• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

How Did You Find Out About Animal Crossing

bcmii

The tense past is swaying
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
I know this is a bit random, but I'm just curious as to how all of you found out about Animal Crossing.

For me, Animal Crossing was always a name I had heard a lot on the internet. I had no idea what it was, and I honestly wasn't even interested in finding out. I kind of just ignored it.

Fast forward a few years to right when New Leaf was released, and I hear my friend talking about watching a Let's Play of the game by her favorite Youtuber. I watched watched maybe one episode, but lost interest, as I still didn't really know what the game was.

Skip ahead to the day after Christmas 2014. For some odd reason, I had the desire to go back and watch the video series, and this time, I actually got really interested. That same day, without any thought, I went to store and bought the game. I instantly became a huge fan of the series.

So. . . how did you guys discover Animal Crossing?

It was in 2003 (;; i am so old lol)
I was in 3rd grade and in my school library they passed out free bookmarks. One side had like a pokemon advertisement and the other was animal crossing. I thought it was so cute so a year or two later when I got a gamecube I got the game. : )

Almost everyone I streetpassed mentioned ACNL as their currently playing title. I got curious since it seemed like such a childish lame game but everyone seemed to love it. I searched it on YouTube and watched a few let's plays of the beginning and I ended up loving the concept of the game going through the motions of real life, where the date is the same as the real world and stores actually open and close at certain times. I bought it and fell in love :) No other life sim game has ever come close to beating ACNL as my fave life sim ever.

My first Animal Crossing was the gamecube one! I'm not sure how I got to play it, perhaps it was my brother who bought it... or it was me! I can't remember, I was very young ^^

I got my DS when it was just newly released, and played Nintendogs on it all the time. I also got my own computer around that time and started browsing the Internet, when I stumbled across some Nintendogs community forums. Those then led me to the official Nintendo forums (now long since gone) and it was through that that I found out about Animal Crossing Wild World. Met some folks there and we visited each others' towns, it was nice. Been playing the series ever since.

Around the time New Leaf came out, I kept seeing screenshots of it on Tumblr, and it looked like the kind of game I'd enjoy- boy was I right XD I finally got my hands on a copy in 2014, and the rest is history :D It's strange- the original GameCube one came out when I was a kid, but somehow I never heard of the series till New Leaf... the game of my dreams was right under my nose this whole time :)

For me it was a random rental on GameCube cause it was cute. I didn't like it back then. A friend of mine got me into New Leaf! Best purchase ever!

When I was younger I used to have sleepovers with my cousin and she was always playing Wild World. I thought it seemed interesting (villagers "moving"? I was really confused as to where they went lol) so I asked for it for Christmas and the rest is history

I think it was back in 2006... I could hear my boyfriend playing on his NDS all the time, and felt intrigued by that tune that played with many different "voices" ( the town tune lol ) so I asked him what was that game, he showed it to me and convinced me to try it so we could play together.

Two days later I got my own copy of ACWW =)

I first discovered it when wild world first came out and it was being advertised on television.
The adverts looked quite good so thought I'd give it a go and was pleased to find out how fun and relaxing the game actually was.

My mom bought me AC: WW back then, around.... 2007? I cant remember, I was a child back then. I used to play it all the time, (before Resetti kept bullying me ;-;)

I randomly got the Wii version for Christmas and well.... let's just say it was a good game and good series to keep my 10 year old mind interested. :p

Always saw it around but I decided to get ACNL just... because. I had the money on me and I thought, why not? Because I'd never played an AC game before this before. It's an entirely new experience, I've never had the patience for games like this but this one is quite cute. I think I used to fiddle around on another AC game on the DS that belonged to a friend I always thought it was a sort of weird game - now I'm getting too deep into this game :(

Also snatched up an on sale HHD because aaaaaa.

My brother bought City Folk for the Wii many years ago and that was the first time I ever head about Animal Crossing. Then I finally decided to get New Leaf like a year ago after seeing pictures of it. I was really late lol

My at this time best friend had the very first version of the Nintendo DS,
and with it she had Nintendogs and Animal Crossing: Wild World.
I was actually way more interested in the Nintendogs game, than Animal Crossing.
Well, I ended up wanting a DS for myself and told my Mom that I either
want a Nintendogs game with it, or Animal Crossing..
since it was christmas, she gave me both and I ended up playing Animal Crossing nonstop
with my friend, since it was like the only thing we had in common.. xD

I got my 3DS from Santa & my BFF had like 3 copies, so she gave me one with barely any data that I could reset. Thus my first town, Winter. I reset that gal because it was really messy & had a horrible layout. My favorites moved out too, but now I'm addicted to AC & love it just as much as I love me other fandoms.

I used to watch my brother play the gamecube game about 5 or 6 years ago. He eventually gave up on it. I created my own character at some point, named "Oddish". I don't remember what face my character had, but I got stuck on the working for Tom Nook section and stopped playing.

I later on bought New Leaf in March 2014 when I saw people on Miiverse playing it. I started playing the gamecube game again in October 2014. I deleted Oddish and created a new character, Patrick. I was now very interested in the games, so I got Wild World and City Folk in 2015. I still play City Folk and New Leaf fairly often, and I come back to GCN and WW from time to time.

When I was about seven years old on Christmas 2001, my mom and dad bought me and my older sister a Nintendo Gamecube, and with that game console, they bought Animal Crossing. I've played every AC game as they came out after that. Wild World was a favorite, the first time I've ever made a perfect town. My ultimate favorite is now New Leaf, which I bought when it came out, and just a few days before I had surgery on my ankle.

Back