• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Cool. My brother restarted my town.

Pancake225

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Iam so sad and angry.
After all the hard work I put into my town , my brother gets angry from me [Because of an argument about who has the highest mark lmao] and simply restarts my town.
I had the perfect town with the perfect fruit. Now it's all gone.
Iam so mad and sad. I might cry lmao. It took me 6 days. Yes you heard it right. 6 DAYS of resetting my map to find the most suitable one for me.
Honestly idk what to say. Iam just shocked and wanted to share. Lol :confused:

Last edited:
I said it before, and I'll say it again. Everyone in my family knows not to touch anything of mine: not my phone, not my tv, computer, 3DS, movies, Blu-Ray player or ANYTHING of mine, or they die a most painful death. I'm INSANELY protective of my stuff and they don't want to invoke my anger. If my brother did that to me, they'd never find his body.

Sorry, he did that to you. I don't have much to offer to help. I do have some cherries and peaches if you want some.

Last edited:
I said it before, and I'll say it again. Everyone in my family knows not to touch anything of mine: not my phone, not my tv, computer, 3DS, movies, Blu-Ray player or ANYTHING of mine, or they die a most painful death.

Sorry, he did that to you.

Yeah, otherwise they might be jerks to your friends on the forum... :mad:

Did you fight him in revenge? This is very destructive behavior done by your brother.

Why would he even do this?

Wait, aren't you the one who said your map is the similar to mine? Well, that sucks. I was planning on visiting you at some point. :(

and this is exactly why I do not let my siblings or just anyone for that matter get ahold of my 3ds or phone or just anything personal. i know where anything i want kept to myself is at all times.

just be cautious now from now on, I'm sorry that this has happened to you and I wish you only the best <3

Ahhh that stinks, I'm sorry that your brother got his hands on your system and the game and restarted it and erasing your progress that you put into especially with the perfect fruit and whatnot. I'm sorry he did that to you though! That's hardly unfair especially if it's about the argument of a high mark on something like that. :/

Also if you need any oranges or any other fruits, let me know!

I am so sorry. Hopefully you can get your stuff back. I would be willing to give you a few items of any for free. Literally anything. Or bells. You can Just pm me if you would like! totally know the feeling... A girl i used to babysit was playing on my ds before, and reset my town on WW T_T omg i was so upset, im not sure it ive touched ww as much after that.. thank god new leaf came out a couple years later. XD

Last edited:
me and my sister have both had arguments over our town when we shared one cartridge
but i would never reset the town no matter how unhappy i was with it thats just cruel

Let me just say something. My first town is nearly four years old and has the perfect layout, all the rare items/hybrids I want, 40 million Bells, a fully expanded house, and a lot of gold badges. If my little brother ever reset my town, I would literally go crazy from anger. He would have to book it to Canada to escape my wrath. I would just be so sad and angry. I'm so sorry this happened to you. :(

I said it before, and I'll say it again. Everyone in my family knows not to touch anything of mine: not my phone, not my tv, computer, 3DS, movies, Blu-Ray player or ANYTHING of mine, or they die a most painful death. I'm INSANELY protective of my stuff and they don't want to invoke my anger. If my brother did that to me, they'd never find his body.

Sorry, he did that to you. I don't have much to offer to help. I do have some cherries and peaches if you want some.

Let me just say something. My first town is nearly four years old and has the perfect layout, all the rare items/hybrids I want, 40 million Bells, a fully expanded house, and a lot of gold badges. If my little brother ever reset my town, I would literally go crazy from anger. He would have to book it to Canada to escape my wrath. I would just be so sad and angry. I'm so sorry this happened to you. :(

Oh my. That's a bit...I don't even know the word...

Also, I hope you have an even better experience with your new town (if you do decide to build it up again, that is). What are you naming your new town anyways?

I'm so glad my family respects me when it comes to making my town or other games. They know I worked hard.

I can totally see how it would be extremely frustrating if someone else deleted your town. If this were the GameCube Version, it may not be as bad due to how few items there are and how limited customization is. But New Leaf has even more.

Ah, the benefits of living alone....

Ah, the benefits of being an only child. :p

Major condolences OP, that really sucks. My suggestion is after your mourning period, attempt to rebuild what you had with help from TBTers! It won't ever be the same as before the reset but maybe you can take this as an opportunity to build something similar, but fresh and new to what you had before.

IK I can't just paint a smiley face on this situation and leave it at that, as that's such a brutal loss, but I'm just giving advice based on what I'd do if something similar ever happened to me (God forbid)!

Edit: Also it's lowkey not ok to condone violence towards someone else because of resetting a town. IK that Marshalfangirl and Happytails are most likely speaking in a hyperbolic tone and wouldn't actually kill or harm their siblings, but you don't know in this day and age so I'm covering my bases :\

Last edited:
Back