• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

How do the school and other similar buildings work when it comes to the villagers?

WitchOfMiracles

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Silver Mailbox
Lobo
Tasty Cake
I originally got HHD when it first came out but I stopped playing after a little while and sold the game. Later, while looking around for AC-related stuff, I found screenshots of villagers talking and interacting in settings like a classroom. I then realized that these were screenshots from HHD. It looked pretty neat, so I was wondering, how do these events and buildings work? Can you have certain villagers that will always be in these buildings doing stuff together, or is the assortment of villagers and timing of these events random? Is it in any way similar to New Leaf where you can scan in amiibo and have any villager you want living in your village, like, could I scan in villagers I want and have them always be in the school together? How does it all work? Thanks in advance! :)

Last edited:
I just got the game yesterday and unlocked the school, so I can help! Once you design the school, you can visit it at any time and see random villagers appear in the school and take on the role as a teacher or student. In my school, I separated it by making it half a classroom and half cafeteria, so some villagers are in their seats "learning" while others are sitting at the tables "eating". It's really cute, and when you talk to them, they talk about school related things like "when is recess?" Or "please don't call on me etc". The villagers that appear are random, and the villagers that you designed houses for will appear. And yes, it works for the cafe, and hospital too, except I haven't unlocked the hospital yet lol.

But you can't scan in villagers to add them to the school or cafe, you can only scan in villagers so they can become a client and you can design a house for them, or when you're visiting a villagers house, you can scan someone in and they'll come and visit that villager too.

Hope I helped! :)

Ah I see, that does sound nice, I wish you could see all your dream villagers going to school together though instead of just a random assortment! Thanks so much for the info. :)

no, you can scan in villagers that you want in your buildings on "main street" and they'll always be there. you can customize their outfits and all. they play different roles. for example in the school you have teachers/students, in the restaurant you have waiters and in the hospital you have doctors/patients. its a really cute aspect :)
i'm pretty sure they stay there no matter what if you scan them in, but they may rotate, i'm not 100% sure

Last edited:
no, you can scan in villagers that you want in your buildings on "main street" and they'll always be there. you can customize their outfits and all. they play different roles. for example in the school you have teachers/students, in the restaurant you have waiters and in the hospital you have doctors/patients. its a really cute aspect :)
i'm pretty sure they stay there no matter what if you scan them in, but they may rotate, i'm not 100% sure

Oh really? That sounds pretty close to what I had in mind, I may give the game another try then if I can choose which villagers get to be there! Thanks for the info. :)

yeah lmao, that's what I said

Last edited:
yeah lmao, that's what I said

you said that you can't scan them into the school, etc. but you can ~

edit: just double checked, and the 3 villagers i scanned in last night are still in the school! :)

Last edited:
you said that you can't scan them into the school, etc. but you can ~

edit: just double checked, and the 3 villagers i scanned in last night are still in the school! :)

I want to thank you for this info, I'm definitely going to think about buying three copies of HHD for my brothers and myself sometime soon now! :) I'd love to see my favorite villagers all doing these cool activities together!

Yep, you can scan them in. Also in any of the other houses you can invited a few people to stay over at someone's house as well, so you can make that couple you've always shipped be in the same house. =D It's nice for the people's houses who are business, so ones that want you to make a club or restaurant you can have people over who interact with the environment and make it more lively. =]

Back