• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Beetle Bells

?

• Total voters
does just waiting for lazy campers count? because that's all I do at this point

(ones I catch are mainly for ticket initiatives or whatever now, so the box fills up rather leisurely)

Ohhh yep, I forgot the lazy camper trick! You can make a killing off that.

Around 300k-400k. Not bad, I guess, but I don't have the Bell Boom ordinance.

does just waiting for lazy campers count? because that's all I do at this point

(ones I catch are mainly for ticket initiatives or whatever now, so the box fills up rather leisurely)

What's lazy campers?

What's lazy campers?

camping villagers of the lazy personality

you can pretty much always make like over 4-6x what you would normally get selling the stuff at re-tail, just through playing their "what do I want to eat?" game

only problem is you kinda have to spam talk them until they actually bring up the game, so it'll take a bit longer for that

Last edited:
i never go beetle hunting anymore but when i still did it i usually got between 70 000 and 200 000 i think

I have the bell boom and I get between 400k to 500k a trip but I always go after 7pm so I get beetles and sharks to go for.

camping villagers of the lazy personality

you can pretty much always make like over 4-6x what you would normally get selling the stuff at re-tail, just through playing their "what do I want to eat?" game

only problem is you kinda have to spam talk them until they actually bring up the game, so it'll take a bit longer for that

Oh, ok! Thanks! Seems as time-consuming as plot scouting. lol

I would get every bug I see on the trees, so I would end up with 100k or 200k.

I usually hit the 200k-300k mark. I have sometimes hit the 300k mark by switching out my lower priced beetles for a higher priced beetle if I see some landing before I leave and such.

I only go there if I really want to get a project done or pay my house. So I usually just get what I need which is below 100,000.

usually 200-300k sometimes over if I actually take my time to sort out the good beetles. I'll usually catch until my basket and pockets are full, and then i'll trade out the ones in my pocket to be the "worst" beetles so I can get a couple more bells there at least.

I usually average 200-300k. Less than 200k if I feel lazy and keep emperor butterflies. Sometimes I don't have time to focus only on 6k+ bugs. I think limiting yourself to only 8-10k bugs is a bad use of time, since it will take you much longer and you could use that time to visit the island twice.

A full inventory (16 spaces) of hercules and golden stags is almost 200k. I can't remember how many spaces the island storage has.

Last edited:
I leave the island with the box full of insects. So I think its is over 300k.

Back