the end of the day you could try both methods and just see which one you prefer.

Depends on if you're more interested in the result or the journey to get there. Personally, if there's something I really want right away, I'll time travel to get it quicker, but if it's something I don't really mind waiting for, I'll let the time pass normally. I go on a case by case basis, not an all or nothing rule. Sometimes if I really wanna get a lot done at a time I'll use TT to accomplish that, other times I just want to chill and go about my daily routine and be done playing. If you feel time traveling for a specific villager move in, a specific PWP, or a specific upgrade is worth it, then do it, otherwise, if you can wait then why not? I time travel all the time but never usually more than at the most a month or two ahead and haven't had any issues yet. Don't know what would happen if you went beyond that.

Do whatever you like, it's your game. No one should ever judge you for how you want to play the game.

For me, the whole point of Animal Crossing is that it takes place in real time so I don't time travel.

Your game, your time, your choice. ;)

I myself am scared to time travel. I don't want to screw up my town!

But you do you! It's your town!

In the beginning I time travelled a lot, but now I never do it anymore. But it is your game your choise.

I've never time travelled before (didn't even know it was possible until I found this forum back in August lol). If I did that I would feel bad, like I cheated. I'm not calling any time travelers cheaters, this is just how I feel, but you already unlocked most of the things so if you want to time travel, do it! Just not so much before you end up ruining things lol

I only do it when plot resetting villagers or when I'm in the mood to farm pwp requests.

Time traveling isn't legitimate, but it's not cheating nor is it bad to sell stuff obtained strictly through time traveling. I do it a lot, not just to rush through expansions and orders, but also to stick with the time of the year I enjoy most.

There are a few members of the AC Community that are bothered by others time traveling and/or selling what they got through time traveling. There are a lot that hate time traveling, but are okay with others doing it. For me, I'm okay with you time traveling, but as long as you know the consequences of time traveling. It's not about the virtual economy. It's about what happens in your town.

i time travel because i can't play every day and i like to get things done and still be able to play the game at an okay pace. i mostly focus on decorating my town, back when i played the game way more like you're "supposed" to (?? idk what other words to use but basically helping villagers, selling fruit and beetles, watering flowers, catching insects and fish for the museum etc.) i almost never time traveled. i would only change the hours (for shop hours, meetings with villagers and mail usually) and never the days if i time traveled back then lol

i think it depends on how you like to play the game, some people get more bored of playing when they time travel while some people think it's a better way to play the game lol.
in my second and third town i really didn't feel like playing the start of the game (bc it's Slow) so i time traveled through the first few weeks of getting the town up and running w/ shops, being accepted as mayor, house payments and whatever else you have to do in the first few days.

I time travel a lot actually. I can't keep playing a single game for a season, let alone a year! So, time travelling gets me to the events that I miss while I'm on a "hiatus" from the game. I don't condone it as I am a user of TT myself. But, I would definitely recommend staying away from it if you want to experience the game from day to day, season to season.

Back