• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

I don't need the bells, but...

Nenya

I hope you dance!
Apple 🍎
Lemon 🍋
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Mystery New Balloon Token
Orange Heart Balloon
Hot Cocoa
Blue Hybrid Rose
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Kapp'n Christmas Doll
Apple (Fruit)
November Birthstone (Topaz)
ぶ
I just cannot resist fishing when I see the big shadows or the fins, either in the river or the ocean. I have been playing for about 1 1/2 years but I still get a thrill when I pull an arapaima, dorado, or any of the sharks and high bells fish out.

Can anyone relate? Or share what gives you a thrill or satisfaction in the game...

Yep, I always stop (or try to) when I see a large shadow. Sometimes I glimpse a large shadow swimming away because I accidentally scared it while running and I get so angry because I know what it is knowing the season and it's worth a lot (in my case I do still need the bells bahaha) :'D

Same! I stop what I'm doing to immediately whip out the fishing rod and try to catch a finned or big shadow haha I just like the satisfaction of catching them (tho the bells don't hurt either :p )

Even if you don't care about the bells you could always make a small hoard of them, so whenever that annoying villager decides to ask for a rare fish you can just pull it out of your hoard. XD

Even if you don't care about the bells you could always make a small hoard of them, so whenever that annoying villager decides to ask for a rare fish you can just pull it out of your hoard. XD

Hey, thanks for the good reminder! I used to do that when I first started the game, then my inventory got too full of other things, so I sold them. But I just created my fourth character so I should have plenty of room for a few nice fishies, right? As soon as she gets the secret room...

I am the same, even if I am visiting a friend and I see a large shadow i whip out my rod lol

I think that's the only time I ever fish anymore. Unless I've started a new town and want to fill the museum. I was on a side character in my main town the other night and saw a big shadow in the river and got excited because big fish = money!

I actually enjoy fishing and find it relaxing especially at night with the 11pm or 1am music.

Gosh I totally feel that haha. If I don't have my rod on me, then I just leave it (albeit a bit reluctantly) but if I do I'll almost always try to fish the big thing up haha. If there's anyone that doesn't do that. I'd just be wondering what sort of willpower they have.

Fishing and catching bugs are literally my favorite things ever on the game, other than customizing my town. It is so relaxing. Perfect for my anxiety (as long as I don't scare a big fish away by accident)

Me neither! Except I've gotten better about resisting big shadows since 97% of the time they're ****ing black or sea basses. ;)

Yeah,I always cast a line when I see a big,unusual shadow in the river.I've caught a ton of rare fish just from always carrying a fishing rod being a little observant.The rare river fish seem to generate near specific bridges in my towns.I don't spend a lot of time on the beach but it's always fun to catch the odd shark or blue marlin.

I have such a hoard for this exact reason. Bugs and fish - and sometimes customized furniture.

Super convenient!

Invest in the hoard!

Yes I stop to catch it to keep up my fishing skills. Store them in the secret closet and wait for premium days or a bug off. Bug off is the perfect time to clear the closet while the villagers hunt for bugs. Noticed that on bug off day a lot of rare fish appear.

I also keep some fish for villagers request and for future fish off when it anything goes.
I'll give the villagers some fish but avoid the sharks because it takes up too much room.

It will soon be time to start collecting fish for Harvest Day.

Yes I stop to catch it to keep up my fishing skills. Store them in the secret closet and wait for premium days or a bug off. Bug off is the perfect time to clear the closet while the villagers hunt for bugs. Noticed that on bug off day a lot of rare fish appear.

I also keep some fish for villagers request and for future fish off when it anything goes.
I'll give the villagers some fish but avoid the sharks because it takes up too much room.

It will soon be time to start collecting fish for Harvest Day.

I was JUST thinking today that I want to start planning fish / beehives / mushrooms etc for Franklin!
I want to get some of the food items. Franklin may or may not get all his cooking ingredients ;)

- and I totally notice more rare fish on Bug Off days.

Back