• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

How Did You Find Out About Animal Crossing

About two weeks before my 9th birthday, I was shopping for a iPod as a birthday gift when my older sister decided to pick up New Leaf. At the time I only liked girly and pink things, so I was like "eww why are you getting a boy game"

Then when we came home, I saw my sister play the game. My mind completely changed, I made my character, and that's when ACNL joined into my life. Until now I still play.

(Obviously I'm much more noobish to the series than most people, but....we were young)

Back in the ancient times of 2005 and Blockbuster, I had begged my mom to let me rent Animal Crossing for GameCube every time we went to rent a movie. She had never let me rent games because they were more expensive. She finally caved in! However, I didn't own a memory card, so I'm pretty sure that I kept playing the same day over and over lol.

We ended up going to Best Buy to get the actual game; at the time it came bundled with a memory card. I had a fun childhood.

My friend back in 6th grade had the GameCube along with Super Mario Sunshine. She showed me Animal Crossing and we had no idea what we were doing except for the fact of we liked the hourly elevator music haha

In 2nd grade, I heard about New Leaf, and then after watching 3 vids of my fave Youtuber, (Luckily it was about a week b4 my bday) I asked my Grandma for New Leaf for my birthday. I played almost everyday, until 2015, when I focused on playing Minecraft, and I got on New Leaf late that year, to find that Punchy had left my town. I reset five minutes later, after seeing the 283 weeds in my town, my T&T Mart, and the absence of Punchy. RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP.

I had never heard of it, but I was like 10 years old (younger?) in Walmart and saw Wild World in the DS games section... Thought it looked cute, made my dad buy it for me. Glad I did! Haha, now I'm 18 and have been playing New Leaf since it came out

Last edited:
a gamecube was the first gaming system that my parents bought my siblings and i. my mom took a late night (or maybe not so late night; i was in elementary school and therefore can't be certain i'm a reliable narrator) trip to Target and bought Population Growing because she said that it was cute. she played it once. my sister and i... loved it and eventually replaced the first town she made -- i'm feeling like it was called Anywhere -- with Oink[pig icon] because i was hoping that'd give me pig characters.

i've been playing ever since, getting a DS when WW came out then a Wii for CF and a 3DS for NL. my new nintendo purchases are now contingent on Animal Crossing despite it not being the only game i play haha

When I was about 7 or 8 i was on a holiday with my family. Both me and my two sisters had each recently gotten our first 2ds’. I remember we stopped at a shopping centre and one of my sisters bought wild world. As it had 4 save slots we each had a play around on it every now and then though as my sister owned the cartridge she played most the time. It got to a point when my other sister and I both got tired or sharing the cartridge so we got our own. We played many many days, visiting each other’s towns and searching up tips and tricks. That was the beginning of my liking to the game. :D

when i was like 7, maybe 8, my brother introduced me to animal crossing city folk. little me enjoyed playing it so much! not long after that, i had received a dsi along with animal crossing wild world. i played the crap out of that game. never stopped playing animal crossing since

hi can adults add me as a friend please on animal crossing new leaf.
friend code 1650-5507-9375 player name akyleryan town london.

thanks
samantha

I think my parents bought it for me, I was around 8 I think and it was Wild World. I loved it sooo much.

Well, My father bought me a ds with 4 games. Animal crossing wild world, pokemon diamond, and some other 2 games I don't care about. I never really played it though until my cousin came and urged me to play it, as he played it too. We kept playing together and the game really grew on me at that point.

My mom bought me the Gamecube and Animal Crossing for Christmas when I was younger, I didn't play it for a long time because I also had Super Mario Sunshine to finish, but when I started playing I couldn't stop.

Two of my friends had WW and I thought it looked cool and l liked the idea of being able to visit each others towns and I've been playing it ever since

i remember it was our last day of school before the holidays and everyone brought in games, one of my friends brought in animal crossing and i watched her play it for a good couple of hours before going home and begging my parents to get it for me lol

I was 1st or 2nd grade, my brother had a wii that we both used and my uncle gave the wii to his friend to get homebrew(doesn't work anymore). We got a ton of games and decided to buy ACCF after seeing it. Pretty boring but that was and will probably always be my fav.

I never interested on playing animal crossing before... Then one day my friends bought her 3ds and it was a pink and white version if i recall i think its colour is just so cute!! and she is playing animal crossing new leaf!!
Then I tried to google out 3ds and decide to buy the console and some mario game cartridge.
I never had nintendo game console before because i think i won't have time to play it xD
and my friend said the game can be played together that's when i decide to look out for this game :)
I found at online game store, it's a pack of ACNL and HHD for 40$ then since the game arrived.. Tadaa~ I never ever took out the animal crossing cartridge ever again because animal crossing is such fun game!
I kinda regretting I never tried to play it before even thought I know the games. Thanks to my friend <3

animal crossing is the best game for me so far, love it ! >u<

My kid brother got it with his gamecube, and I kept seeing him play it and finally decided to give it a try
at the time, we shared a town, and it was TERRIBLE lmao

but I enjoyed it nonetheless, and we both play it all the time still!

I initially found out about Animal Crossing by visiting a friend's house back when I was a kid. When I arrived he was playing the Animal Crossing game for the GameCube. I thought it was really neat and got my own copy soon after so I could make my own town and so we could visit each other's towns when we visited each other's houses in real life to hang out. I really liked the GameCube Animal Crossing and still have that town on a memory card, and I even still have some patterns that my friend had made on his game all those years ago.

When I first heard the name Animal Crossing, I thought it was a game where you drive a car and avoid animals crossing the road. I didn’t really like that idea so I didn’t bother. Later on, I head from some friends that it was fun so I gave it a shot and really enjoyed it.

Back