Pokémon Favourite and least favorite Generation?

ThomasHasntPlayedAC

I need a username change.
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Coco
Lobo
Mint
Tasty Cake
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Jingle Christmas Doll
Isabelle
New Leaf Token
Tasty Cake
Pavé
Title explains it all. State your favorite and least favorite Pokemon generations.

For me, favourite is gen 2, because I grew up with it, and least favorite is gen 6. I just don't care for 6. The bads outweigh the goods. Mega Evolution is amazing, and adds a whole new world of depth and strategy to battles, and the hordes are great and as an added bonus, they unintentionally increased the shiny rate, but imo, it's just not FUN. It doesn't have the same magic as gens 1-3 (and 5 for me. I have unpopular opinions, okay?) and had some bad pokemon designs (I'm looking at you, Klefki.), and much more. It's like the Gen One of modern pokemon! (**** genwunners.) Hehe, I prolly just started a flame war. Better put on my Goron Tunic.

Anyways, thanks for listening to my rant. Have fun in this thread.

Gen 2 is my favorite being that silver was my first game and I have the most fond memories with my training.

Least is Sinnoh. I just couldn't get into it for some reason

Last edited:
Gen 2 was my favorite at all.. the reason why i love S/G/C because you can battle with 16 gyms.

and Kalos was my least gen. The concept of story was boring.

I've only played gen 1, 3, and 4, but from those three my favorite is definitely generation 3 (Ruby and Sapphire). I have the most fond memories with that game, and it was the generation that really got me into Pokemon after fire red started me up.

My least favorite was gen 4 cause it just wasn't very interesting to me, and I've never really been interested in any games after that.

Gen 6 is my favorite because that's when I finally managed to "catch them all"

Least favorite is gen 7 but there's still time for that to change

5 > 4 > 6 > 3 > 2 > 1

My favourite generation was five because it had the best story in my opinion, it was nice because it only had new Pokemon (but BW2 was enjoyable even with old Pokemon) and the story was mindblowing. Not as good as the PMD series but it was completely different from the other games and it stood out to me. The whole story with Plasma and N and Ghetsis was interesting, and the questions that the game asked us about the treatment of Pokemon and 'animals' made the game a unique experience.

Least favourite was 6 because it was too rushed, it felt more like a demonstration of what the 3DS could do rather than an actual game.

Last edited:
Gen IV is the best IMO, DPP and HGSS are some of the best games in the series. Not to mention PMD explorers of sky is the best PMD game. The Gen IV anime was also probably the best the series has had so far (only complaint is they half assed Brock but that's a whole other tangent).

Worst I'd say is either Gen VI or VII. They're still so new, and it feels like they just dropped Gen VI to start over with Gen VII, and now they can never really revisit Gen VI and it's just going to be that forgotten generation. Then there's Gen VII, where the main series games are decent, but they hold your hand so much it's annoying.

A few years ago Gen III and V used to be my least favorites, but I've come to appreciate and love them in time. Hopefully I can do the same for Gen VI and VII. TBH I can see me changing my mind on Gen VII, but I think Gen VI is just so bad it can't ever be saved, so I'd have to say that's my least favorite generation, which is a shame because I loved Mega Evolutions, ORAS and Pokemon GO.

I've been playing Pokemon since Blue when it first came out in the US back in the '90s. But I actually have to give my favorite to Gen 7. There's just so many things I like about it. Sure, there's some problems, but no Pokemon game has been perfect.

All of the main Pokemon games are enjoyable but honestly, I think I have to give least favorite to gen 1. Yes, I played it back in the day. Yes, I do have nostalgia for it to a certain degree. But there's just so many things about gen 1 that now feel archaic. I'm playing through the Virtual Console version of Yellow now and certain things just annoy me. The limited item space, manually having to switch boxes or you can't catch anymore Pokemon, the fact that 100% accuracy attacks can actually randomly miss (except Swift), the fact that Pokeballs can miss (WTF?!), status effects feel extra annoying for various reasons, there is very little story, etc. I'm still having fun, but it makes you miss so many modern gameplay aspects.

Favorite - Generation 4. HGSS and DPPLare just too fun and entertaining for me. :D

Worst - Generation 3. I never really liked this Generation, FRLG's music kinda annoys me a bit to some extent and RBE aren't very appealing to me.

my favorite is generation is III, and my least favorite is VI.

Last edited:
Best is Gen I and II.
I can't pick, they both are just amazing.

Worst is probably Unova.
Just couldn't get into it...

Back