• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

How Did You Find Out About Animal Crossing

I just looked through eshop for something to buy on my birthday. Stumbled upon New Leaf and decided to buy it. Definitely a great choice! ~

I found out from an old acquaintance on Deviantart. I meet this person through a Pokemon club on there. I thought the idea of making friends with anthropomorphic animals was really neat, and I wanted the game. I got mine used but I deleted the current file, I regret that because I could have gotten villagers or items from the previous owner's file.

My friend had Animal Crossing for the Game Cube and I would watch her play all the time and when Wild World came out, I immediately bought a DS Lite and the game. I've been in love for years.

I haven't a clue! I just remember playing the GameCube version with my brother, but I don't remember when we got it or from who! It must have been my parents, they were the only ones I knew to give us games like that... but I do remember adoring it and playing the heck outta AC! Loved it ever since.

people would talk about animal crossing all over the internet and i would just be like "what is that?" by the title of the game, i always assumed the game was about animals crossing a road or something LMAO it certainly didnt sound very interesting, until one day i decided to get it. i wanted to know what the hype was all about, so my curiosity got the best of me.
before i knew it, i was playing animal crossing new leaf daily and its been one of my favorite nintendo games!

i found out about it through super smash bros brawl when i was little, but i learned more about the concept and game itself through a friend around 2013.

I got my first AC game in 4th grade (Wild World). Both my friend and I heard of it and bought copies together. Indoor recesses and playdates were spent visiting and running around each other's towns. Those are some of my best memories from that time...

I continued to play with friends through ACCF and ACNL. I can't pinpoint exactly what prompted me to buy but I'm forever grateful I did.

when the youtuber, LifeSimmer did a little lets play

She did sims 3 videos which I loved but she isn't as active anymore

Well, saw the commercial a few weeks before the launch of New Leaf, didn't know about it before that but looked interesting and I've been playing it ever since

I learned about it back in Jan of 2008 when my brother got a Gamecube for his 10th bday and it came with AC:GCN.

Tbh idk where I would be rn if we hadn't gotten that game.

Back in 2006 Wild World was displayed in our electronics store with a secured DS and I was immediately blown away.

When I was little I remember seeing it on the Gamecube, but never got it, since I somehow lost my gamecube somewhere (How??) When Wild World came out I already had DS Lite and immediately picked it up!

It was around the time that I got my first DS, the DS Lite. My mom was probably looking for titles to let me play that were fun yet safe for kids. Pretty sure she gave me the game as a gift for Christmas, so my guess is she heard about it through her co-workers or from the employees at our local game store. Good choice Mom, for hooking me onto this franchise!

I think I've heard about it somewhere, but when I first seen it being played at a friend's house (for the Gamecube), I knew I had to get it. I didn't know what it was about, but the Gyroids looked cool, and I wanted a few of them. I recently just moved, and since I don't have my old TV anymore, I tried connecting my Gamecube system to the newer TV, and played some AC... all of my villagers were still there, lmao.

I was ill one day and at home. Was watching the TV and an advert came on for Wild World. I loved it - everything from the music to the gameplay sucked me in. I can't remember if I owned a DS at the time. I then obtained Wild World (Can't remember how). Then I got City Folk not long after, then the GameCube one, then I bought a 3DS just so I could play New Leaf! I've grown up with Animal Crossing :)

when the ds just got out and I was at a bday party of my sisters friend and this dude was playing ACWW and I was watching him play and I loved the way the game looked etc (I was young asf, 2005 so 7 yrs old) and I asked for a ds with animal crossing for my bday so my parents got me a ds lite in white with a R4 card with a bunch of games including ACWW and even though I could not understand english at all and I was stuck at the tutorial for WEEKS I still really loved the game and I was walking around and stuff all day idk even know what I did but I love it and I have a bunch of memories w the game (like going to france and playing the game when I was in the hotels at night)

My grandmother bought my a gamecube for christmas when I was like 12 or so. She bought animal crossing for it randomly. She just wanted to get a game to go with it. She didn't know. Just something random lol.

Well I got it for christmas. It was the best gift I could have gotten lol.

I learned about Animal Crossing when I got the Gamecube way back. From what I remember it came with the system, at lest it was one of the first games I got on it.

Back