• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

So lately I've been playing the game with the sound on

Jellieyz

King of rec
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
And man I miss the calming tunes and when the villagers sing the town tune.

My current town tune is the Chocobo Theme and listening to everyone sing it is cute as heck. Also, Kicks is hands down probably the best one for me, I love the whistling.

I always play with the sound partially on. It's usually so soothing, the best reason to play Animal Crossing. Or thunderstormy and you can squelch through the mud. Then you hear the little whoosh as the balloon comes overhead. Playing with the sound on. Better than playing with it off.

The thunderstorm sounds are my favorite!! I also love when it's winter themed.

It's been raining every other day in my main town and thunderstorms are awesome.

My daughter bought me noise canceling headphones! Oh. my. gosh, the sound in game is incredible! Especially, for me, the sounds of the water in all it's forms: river, waterfalls, rain (storms are awesome). I have all the water PWP's: geyser, four fountains, two hot springs and I have put the outdoor chair and benches near them, or tree stumps and rocks for sitting and listening. Even the ponds have cool, unique gurgling sounds.

And, of course, the music. My favorites are the 2 and 3am songs. Definitely sound ON for me.

PS I can't believe I forgot to mention the sound of the ocean! I love it!

Last edited:
I'm currently diving with the sound on and it's super peaceful! I love the water sounds in game, especially the waterfalls. I also like hearing my villagers whistle the town tunes, rn I have it set to the hall0ween theme from michael myers and it's hilarious hearing them sing that lol

I always play with the sound on. I don`t want to miss the pinging from the villagers.

I am usually someone who plays late at night because i'm so busy, but lately I have been bringing my DS to Uni and before my 8:30am/8:50am classes I will play because I make sure I get there super early. The morning songs are HEAVENLY. They are so calming, especially since I am not used to hearing them at all.

I almost always play sound on, except if I'm in the school library or in a busy area. In busy areas it's hard to hear anyway so no use having it on. But yeah the sound quality in this game is exceptional.

i always play without sound but idk i guess i should turn it on once in a while. i dont even know what my town tune sounds like

Back