• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Beetle Bells

?

• Total voters

Haskell

Saving for a username change KEK
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
0000-0000-0000
So I'm wondering how much IGB people get per island trip from catching beetles (and sharks)?

I usually get 200k-300k. Working on spending less time there and getting more bells.

During the summer it was over 300K because expensive bugs can be premium at retail. 12k for a goliath beetle at premium.
I also had my town set on bell bloom for the 1st summer so I made a lot of bells.

I used to get about 300k or more bells when I would visit the island.

Usually just over 4,000 bells. Sure beats pickin' fruit all day. ;)

I only collect the largest beetles on the palm trees, and only the highest Bell-makers off regular trees, so I make about 300K per trip, perhaps a little less? c:

Over 300k when I don't fall asleep in the middle of catching them. I'm not really in need of IGB like I used to be, nowadays I mostly go to the island to complete initiatives and only catch some extra bugs/fishes when I feel like it. I'd say around 100k :)

Last edited:
i usually get somewhere between 400k to 500k because i only keep high-paying beetles and sharks hehe... but it's been a lil while since i've gone down to the island...

I usually get around 375k+. I keep whatever I catch that's rare and above 6,000 bells (least worthy i will catch being goliath beetle) so I get a good round each island trip.

Usually between 300-400k without bell boom! I chopped down all the regular trees, got rid of the flowers, and only have 8 palm trees on my island, so the bugs usually spawn at a decent rate, whether I felt like scaring away the wharf roaches or not. I usually spend about 45 minutes to an hour, and when I was paying off my house, sometimes I made two trips per night if I was feeling really motivated.

I average about 400+, won't bring home a beetle or fish worth less than 8k, frequently get a mix of all the expensive ones

I always just bring back anything that's worth at least 8000 bells but I also like selling the cheaper bugs to Leila.
Last night I made a good amount as cyclommatus stags were selling for double at re-tail.

Around 400k. I never take Goliath beetles and I try and fill em up with mostly sharks and golden ones. I've never sold em while retail has a premium but wow that would be awesome $$

does just waiting for lazy campers count? because that's all I do at this point

(ones I catch are mainly for ticket initiatives or whatever now, so the box fills up rather leisurely)

Back