• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

How Did You Find Out About Animal Crossing

My sister bought a DS one year and she got Wild World (just when it was released) with it, I was watching her play the game and it looked extremely fun, so I ended up getting one as well. Ever since then I've been a massive fan of the AC games.

I really don't know. when i got my 3DS, i googled some lists of best games and most popular games for it, and New Leaf was among them and the rest is history...

The first game i got was Wild World, i can't remember when it was, but i was young! I seen it in a Store we were Shopping in and Asked my Mother if i could Get it! I've been a Fan of the Series ever since then! New Leaf is my Favorite Animal Crossing Game! :)

In June 2013, I went to Target, saw cute animals on the cover, and bought. Best. Impulse. Buy. Ever.

Originally, years ago, I rented City Folk as a young girl, confused as heck the whole time. Then, when I was older, my friend starting talking about the AC series. My original argument against trying another AC game was that there was "no real plot/task". Then, a 2013 Town Tour from a random youtuber appeared in my recommendations list on youtube. I decided, "what the heck", and watched the video. Immediately I was intrigued. How could a town be so...creative? So colorful? So imaginative?

I watched a few other recommendations before closing youtube. A few days later, while shopping at Gamestop to buy a new game for a long trip, I hesitantly decided to buy New Leaf. And now I am hooked.

The day that I became a fan was only in late July of this year.

I found Animal Crossing back in 2008. My parents decided to buy a Wii for me, so they took me to the store with them to buy the console and pick out a game. I was originally going to pick some dog game (I don't remember what it was) until I saw the cover for AC:CF and decided I wanted to get that instead. :p I'm glad I changed my mind because almost ten years later here I am

My first AC game ever was Wild World, back then I read a review about it in a magazine and it sounded very interesting for me. I found the idea of having a own little town with animals as villagers quite lovely, so I bought later then a used copy of it at my local Gamestop. Took not that long at this point before I became a big fan of the Animal Crossing series.

Last edited:
I had Wild World, I didn't play it a whole lot! When I was younger I liked Super Princess Peach and Kirby etc a bit better, because I felt although the graphics we're more pleasing to the eye.
New Leaf I saw on Tumblr, immediately fell in love and got it! It was meant to be, although I would like to try the GameCube one.

Well I had already played ever single nintendo DS game and my family was going to see some movie I was not going to be interested in so I had money on me and came up with the idea of buying a game and playing it while the movie was on (sitting in the far back corner to not bother anyone) I walk into gamecrazy (my they r.i.p.) picked up the only game I didn't own and played WW for the entire movie. I was hooked. I can't belive I remember that so well.

I read about the Gamecube version in a gaming magazine (Nintendo Power?) way back in 2001(-ish) and was immediately intrigued. When I finally got my hands on it, I was instantly hooked and also got every consecutive title at release :)

Last edited:
pretty sure I found out about it on youtube? or maybe online, but I remember watching Vinesauce play it and after that I knew I really wanted the game

It was in 2008 and Blockbuster (remember those? lol) had a copy of City Folk (or known as Let's Go To The City in my country) and I decided to rent it because it looked similar to Harvest Moon and I always loved Harvest Moon. Since then, I've collected and played at least one year of all of the English main series games. I've also played and bought HHD, but I'm yet to buy Amiibo Festival lmao.

I don't even remember getting it or finding out about it. I just remember playing it when I was younger, but I assume my mother bought the game for me, because she played it as well on my DS. Thank god I played it though, or I would've never learned or been remotely interested in ACNL, which I can now say is either my second-favorite or first-favorite DS game

My friend had Wild World, and she would bring her DS to my house and let me play with it because I didn't have one at the time. I ended up falling in love with the game, so I begged my dad to get me a DS for Christmas. ♥

I think I saw it in Nintendo Power and thought it looked cool. My first game was the Gamecube one and I remember playing it almost every day for a year just to see all of the events and things. I never played a single game for that long before without losing interest so now I like to get new AC games when they come out. I haven't really tried some of the side games like Happy Home Designer or the Amiibo Party one though.

I don't remember how I got it, if I picked it out or maybe my mom bought it for me, but I started with the gamecube one and have been playing ever since. It's one of the few franchises that I'll buy as soon as it comes out no matter what.

my sister introduced me to the gamecube game when I was really young (I think wild world was already out by then, but we didn't have it?) but yeah, I grew up with the series and it's honestly been such a big part of my childhood :>

My nephew came back from visiting his dad playing Wild World before I even had a ds. I constantly wanted to play it so much it was becoming an issue, therefore my parents bought me a ds lite and Wild World to go along with it. Who needs nintendogs when I can go around making friends with virtual anthropomorphic animals?

Back