Do you factor in popularity when choosing your villagers?

Nope I don't care about popularity at all. Most of the time I just let whoever move in and see if I become attached to them; the only villagers I made an attempt to get were the ones I either reeeally liked the design for or had emotions for because of previous games *cough* Walker *cough*

I don't really care about how popular my villagers. I'd only consider their popularity if I'm trying to sell/buy one. My whole town is a mix bag based on popularity. On one hand, I have some fan favorites like Kyle and Apollo in my town. On the other hand, I want Elise, who is widely considered one of the most hated villagers. I mainly want her cause I actually like her design (she's a cute monkey with glasses), but also because of how unpopular she is. Tbh, I don't like some of the top tier villagers. Not cause they're overrated or anything, but their designs don't interest me/ I hate their designs. :p

Last edited:
When I just got the game, I didn't even know things like trading for villagers and villager tier lists existed. When I found out, I really liked a lot of the popular villagers like Rosie, Marshal and Tangy. After I reset my town, I don't really care about popularity as long as I like them. The villagers I have now are: Lily, Rudy, Phoebe, Flora, Octavian, Zucker, Whitney, Stitches, Kyle and I want Lolly. Most of those are actually really popular, but I want them because I like them, not because they are popular like I did in my old town.

No shame in liking popular villagers, they have generally very lovable designs.

For me, I gravitated immediately toward the new deer species. They're my animal in spirit, so it was instant love. Currently, I have 5 deer out of ten villagers: Chelsea, Beau, Fuchsia, Diana, and Bam :)

I've successfully found at least one of each personality that fit my town. I'm so happy with my neighbours, it's now a matter of keeping them here. :rolleyes:

I don't particularly care about popularity, but I do tend to end up liking the ones that are popular. There's a reason people like them, after all.

nah, not really. though if i had a popular villager that i didn't like that was moving out i could make a quick few bucks which would be nice lmao

I don`t mind how populair a villager is. I choose them based on the way they look and how the house looks.

I usually stick with some of the villagers i start off with because i think its fate we were brought together

I used to when I first started out on here, but lately I've just gone for villagers I like the look of instead. :)

Nope. I didn't even KNOW about villager tiers for the longest time, so some of the villagers I absolutely love turned out to be popular and others not at all. So I think I have a mix of villagers from all tiers.

When I first got New Leaf I was definitely influenced by villagers that everybody else liked and it made me want to like those villagers too (like Marshal, Julian, Ankha, etc.), but I've since gotten rid of all of those villagers and I just pick them based on who I like the most! :)

Nope~
Villagers should be picked based on what YOU like, not what everyone else likes. Some of my dreamies are some characters that are like Tier 5 and 6 but I don't care because I adore them anyway.

If they're entertaining and charming, that's all that matters.

Last edited:
Back