• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Do you factor in popularity when choosing your villagers?

edsett

okay cool
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Pumpkin Cupcake
I figure QR codes made it a whole lot easier on getting your favorites, but I wonder if some people still care about popularity. Before, some people wouldn't get a villager just because they're real popular lol.

Personally, Stitches would be my favorite even if he wasn't popular. :eek:

I don't care for popularity to be honest after all the villager will be in my town and I don't care what others think about them e.g. Jambette is in one of my towns and I love her even though she's one of the least popular villagers.

Yes and no,

My current villagers I actually like, it just so happened that most of them are popular. Out of all the villagers in my town right now, I think Colton is my absolute favourite, he's been with me for so long that we've become proper besties.

Not at all! I want villagers that will make me myself happy as I'm the one dealing with them

Skye was the first villager I had when I first started the game and she has been my all time favorite ever since. She made me love all the wolves now, so I'm trying to get all of them in one town :D

I only care about looks and personality, and imo, most of the most popular villagers look meh to me, except for stitches, molly, beau and maple.

Nope, I base my choices off of looks. If they just so happen to be popular than so be it.

The popularity of a villager doesn't matter for me at all. I choose the villagers I like and when my town
is full of tier 5 and/or tier 6 villagers at the end, then it's perfectly fine.

Popularity doesn't matter to me at all, but the only reason why I got Julian is because I know a lot of people want and like him (rude, I know) but that's just who I am lmao. But we actually became best friends, and he's pretty chill. He became one of my favorite villagers!

Nope. Popularity has never been a factor with my town. I only pick those who I like based on looks, and personality.

It's not a big part of my decision, but I do to a certain extent. I guess part of it is just curiosity, when I hear a villager talked about a lot, I kinda want to meet them myself but I won't just get them because of that, I still have to like the way they look, act and their house.

no, i base mine off weather i personally like them or not (like i really like gabi but she isnt popular) but also if they fit my town.

I usually don't care if I like a villager that's popular but I only really have one in my town who's tier 1, the rest of my villagers are at least tier 3 and below, to me I don't get how some aren't higher up on the list but we all have our own opinions I guess! I love every single one of my villagers regardless of tier. ^^

i don't really care if a villager is popular or not, if i like them then i like them and that's pretty much all there is to it!

I like villagers based on looks or if their interiors match with the overall theme of my towns.

Nope, I don't really care if my villagers are popular or not, thought it just so happened to turn out alot of my dreamies were popular villagers :p

Honestly, I try not to let popularity factor choose who I want to live in my town, for me, it's just the personality and looks that really does that for me. It's genuinely coincidentally that I genuinely like many of the popular villagers but come again, not all of them interest me at all whatsoever. I don't really care about the popularity at all to be honest and it's more about if they click with me or not. I have villagers that I like that are below Tier 1 and or found some that are below that I've truly grown to like and even love. A good example of that is Snake who happens to be below Tier 1 and 2 and I grown to like him. So no, the villager's popularity doesn't matter to me or factor in to who I want in my town at all.

Nope, I choose based on their looks and how it'll fit into the theme of my town. One for each personality type.

Back