• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

WIP Dream town of Acorn - Reviews needed~

kuri

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Silver Mailbox
Feedback
100% (102) +
Hey guys, I'm looking for some constructive criticism on my town Acorn.

4D00-008F-E7B1

It's a forest town with 4 character homes.

Kuri: Mayor (House is a cafe, birthday kitchen, library, garden shop, school room, cozy bedroom.
Cake: Museum owner (House is a museum).
Tea: The pumpkin boy (Has a witchy house)
K-bun: Preppy/sweet (Has a Japanese Arcade, sweet cafe, clothing shop, garden cafe, beach room and island room.

I made rooms that I really enjoyed making, there isn't too much for a theme for an entire house except Cake's and Tea's house.

The town is dark with snowy weather (but no snow on the ground).
I'm not sure about the time of year, I wanted to do a stormy summer night as well.

Let me know what you think, I really haven't shared my dream town.. heh.

Right off, I'm not feeling the pavement pattern you've set down outside, doesn't really seem like a forest town kind of thing to me.
For K-bun, nice house overall but I think your main room is overdone on the pink, see if maybe you can find a different floor in a complementary color to offset that. Cake's house is pretty good, wouldn't change anything inside, but maybe do either castle or modern style to make it look more like a museum on the outside and pick exteriors to match (I'm thinking concrete for modern and fancy for castle) and work from there. A lot happening with Kuri, not sure what to make of it all. For Tea, I think the house would benefit from the various sweets exterior pieces, make him like the Hansel & Gretel witch. Otherwise very enjoyable.

Back