• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Mafia Assassin/Incognito Games?

amazonevan19

DLELELEWOOOOP
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
1404-3604-3427
Coco
New Leaf Token
November Birthstone (Topaz)
Blue Hybrid Pansy
Lobo
Leif
One of my favorite alternative types of mafia games on another forum I play on is "assassin." The premise is that someone on the forum controls an anonymous account and posts clues about themselves and who they are going to target. The "cops" and other forum goers attempt to deduce the person's identity. Here's an example.

So would y'all be interested in something like this? I also wanted to float this in case the mods have some questions or issues with it.

I would love to implement this for my Celebrity TBT Big Brother Mafia (which I plan to do at some point). I'm not sure if the staff would allow it, though, which is a shame because this would actually be perfect.

I clicked on it and Im confused..can you explain like im a six year old please

-someone on the forum gains control of an anonymous account. The example one is "Incognito" so I'll refer to it as such.
-they post a new game where they "kill off" members of the site and leave clues as to who their next victim will be.
-5 cops sign up and have the power to protect a forum member from harm.
-If the cop protects someone successfully, Incognito is forced to divulge a clue as to their identity.
-Once enough clues are gathered about Incognito, the cop has the power to "accuse" who they think is Incognito.
-If a cop is wrong once, they receive a black mark. Two black marks, and the cop is out of the game.
-Incognito wins when all cops are out. The cops win if they figure out who Incog is.

Since this forum is considerably larger than HSD, maybe it'd be a good idea to limit how many people the assassin needs to kill before winning.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I would love to implement this for my Celebrity TBT Big Brother Mafia (which I plan to do at some point). I'm not sure if the staff would allow it, though, which is a shame because this would actually be perfect.

Interesting. Why would it not work out? The whole multi account thing? HSD has that rule too but since "ownership" of the Incognito account is only temporary, it doesn't break that rule (at least for us).

okay, so when you said members of the site you mean people active in the mafia or the whole site? we have lots of members!

Interesting. Why would it not work out? The whole multi account thing? HSD has that rule too but since "ownership" of the Incognito account is only temporary, it doesn't break that rule (at least for us).

I don't wanna spoil it, but an anonymous account could serve as a kind of mini-game during the Night to keep the players busy. It felt really empty, and something like that would keep the game more active. There are a lot of possibilities with that in mind.

okay, so when you said members of the site you mean people active in the mafia or the whole site? we have lots of members!

On HSD it can be anyone on the website, since the active membership there is a bit small. Here it'd probably be a good idea to limit it to active members, either of the website as a whole or just mafia. It wouldn't be fun if Incog kept killing random people who haven't even visited since 2014 ;)

I'm pretty sure the forum is 100% against so-called "duplicate" accounts. It wouldn't be allowed.

Or, you, evan, as the host, can be the controlled account. All the assasin had to do is pm you their words and you post it , yeah? if they do not allow it here

Or, you, evan, as the host, can be the controlled account. All the assasin had to do is pm you their words and you post it , yeah? if they do not allow it here

That'd actually be a good workaround. You could post their PM in a quote or something.

Ooh that could actually work. Good thinking Bianca.

If I get more interest I could start up TBT's first ever assassin game shortly.

Damn, this is a great, great idea. You should really do it, it would be fun for the community! And you will be known in TBT History as The first user to debut Assassin on TBT.

Ooh people actually want this. Sweet. I'll run with Bianca's idea and have myself be the conduit through which the assassin posts. The OP for the first game will be written by yours truly, but after that it'll be the anonymous assassin speaking. :)

I'll also set the limit of targets to something reasonable so the game doesn't last forever. (Yeah the cops have 10 guesses altogether but there's thousands of members here on TBT so there should be another way for the assassin to win. That was one of the weaknesses of the HSD assassin games IMO.)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Game is up. First person to PM me gets to be TBT's first forum assassin. Muahahaha

I was almost the first assassin, because Evan misinterpreted my words of wanting to be one soon :p

Last edited:
Back