• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Mafia TBT Newbie Mafia IX - The Great Meme War - Canceled

N e s s

Waiting for something to happen?
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
う
Holiday Candy Cane 2016
Red Feather
Father's Day Carnation
Cherry (Fruit)
Happy Home Designer Token
Orange Mote of Flame
Apple (Fruit)
January Birthstone (Garnet)
Small Mailbox
LET THE MEME WARS COMMENCE!
coollogo_com-7961205.png

Introduction - Basic Rules of Mafia

In its simplest form, Mafia is a game of uninformed majority (Town) versus Informed Minority, (Mafia). This is seperated into the 2 teams, Town and Mafia. Mafia know who each other are, and can coordinate their actions privately. Town players on the other hand don't know anything other than their own role. To compensate, there are many more Town than Mafia. The objective of the game is for Town to eliminate by killing or lynching all the Mafia before it is too late. The game is divided into repeating phases of Day and Night. Day revolves around voting for a player to be lynched. Night is reserved for the Mafia to make their kills and certain players to use their special abilities.

*I'd also like to note that this game would preferable accept players who have only played under 5 games or completely new players, but it is also fine to sign up if you feel confident in your current play in mafia.

WARNING

Mafia requires time commitment. Atleast 30 minutes of solid effort should be required every day. As part of the time commitment, Mafia requires a great deal of reading. Most people are actually quite poor at reading comprehension and playing Mafia is a great way to improve your reading ability, as well as your writing and ability to think and argue logically.

Playerlist - With Filters

Click on any of the player names and you'll see all their posts in this thread

1. Chick
2. ThomasHasn'tPlayedACNL
3. Toadsworthy

Prods are marked by a *

Players still alive: N/A

Mafia Remaining: N/A

Mafia Killing Power: N/A

N/A

N/A

Set-up information

This game will require 10-15 players. If you have any friends who you think would be interested, refer them to the game! This is actually a really fun game once you give it a shot, let your friends know on or off site!

This game is a Semi-Open set-up. This means that the roles in the game are revealed, but not all of the are guaranteed to be within the game. Please see KermitTea's post below for all of the role PM's.

Game set-up rules

PMs:
PMs and other out-of-thread communication are NOT allowed UNLESS you are explicitly told otherwise. Any players doing so will be modkilled without warning.

Activity:
You must contribute one substantial post at least once every full day/night cycle. This means that if you only make one post, it needs to be more substantial than simply saying "I agree" or "RIP". If you post multiple times, this rule may may be less strict. There may be exceptions to this if day/night phases progress rapidly at any stage in the game.

Civility:
While mafia is known to get heated sometimes, I as a host ask that you please do not personally insult other players personally. This includes namecalling, profanity, shaming, bullying, etc. Arguing about the game is acceptable, but please know that there is a fine line between being rude and playing the game.

Replacements:
This game uses replacements. Replacements will be made up until the end of Night 2.

Time Cycle and Phases:
The game will generally follow a 48 hour day and 24 hour night cycle. If I am not online and available to post when a phase is set to end, the game will be paused until I can post. No actions will be accepted during this period. The final deadline will always be 8:00 PM CDT. (9 PM EDT, there will be a counter this game).

Day:
During Day, the town must choose a lynchee. If the number of votes reaches Majority, that person is lynched. Day will always be 48 hours long.
Night will follow after the lynch post has been published by me.

Night:
During Night, you can send in night actions. Night always ends after 24 hours, regardless of when all actions are submitted. This to prevent activity speculation as to who used what.

General Mafia Rules​

Cheating:
Cheating includes (but is not limited to):

1. Posting after death. You may have one polite goodbye post, but it may not contain any potentially game-changing information.
2. Ruining the game by doing something like handing out your mafia's member list to the town.
3. Logging on to someone else's account to get their role or looking over someone's shoulder to get their role.
4. Comparing role PM timings to try and work out roles.
5. Posting or sharing any PM you receive from a host without permission.
6. Getting yourself modkilled to help your team. Your non-majority-decided death may not be used as a bargaining chip.
7. Signing up more than once using smurf accounts.
8. Offering favours/items/bells outside of the game for a ingame information.
9. Sharing accounts with other players.
10. Breadcrumbing the specific phrasing of your role PM. Do not compare the phrasing in your role PM to prove your alignment. You can claim the abilities you have, but you can't use the specific phrasing of your role PM.
11. Posting a false PM phrased as if you received it from the host. You can still fake roleclaim, but you cannot make it look like you are posting a PM you received from the host.

YOU MAY ONLY COPY AND PASTE TEXT FOR USE AS EVIDENCE. POSTING SCREENSHOTS OR ANY OTHER NON-TEXT EVIDENCE IS CONSIDERED CHEATING. THE ONLY EXCEPTION IS EVIDENCE THAT IS PUBLICLY AVAILABLE FOR ALL PLAYERS TO CHECK (eg. post counts in a thread). IT IS BEST IF YOU CHECK WITH ME FIRST.

Cheating is not tolerated here as it ruins the game for everyone. The mods and admins here CAN take action and at worst is punishable by site ban.

Mod Font:
This is the mod colour. It is reserved for the host. Please do not use it.

Question Font:
This is the question colour. Use it to ask the host questions about the rules in public. You can also PM me.

Editing:
Editing is not allowed for any reason. Editing will result in a warning. After that, you will be modkilled. While I ask for everybody to post as concisely as possible, post again if you have to edit anything. The board software automatically merges the posts anyway.

Inappropriate posts:
Mafia games can get heated and emotional at times. Please keep it civil and remember that what happens in Mafia should stay in Mafia. Don't let things wash over to the rest of the forum, it's only a game.

Observers' Chat:
While spectators will be fuelling speculation, and dead players will be keen to give valuable "insight" into the game, please refrain from revealing game-changing information (eg. the identities of your fellow Mafia). Speculate, theorise and express bewilderment at dumb plays all you want, but remember that the chat is not leakproof and game-ruining information CAN get out.

Play to win.
You should try your best to help your team win while you are alive and in the game. Clearly not playing towards your win objective will be grounds for a modkill and personal ban from me. However, this does not mean that you should try to win by being a jerk to the other players so they all want to quit playing.

This also means that you cannot leave the game without a good reason. These situations will be dealt with on a case by case basis. PM the host if you need to leave the game.

You have been warned.

Voting rules

1. This game uses Plurality Lynch. Whenever a player has the most votes on them at the end of a day phase, they are lynched and out of the game til it ends.
2. Voting will be done in the voting thread: [link]
3. Please use the format: ##VOTE: Username. I'm not requiring this, but it makes it easier for me to notice.

Credits

Thank you KarlaKGB for introducing mafia to TBT!
Thank you KermitTea for allowing me to be your Co-host in this, its going to be great!

Coaching

If you would like to be a coach, please use the following code and PM it to me, do not post it in this thread. i will be reviewing each application that I recieve and I will decide from there.

Please keep in mind that this is a VOLUNTARY job. You are not playing the game, your ultimate goal should be to help the new player you're assigned and NOT to control how they play. Give them advice, tips, and help them create their reads.

HTML:
[B]How many games have you played on the site?
How would you rank yourself in mafia on a scale of 1-10?
How do you think you would help a new player in the game?
Are you certain that your schedule gives you time for this?[/B]

If you haven't read all of the rules, please go back and do so.
I won't compensate for ignorance!

Also please keep in mind that sign-ups are not first come first serve, a completely new player has priority over someone who has played over 5 games.

Last edited:
Set-up Information
This is just a list of possible roles. Listed roles do not have to be in the game. It is not possible for multiple people to have the same role.

The Meme Defenders (TOWN)
  • Snapchat Hot Dog (Townie)
    You are the Snapchat Hot Dog, the Townie. You're new to the meme game and you don't want to see the meme economy crash. All you have is your voice and vote. You win when mafia and any other hostile parties (if any) are eliminated.
  • Nyan Cat (Townie)
    You are Nyan Cat. You enjoy playing your theme song on loop all day to annoy others. All you have is your voice and vote. You win when mafia and any other hostile parties (if any) are eliminated.
  • Spongebob (Townie)
    You are Spongebob, the Townie. yOu'Ve BeEn ArOuNd FoR a BiT aNd YoUr FeLloW mEmEs HaVe aSkEd FoR yOuR hElP. All you have is your voice and vote. You win when mafia and any other hostile parties (if any) are eliminated.
  • Dat Boi (Townie)
    You are Dat Boi, the Townie. Oh ****, whaddup? All you have is your voice and your vote. You win when mafia and any other hostile parties (if any) are eliminated.
  • iPhone Jack (Townie)
    You are the iPhone Jack. You are gone but never forgotten. All you have is your voice and vote. You win when mafia and any other hostile parties (if any) are eliminated.
  • Harambe (Townie)
    You are Harambe. The world will never forget your innocence and you continue to live on in meme heaven. All you have is your voice and vote. You win when mafia and any other hostile parties (if any) are eliminated.
  • Kermit (Townie)
    You are Kermit, the Townie. Sometimes you're evil, but that's none of my business. All you have is your voice and your vote. You win when mafia and any other hostile parties (if any) are eliminated.
  • WOAH (Townie)
    You are WOAH (Crash Bandicoot), the Townie. You're a recently created meme whom everyone loved, yet you were almost killed. Luckily, you have recently been revived in the meme community and everyone is happy to have you back! All you have is your voice and vote. You win when mafia and any other hostile parties (if any) are eliminated.
  • Sanic (Townie)
    You are Sanic, the Townie. Whoa! Gotta go fast!! That's no good. You're too slow!!! Yeah, you get it. You're the slickest meme on the block, and you're FAST!!!! All you have is your voice and vote. You win when mafia and any other hostile parties (if any) are eliminated.
  • Rickroll (Innocent Child)
    You are Rickroll, the Innocent Child. You have been around way longer than these other meme whippersnappers, everyone knows your song so of course you're 100% confirmed innocent. At the very start of the game, you will be confirmed in the thread that you are town. You win when Mafia and any other hostile parties (if any) are eliminated.
  • Bork (Doctor)
    You are Bork (Gabe), the Doctor. Even though you are in meme heaven, your soulful renditions allow you to heal others. Once per night, you may protect another player from death. You cannot protect the same person two nights in a row. You win when mafia and any other hostile parties (if any) are eliminated.
  • Pepe (Vigilante)
    You are Pepe, the 1-Shot Vigilante. It usually FeelsBadMan but you finally have the power to do something. Once per game you may praise to kek and shoot another player. You win when Mafia and any other hostile parties (if any) are eliminated.
  • Doge (Detective)
    You are Doge, the Detective. You are such awesome. Once per night you may visit a player and find out their alignment to halp town. Much wow. You win when mafia and any other hostile parties (if any) are eliminated.
  • Internet Explorer (Veteran)
    You are Internet Explorer, the Veteran. You've been slow for the past decade yet somehow you're still here. Your resilience gives you one bulletproof per game. You win when mafia and any other hostile parties (if any) are eliminated.
  • Pewdiepie (Jack of All Trades)
    You are Pewdiepie, the Jack of All Trades. You have a massive brofist army that gives you versatile powers. You have one protect, one investigate, and one roleblock. You win when mafia and any other hostile parties (if any) are eliminated.

The Meme Invaders (MAFIA)
  • Cash me ousside howbowdah (Mafia Goon)
    You are Cash me Ousside howbowdah, the Mafia Goon. Howbow dah? You made your debut on Dr. Phil, but you need more. You have since become a dead meme, and you are out for revenge to gain your place as the best meme once again. You are a Mafia Goon, you win once you and your partners equal or outnumber town and eliminate any hostile third parties (if any).
  • Keemstar (Mafia Roleblocker)
    You are Keemstar, the Mafia Roleblocker. What is up Drama Alert Nation, i'm Keemstar and lets get righttttt, into the nose!!! You were once the great host of the magnificent Drama Alert, but now you are the laughing stock of Youtube. You want your fame and popularity back, so you are out on a revenge mission! You are a Mafia Roleblocker, you may send in an action to roleblock a player once per night. If this player is a blue role, their action will not work. You win once you and your partners equal or outnumber Town and eliminate any hostile third parties (if any).
  • Boss Baby (Mafia Framer)
    You are Boss Baby, the Mafia Framer. You are clearly Dreamwork's masterpiece of a film, and as the Boss Baby you hold the money, power and authority to have someone look as suspicious as possible. You are a Framer, you may send in an action on 1 player per night. If that player is investigated, they will return as mafia to the investigation. You win once you and your partners equal or outnumber Town and eliminate any hostile third parties (if any).
  • The Emoji Movie (Mafia Strongarm)
    You are The Emoji Movie, the Mafia Strongarm. Your horrific ratings and general cringe is enough to kill just about anyone. Once per game, you may send in an additional strengthened kill that is guaranteed to kill the target. You win once you and your partners equal or outnumber Town and eliminate any hostile third parties (if any).
  • Minion (Godfather)
    You are Minion, the Godfather. For whatever reason, people just don't find your memes funny. Instead, they think they're random and immature. Why is this the case? You are clearly recognized as the greatest meme ever, so what happened? You are angered at people's distaste for you, so you have assembled a group of less popular memes and you're out for revenge. You are especially good at disguise -- if you are investigated at night, you will return as town. You win once you and your partners equal or outnumber Town and eliminate any hostile third parties (if any).

The Meme Spectators (THIRD PARTY)
  • Forever Alone (Survivor)
    You are Forever Alone, the Survivor. Given that you are Forever Alone, your only wish is to make it to the end. You are a Survivor, you win if you are alive when the game ends.
  • Protogent (Serial Killer)
    You are Protogent, the Serial Killer. You are nothing but a shell of what you say you are. You claim to be a "data saving antivirus", but you are nothing more than a virus yourself, a wolf in sheep's clothing. You are a Serial Killer, you win once these 3 roles are dead: (x), (x), (x). You don't need to kill all 3 (ie they can be lynched or killed by someone else), but you must kill at least 1 in order to achieve your end goal.
  • Behind the Meme (Lyncher)
    You are Behind the Meme, the Lyncher. You have an absolute bloodlust to kill memes for the sake of your greed for wealth. You enjoy making videos that help normies understand memes, killing them in the process. Your current target is (x), if you manage to see (x) get lynched, you will be announced as a winner and will be removed from the game.

Last edited:
If you have any questions, please PM me.

Last edited:
I'm in!

- - - Post Merge - - -

/in

- - - Post Merge - - -

Got my role. I am Proto, serial killing is my motto!

I'm in!

- - - Post Merge - - -

/in

- - - Post Merge - - -

Erm, didn't send you a role PM, and I just do you know...this isn't a roleplay

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm in!

- - - Post Merge - - -

/in

- - - Post Merge - - -

Erm, didn't send you a role PM, and I just do you know...this isn't a roleplay

Guys tell your friends to join
Open to all

- - - Post Merge - - -

Guys tell your friends to join
Open to all

Tbh if experienced players end up being the only ones joining this then you can tell there is a problem

i'm hesitant to play in case i accidentally lynch a minion : (

Don't feel so down, Toads! You played us like a fiddle in SK Madness! ;)

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm a second-time player.

Don't feel so down, Toads! You played us like a fiddle in SK Madness! ;)

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm a second-time player.
I'm taking it that you're a first time player. You barely participated in SK Madness, thinking it was a role play, plus, the game ended pretty quick.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I want to be cash me outside how bow dah

Who tf is that, I've heard of that but I actually don't know..
I should've never signed up for this game, I'm behind on memes because I'm too mature. ;)

Back