• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

How Did You Find Out About Animal Crossing

My brother had a GameCube and got the game. When I was visiting he was telling me all about it and convinced me to start my own town on his second memory card. He didn't have to try hard. All he had to say was talking animals. LOL

I first found out about Animal Crossing from Nintendo Power. It wasn't really talked about online on most of the sites I visited at the time.

I was on the Nintendo Eshop and I saw Reggie’s house tour. I liked It because I could have my own house and customize furniture.

I was constantly bombarded with Animal Crossing New Leaf ads on the Hub's website every time I wanted to watch a new Littlest Pet Shop episode. Took six years, but I eventually got it.

Well, it was my sister who introduced me to the games. She brought wild world for herself, she also went on to get City Folk. Don't ask me how she found out about animal crossing, as I have no idea, and I doubt she remembers either

My at this time best friend had it on her Nintendo DS and I fell instantly in love with it.
Luckily my parents got me a DS Lite with Animal Crossing: Wild World for christmas,
so I was able to play with her. :3

My Grandparents have had a wii since around 2008. Mostly, they've used it for watching Netflix. But they do have a few games. I don't know how she found out about it, but my Grandma had a copy of City Folk. She played it for years until she had done pretty much everything. When I was in 4th grade or so, I asked if I could play it. I made my profile and abandoned it for years. When I came back, I thought I should get my own Animal Crossing game, so I bought my 2DS to play New Leaf. The rest is history!

I have gad animal crossing since 2015! My brother gave up on his town, but i never did! I saw a comercial for it and wanted it soooooooooo badly that i asked santa to " pretty please" bring it to my house on christmas. Im glad i did, because thats how i got into btf ( bell tree forums) and met my best friends ( bella, keely, sandy, and josiah).

I had a gamestop giftcard and saw the GC version while i was browsing and thought it looked interesting lol
i buy games mostly based on boxart LOL

It was started when i was watching few video games facts & glitches which included Animal Crossing long time ago. That grew up my curiosity about the game a tiny bit. And then back when Isabelle was announced as playable fighter in SSBU and people talked alot about it, my curiosity grew up even more. And finally when Animal Crossing: New Horizon was announced in Nintendo E3 Direct and people went crazy about it, my curiosity reached to the max and i decided to play the game a week after that. Animal Crossing: New Leaf is my first AC series i play

uh...
Uncle bought a bunch of games and put in a sd card. one of them was AC:WW. I never understood how to play that game, since i kept going to the gate where booker is. i think i was playing AC:WW illegally I wanted to go out so I gave it up for years. I kept resetting so many times. I was playing Pocket Camp at that time at least everyday once it came out.can't play anymore, i dont know where my ipad is:'( Then i heard about ACNL I decided to use an emulator to try it out ACNL. Rosie was one of my fav villager which i found in pocket camp and she was one of the starting townies! I was so happy! she has left though in that towni have her pic which will always remind me of her. I do have rosie on my other towns because i own the amiibo card for her.
so far i have 3 emulated towns and 1 physical copy of it.

I saw a commercial for Wild World on TV and instantly fell in love! I then begged my parents for a DS for my 9th birthday, haha.

My bff in highschool had it on wii lol (2009ish)
We would play together when I would go over (which was a ton)
I got back into it when I got my 3ds (2016) & then kinda gave up on it because I didn't know a lot of the tips & tricks.
Got into Pocket Camp & kinda gave that up (go figure :p)
Now i'm on my second town on my 3ds & IN LOVE with it.

In 2006 the game was displayed on a demo DS in an electronics store, where everyone could play it if they wanted to. I did and fell in love with the game.

I remember years ago my cousins were talking about an Animal Crossing game, I don't know which one but it was definitely one of the first three ones. So just about two months ago, I was wondering what 3DS games I should buy and that came to mind. I asked one of my friends if I should get that game, he said it was a lot of fun. I was going to ask for it for my birthday, but since it's the day school starts for me, I decided to just buy it then. I looked for places which had one and managed to find it at Best Buy, there were only 3 left. But yes, it was kind of a journey to me.

I used to pick up the UK Nintendo magazine at the big supermarket sometimes, and on one of the monthly features pages there was always a calendar with important dates in-game for Animal Crossing that month. I didn't own a GameCube, and I didn't really play video games (I still don't), so the concept of a game that moved in real time was absolutely new to me. I loved the sound of it.

My aunt gave my brother her old GameCube at the start of 2005, but he wasn't interested in Nintendo- his thing was Call of Duty on his Xbox 360. So the console sat on a shelf in our room gathering dust. It never occurred to me to try and find a copy of Animal Crossing. However, the Nintendo magazine was starting to hype the upcoming EU release of Wild World, and I desperately wanted March to roll round so I could finally play an Animal Crossing game. I'd been glued to my DS since I'd been given it for my birthday in October. By sheer luck, when I was helping my mum pick out my brother's Christmas presents in GameStation, I saw a slightly battered copy of Animal Crossing on the preowned shelves. So I got that as a present... although when my parents were out the house, which was frequent, I'd sneak it out and started up my town over a month before it was wrapped and left under the tree.

Back