• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Mafia Five Nights at Freddy's Mafia | Endgame | Security Guards and BB Win

I am back from sleeping and work. Reading through the thread right now, it's unfortunate that some players still have not contributed with any posts of real value. Mogyay or Mary sticks out to me as quite scummy, though my Day 1 reads have never been the best. Possibly Heyden as well.

Mogyay says many things that rubs me the wrong way though - For example, in post #193, "u cant sus someone for coasting". Of course you can! Scum often plays by this exact tactic - Especially if it's an inexperienced player - Because they are nervous that every post that they make in the thread is a potential risk of them slipping up, so they prefer to say as little as possible. Whilst you can certainly have low activity and be town, most of the town's only real powers comes from talking to one another, so therefore being very silent is automatically anti-town behaviour.

As for Mary, she claimed prior to the game starting that she had played Mafia before several times and was comfortable with how the whole ordeal worked. However, once the game begun, she started to lurk quite heavily and made very few posts - And the ones she did make was all slightly 'defensive'. For example, in post #198 when she was called out for lurking, she claims "Tbh it's more that I'm a relative noob afraid to say something stupid and be laughed at/ turned on." - I find this statement a bit contradicting to her pre-game post when she confidently said " I've also played tbt mafia before and played RL mafia since I was a little kid."

Now, when it comes to Heyden, it's more of a gut feeling than anything else. Dolby has been throwing a tiny bit of suspicion his way too, and that actually influences my read on Heyden, because if it turns out that Dolby is scum, it'd make sense for him to act suspicious towards at least one of his teammates without making them a prime target. (And I'm always suspicious of Dolby, because he's a darned good player!)

I want to see a proper post from Miss Glow before it's crunch time and the votes start flying.

didnt you say this is 24/24? we have no time really

Yes, I did, and a policy vote disguised as a placeholder has no place here. And yes we have "no time" but there is no situation where a placeholder is valid. Also, unless Bowie says otherwise, I'm pretty sure we just have to vote every other day

- - - Post Merge - - -

Sat
1. What do you think of Evan/Bianca/everyone who stated support for a lynch of a coaster
2. That's actually uncannily accurate to what me and Heyden did last time we were maf together

Sat
1. What do you think of Evan/Bianca/everyone who stated support for a lynch of a coaster
2. That's actually uncannily accurate to what me and Heyden did last time we were maf together

Heh. Good to know!

What concerns me about the whole Evan / Bianca ordeal is that there's too many people pulling the strings moving the potential lynch candidate in either of these two directions, and they are at the forefront of almost every discussion right now. It seems entirely possible to me that this is an intentional ploy by the scum team, basically making sure that Day 1 will lead with one of these two people lynched, and it'll turn out that both of them are town.

Now, do I think that they're actually acting scummy? Yes, a little. I don't really know these people, and I have not gone back to check out previous games to figure out some kind of meta pattern analysis. (Sorry, I don't think I will have time for that this game - You guys have to do some of the heavier lifting!) But the fact that so many people are eager to put the heat onto these players is worrying. Bianca did seem the more scummy out of the two to me at first glance, but I've also read people mention 'that's just her playstyle', etc. And then you made some good points on why Evan might be a worthy lynch candidate in post #199, but I feel like if you'd be wrong about him, then I'd have a darn difficult time trusting you as the game moves forward. Personally, I found his strong town-lean on both of us and Mary worrying as well, which you mentioned in your post, and he has little basis for his scum-leans as well.

What I can say for certain is this: If we do lynch Evan, we will get more information out of his death than we would from most other players. If he flips scum, then you'd be a very strong town-read in my eyes. If he flips town, however, you'd be looking real bad. Still, you seem to be willing to take this risk, and that automatically puts you in a better spotlight IMO. Would be darn ballsy to push so strongly as Mafia on Day 1.

IMG_0564.jpg

i have not done any tags.

i would also like to see everyone's tags.

Technically, the rules state that you may NOT use screenshots as evidence of any kind, so I will not be posting a screenshot of any tags without specific permission from our Host ahead of time. That said, I haven't done any, and I find them a little childish. :p

Technically, the rules state that you may NOT use screenshots as evidence of any kind, so I will not be posting a screenshot of any tags without specific permission from our Host ahead of time. That said, I haven't done any, and I find them a little childish. :p

whoops, but yes they are very childish

I'm at a place and time where I can at least address part of Evan's defense. I'm going to ignore the first two parts of his response for the most part as it's focused more on what would be optimal town strategy(placeholder and focus on money). and multiple people have been doing it, some of whom have to be town. The third I think COULD be a townie reaction, but my gut still tells me it's fake because that really isn't something that Iview as feasible, especially D1 with a majority of 7.

Now as for his response to the actual analysis part of my case against him, scum Evan WOULD vote early. He was second to vote in Francise wars for example, and the push on peichi strikes me not like the cop/FN thing from that game (probably was unclear on that) but his attempts to steer th lynch that game onto Kat, who was pretty much a confirmed third party, and could only be mafia if I was maf as well. This was made as an attempt to redirect the lynch off of Ayaya, but the important thing here was that he's directing the lynch at somebody who isn't going to defend themselves, just as Kat had admitted to being a third party, and he aimed for them.

Now, as for peichi coasting. Again, this is nothing but a disguised policy lynch imo. At the point of Evan's vote (Evan had defended himself saying that practically everyone had checked in) a full 25% of the game hadn't posted. And again lynching potential coasters D1 is no different than a policy lynch. And again, at that point In time, peichi was no different from aglow and chick

Pretty sure that he simply miswrote his pocketing paragraph, so gonna let him ignore that for now

I'll hopefully have full reads by lunch. Glows quietness kinda bothers me though, reminds me of OW

Yes, I did, and a policy vote disguised as a placeholder has no place here. And yes we have "no time" but there is no situation where a placeholder is valid. Also, unless Bowie says otherwise, I'm pretty sure we just have to vote every other day

people are placeholding votes left and right and of course they vote themselves. But when an actual voter votes for someone else then it is very scummy. so that leaves people to not vote since we will not get modkilled anyway if we don't vote once. And everybody is talking as if it is a final vote. Votes change all the time. Why is there sudden panic for voting?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Heh. Good to know!

What concerns me about the whole Evan / Bianca ordeal is that there's too many people pulling the strings moving the potential lynch candidate in either of these two directions, and they are at the forefront of almost every discussion right now. It seems entirely possible to me that this is an intentional ploy by the scum team, basically making sure that Day 1 will lead with one of these two people lynched, and it'll turn out that both of them are town.

This is possibly the situation. Scum team would take advantage of the fact that I have three votes on me (provided Chick Mary or peichi are town). That would give 6 votes to lynch me. Now if there's a fourth mafia, im a goner

- - - Post Merge - - -

Actually let me take that back, all the Mafia had to do really is sit back and not vote me. and I will be voted, making the town do the work for them. Too bad.

about to start a student session here (I run my own speech and debate coaching business), but I will just say that I am not comfortable with the Bianca bandwagon, like at all. Frankly she always has pretty weak cases when people pressure her as either alignment, and despite her scummy behavior in BOTW she flipped town. So I'd wait to see more before lynching her

I'll address other issues later but my vote is on Kirby for now. Something feels really off about his posts lately and he's moved to my scumleans, as I kick peichi to null.

which should have been done in the last game. Now we now potential coasting could be a scum strategy

There's a difference between someone who has the potential to coast and someone actually coasting. And yes, I'm uncomfortable with said bandwagon @Evan

Either that is really the situation which I want to believe or you were told that you need to post more...

a master of the inactive scum method such as myself knows thats not how u do it!!
jk anyways I'm on page 26 rn, put a place vote bc it looks like ill miss the deadline cuz I'm being a photographer at some sweet 16 until way after EoD

This is what led me to sus potential coasters...

- - - Post Merge - - -

There's a difference between someone who has the potential to coast and someone actually coasting. And yes, I'm uncomfortable with said bandwagon @Evan

and that is why I unvoted peichi the moment she said something about it and explained her rationale.

Still won't be able to do anything for another two hours or so, but I'm back! Gone through everything. You haven't found the other hidden Fazbucks yet, so I'm just gonna leave ya'll to it until Night 1 begins.

Another disadvantage of potential coasters is voting. If they placehold or voted someone, it will stay there throughout the end of day and will not help town right now.

Peichi and chick will not come on until late tonight. Their vote on me will stay there without knowing if that is indeed their final vote or not. If they actually think I am scum, thats fine. But if they are just voting based on what they saw and heard at the moment and they do not come on until later in the game, mislynch could occur.

I'd rather get rid of those instances

- - - Post Merge - - -

Are we gonna talk about the items and strategize against mafia or talk about coasters and non coasters?

I dislike that the Fazbucks are written in the Mafia colour. Maybe it's just a coincidence, maybe it's a hint of some kind, or or maybe it's a deep philosophical statement telling us that "Money corrupts". Either way, it's a little unsettling.

@ Heyden and @ Mogyay - Who do you guys plan on voting for today, and why?

Yes, I was originally confident, and I see how my seemingly sudden reluctance to post could seem sus. I felt confident originally but after Dolby posted I went through several past games and noted that the game HAS changed a lot and I'm feeling rusty. Probably should have started with a newbie game first, but I'll do my best to contribute.

Yes, I was originally confident, and I see how my seemingly sudden reluctance to post could seem sus. I felt confident originally but after Dolby posted I went through several past games and noted that the game HAS changed a lot and I'm feeling rusty. Probably should have started with a newbie game first, but I'll do my best to contribute.

so you said I'm sus enough to vote me. This is based off voting Pechie right and my rationale behind it? Who else are you thinking as mafia besides me?

so you said I'm sus enough to vote me. This is based off voting Pechie right and my rationale behind it? Who else are you thinking as mafia besides me?
Sus enough for me to vote for you for now, but that's fairly likely to change as more people make their cases. Wasn't sure how much I'd be on all day as I have school and didn't want to not vote. As it turns out, we haven't done much in school today.

As for who else, I'm not certain. I find myself doubting all of my reasoning. I'll let you in on my thought process.

Dolby- contributing a lot. I'm struggling to read him. He has enough experience to feign town or maf and certainly to convince me of either.

Bianca- seems defensive and quick to blame others.
Sataric- town-lean. Asking helpful questions + posts seem genuine.

Will add more, but should do a little work before the sub fusses at me again.

Sus enough for me to vote for you for now, but that's fairly likely to change as more people make their cases. Wasn't sure how much I'd be on all day as I have school and didn't want to not vote. As it turns out, we haven't done much in school today.

As for who else, I'm not certain. I find myself doubting all of my reasoning. I'll let you in on my thought process.

Dolby- contributing a lot. I'm struggling to read him. He has enough experience to feign town or maf and certainly to convince me of either.

Bianca- seems defensive and quick to blame others.
Sataric- town-lean. Asking helpful questions + posts seem genuine.

Will add more, but should do a little work before the sub fusses at me again.

I'm just curious because you saw something about my rationale with Peichi and you said im sus about it but you think im likely town and i just want fazbucks. but then bandwagon came and suddenly im 100% scum.

Chick's big post about me is really unusual and something is off but I answered her question. Usually when chick sus on someone, its like two sentences or three...but I saw that Big Bianca post and I was like hmmm....and most of the bandwagon came from that post, the fact that she did not me "threatening" so I have a reason to believe that Chick's post influenced your vote. I can understand peichi because I will be OMGSUSing too to death If I am voted. Chick could be scum , thus the big post, and as for you, I dont know if you are that easily influenced.

As for who else, I'm not certain. I find myself doubting all of my reasoning.

When you get the time, would you please bring forward some of these reasonings that you are doubting regarding the other players. Even if you aren't sure about your reads, I think it would be interesting to see what your thoughts are on the players that you didn't mention above. Thanks.

Back