Are you aware that you're dreaming?

ugh i wish i could be aware that i'm dreaming. I've been trying to teach myself how to lucid dream for almost a year now and I'm still not having any success with it, usually I go on hiatus with it whenever I'm too busy with school.

I've done it successfully ONCE, but it was so short. All I did in the lucid dream was look around, drink a cup of water and then I woke up.

no, but i'd love to be able to lucid dream. it sounds fun, at least from what i hear from my friends who've experienced it. although i've also heard it's occasionally accompanied by sleep paralysis? and, based on other people's stories about it, it's apparently terrifying. so maybe lucid dreaming is only something i'd want to go through once aha

Most of the time, yes. Its a pretty odd experience, I'm moving around but I feel like I'm not moving at the same time (well duh, im sleeping)
when I wake up I have some memories of them, which is weird.

I always am, to me dreams are more like an interactive movie that I get to experience. It never feels real.

I lucid dream every night, so much fun!

yes i always know that im dreaming, and its so interesting to me! I love talking about it.

usually in my dream i'll do crazy stuff, and before i do whatever it is, I'll turn to someone next me and be like "i'll do it, its just a dream lol." Or recently I had a really cool dream and I was like "wow! wait is this a dream?" and whoever I was with turned to me and said "yes its just a dream," and i was like darn lol.

I can change my dream too if I don't like it. Or like, you know how some people can't do something in a dream and its really frustrating to them? (like they are trying to run but can't move) my dream can start out this way, but then I will realize I'm dreaming and I'll suddenly be able to do whatever I couldn't do before. And like I said, if my dream is turning creepy/scary and I don't like it, I can change it to something else. But I can't control what I'm dreaming about, its just like pressing skip on a song playlist. Sometimes if I try too hard to change a dream, I'll wake up.

I also recognize that I can't read in my dreams, and instead when looking at a book for example, i'll just see random words like "because and an use to the since" that don't make any sense

this is kinda unrelated but related at the same time. What if dreams are another life that you are currently living, but you only remember a small part of what is going on. Sometimes, you remember nothing. What if our "dreams" are an alternate reality, where everything is different, yet the same. And we "lucid dream" when we feel a strong emotion at some point in our "dream lives". And that's why when we are dreaming, we don't really remember what happened earlier that day in our current lives ("day lives").

I have put some thought into this if you can't tell :3

am i? if so how long have i been dreaming? the past week? month? year? my whole life?
i hope not

Last edited:
I'm only aware every once in a great while. But I do lucid dream if I wake up early in the morning and fall back asleep. It's really weird and cool.

Kind of? Like sometimes they're so crazy that I know I'm dreaming. But other times my dreams are realistic and I don't know if I'm awake or asleep.

Back