• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

How Did You Find Out About Animal Crossing

when i was 10 way back in 2002 when AIM used to exist I had an online friend tell me all about it telling me its similar to the sims (which i was obsessed with).

a couple days later my dad took me to best buy to get something and i happened to see it and asked for it since my brother already had a gamecube...annnnd i loved it :)

My sister's boyfriend's siblings had some games they didn't want, and I got them. In there was Animal Crossing : Let's Go To The City.

My friend got it and wanted someone to play with. So I got it and have been playing it every since. I had never played an Animal Crossing game before. I have Happy Home Designer now, but I don't like it nearly as much as New Leaf. I never even wanted a DS before until I played on her 3DS.

I always sort of "vaguely" knew what animal crossing was but I'd never played any of the games before and never pursued any interest in them. But my boyfriend is a long time lover of the games and picked back up on his New Leaf file some months back to make a new villager in his town and from there started sending me screenshots and ahhhhh.... I quickly fell in love ;~;

He is terrible and spoils me and a couple days ago he informed me he'd gotten me New Leaf for crimas and we are super excited to play together and be dorks with our precious nerd children

I'd thought Animal Crossing was a baby game for a long time, but I watched a YouTuber called ZackScottGames two years ago, and watched him play it, and I thought it looked really fun; I always loved games that gave you control of what you could do, and Animal Crossing seemed perfect for it, so I bought it on the first day of that summer and got my best friend to buy it and we had a really fun summer.

And about three days later, Happy Home Designer was announced, which sucked for me because I was explicitly told that "if a new game comes out in this series like, a month after we buy this, I am not getting it for you." :p

My friends daughter had WW back in 2007 and I watched her play and had to go buy my own copy. I have loved this game since. I did buy it for GC a few years earlier but it made no sense to me so I never really played it. When I bought WW and realized what the game was actually like, and how to play I rebought one for the GC and played on that as well. I much prefer the handheld versions of the game, but after playing NL, going back to WW is near impossible for me. I tried it and the graphics are so poor in comparison that I can't play it anymore. I wish they would redo the graphics on WW and re-release the game exactly as it was, I would buy it in a second because I loved the villager personalities more in WW.

I was like 4-5 and my cousin had the first ds system and was playing animal crossing on it, I never really knew the name of the game back then but I would watch my cousin play it and I would enjoy playing it cluelessly. And ofc as a kid that age you don't know how to save, so I had many times where I would be caught up with Resetti and then sometimes not being able to play the game cuz he was too complicated ���� Then my cousin went away with her ds and never saw the game again. Fast forward to when I was 8 or something I saw in store or perhaps on TV animal crossing and I recognized the game by the character and immediately I was like OMG ITS THE GAME! The same game I played back then so I nagged my mum to buy it and I played it with my friends. We didn't really know much about, didnt know about mortgages, and after two years my friend got the T&T Emporium, with the salon we all screamed in excitement and we're amazed ���� good times when people played games, instead of now I get comments like "You still play that?" like HECK YEAH I DO!

I was in early elementary school and my sister's friend's brother had it on his gamecube. I only got to play for a little while but I wanted it after that. Didn't actually get to own a game until New Leaf though.

My youngest nephew adores New Leaf, and I made the mistake of showing an interest when he was playing at my apartment over the summer break. Cue my birthday in September, and he bought me a used copy.

I'm usually more of a JRPG type - SMT in particular - but I wasn't about to disappoint the kid, so I accepted it.

Didn't have time to actually start playing until last week, but I'm pretty sure I'm hooked now. (And damn is my nephew ever smug about it - I need to come up with town that kicks his town's behind).

I had a DS, and Nintendogs, if I remember correctly. I googled more DS games, and WW looked fantastic, so I bought it. ^_^

mii plaza! i saw a bunch of people in the " this is what i've been playing recently " part saying that they played ACHHD! so i got it for christmas

Uhh just saw commercials about it on TV, it seemed interesting to me but I didn't buy it. Then I saw a youtuber called chuggaaconroy do an LP about it and got even more interested in it. Then 3 years later I asked my parents to buy it. :lemon:

I remember being the one to convince my family to buy the game. It was one of the few games they released for the GameCube, and I thought it looked really fun when I read it in the Nintendo Power issue that had a blurb about it. At the time, I thought you'd be able to convince the animal villagers to live in the actual house you move into. What a surprise the game turned out to be! Nothing like I thought, but ten times better! I've been hooked ever since. Skipped over Wild World because I didn't have a DS at the time, and Home Designer because I personally saw no point to it as a stand-alone game; otherwise, I've been here since the beginning, baby. ^^
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

My friend actually had Wild World when it came out and she let me play It, I asked my Mum if she could buy one for me :) itd crazy gow long ago that was! And I'm still obsessed with AC and it will always be my favourite! :)

When I was 7 to 9 years old I used to go to swimming classes. Then, my mum would take me to the supermarket and I would always look at the Wii section in the store. I looked at the AC games continuously, though for some reason I never bought them. So when I got my 3DS in 2013, ACNL was the first game I had in mind which I had to buy! :)

My best friend had played and loved PG, WW, and CF and once I got a 3ds I asked her to recommend games for me to play One of those recommendations was Animal Crossing So I bought New Leaf and I've been in love ever since

When I was younger the Gamecube has been out for a while, and I was really wanting it, but we couldn't afford it at the time, but I got it in christmas of 2002 (i was 5), so Animal crossing was already out in NA, and my mother LOVED how it looked. So she bought it for herself and got me super smash bros along with Mario sunshine. My mom would always play animal crossing and I would watch, or she would show me how to play. As a 5 year old, reading wasn't my strong point at the time.. So it was super difficult to play. Ever since then, if I had the console my mom would buy me the animal crossing game. So I had Wild World, and New leaf (though I bought it on my own)...

I read about it in a video game magazine. That was the N64 version and it was called Animal Forest but I thought it looked cool and the way the described the game made it sound really unique. Sadly, the N64 version never released in the west.

The first one I've ever seen was Wild World in a GameStop. I saw cute animals and it was over.

I had a GameCube at the time but somehow missed that version?

Last edited:
Back